Menu

03.10.18

Front Row @ Miu Miu Spring 2019

Miu Miu Spring2019

As this was the Miu Miu Spring 2019 presentation during Paris Fashion Week on Tuesday (October 2), all the quirky front-row looks were present and accounted for.

Bruna Marquezine: The magpie in me was salivating over the embellishment in the Brazilian actress-model’s dazzling frock that walked the line between sweet and sassy. I love the deep royal-blue hue, too.

Juliette Lewis: I’m glad Juliette carried the winter-white coat to add a layer of sophisticated structure to the fun of this feather-bottom dress.

Olivia Palermo: If your eyes aren’t on sensory overload as a result of the leopard print, neon florals, and plaid, then I commend you. No wonder Olivia had to wear sunglasses.

Miu Miu Spring2019

Kate Mara: I could much easier get on board with this easier-on-the-eyes mix of patterns and plaid. The slightly sheer metallic top added just a hint of allure here.

Poppy Delevingne: The baby-blue hue of this coat is so lovely on Poppy, although a piece of me was curious what the prairie-slip dress looked like underneath. Regardless, both winter and summer seasons were duly represented here.

Julia Garner: I was kinda getting a ‘Grease’ vibe here, but that wouldn’t exactly account for addition of the classic trench coat to the almost costume-y look.

Stacy Martin: With another ode to the feather boa, this satiny floral look seemed a bit too delicate in colour for the embellished black shoes.

Raffey Cassidy: There will be no denying the vintage allure of this dotted frock.

Alexa Chung: I actually loved this edgy-chic look from Alexa, as it was refreshing to see a sultrier side to her style.

Credit: Getty

CR Fashion Book Issue 13 Launch Party

CR Fashion Book Issue 13 Launch Party

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

12 Responses to Front Row @ Miu Miu Spring 2019

1. meme October 3, 2018 at 15:17 #

Kate’s look is fine and Poppy’s blue coat is lovely. The rest is hideous. Olivia Palermo looks positively ridiculous.

2. Chris October 3, 2018 at 13:30 #

Kate’s look is effortlessly chic, I like.
    Juliette’s look is kinda cool as well.

3. Alina October 3, 2018 at 07:00 #

Nope…

4. CreoleLady October 3, 2018 at 06:54 #

Lmao, Olivia Palermo, what exactly IS that??!!. Nevermind, I needed a good laugh, hahahahaha *wipes away tears of laughter*

• meme October 3, 2018 at 15:17 #

she looks like a fancy bag lady.

5. Iva October 3, 2018 at 06:03 #

I actually like Kate Mara the most.

• Camilla October 3, 2018 at 10:21 #

+1. I would wear her outfit in a heartbeat, plus her hair and make-up is absolutely perfect.

• TeaAtTwo October 3, 2018 at 13:49 #

I would pair it with Juliette’s coat.

6. TeaAtTwo October 3, 2018 at 05:43 #

I think moet of these looks are quite cute actually in their retro influence. I like the coat and skirt separately but none of Olivia’s pieces work together, lord knows how’s still considered a fashionista. Bruna looks great here. I think I would most emulate Kate’s look. I don’t like the bust cut of her slip but I really Poppy’s coat with it. Raffey looks well put together in this charm of a dress.

7. JHH October 3, 2018 at 04:10 #

For some reason, I love Raffey’s look. Olivia looks like a crazy lady who lives in the haunted house that children avoid for good reason in the movies. I don’t like the coat with the dress but Juliette looks really good and sort of like Jennifer Garner here. Recently, I have come to believe that Poppy is going through a fashion crisis. Alexa’s outfit is just on the trashy side of sultry to me.

8. Hailey October 3, 2018 at 02:29 #

I wish Stacy wore this dress to a premiere and with different shoes as I think this is a great and different look for her.

9. Vizual Ninja October 3, 2018 at 02:03 #

That’s a busy mini on Bruna but she’s working it. I know Juliette is a free spirit but I don’t think that’s her dress and the coat is lovely but seems like an afterthought. I really like Kate here, the mixed prints work well to me.