Menu

September 25, 2018 Premiere

Ryan Gosling Loves Burnt Orange Suits

Ryan Gosling Loves His Gucci Suit

While the likes of Timothée Chalamet, Chadwick Boseman, Eddie Redmayne, Tom Hiddleston, and most recently Henry Golding are continuing to set the standard when it comes to red carpet menswear, Ryan Gosling is still one of the most stylish men alive.

Why?

Because he nails it at every turn.

I noticed that the actor opted to wear a similar version of his burnt orange Gucci suit for the San Sebastian Film Festival premiere of ‘First Man’ on Monday (September 24) in Spain, having worn one during Venice Film Festival.

Why does he manage to make this look work?

It’s a heady mix of bring his own brand of swagger that’s marries ease and elegant, with a sprinkle of retro and modern.

This current vintage style statement is serving him very well, and perhaps it is associated with the movie, or an influence from his girlfriend Eva Mendes.

Do you agree that he is nailing this current look, or do you miss the movie star James Bond-esqe glamour we closely associated him with so long?

Credit: Getty

Lady Gaga In Givenchy Haute Couture - 'A Star Is Born' LA Premiere

Lady Gaga In Givenchy Haute Couture – ‘A Star Is Born’ LA Premiere

Tiffany Haddish In Tadashi Shoji - 'Night School' LA Premiere

Tiffany Haddish In Tadashi Shoji – ‘Night School’ LA Premiere

9 Responses to Ryan Gosling Loves Burnt Orange Suits

1. jennysl September 27, 2018 at 4:03 pm #

An outfit repeater! Men wear the same basic suits/tux all the time but when it’s a bit more distinct look they you really notice when they repeat an outfit. It’s the same suit with slightly different print shirt.

When women pick a distinct style like black and white for Janelle Monae or the 40s for Dita Von Tesse they have a plethora of different options even within that genre. Ryan wears the same formulaic look just in different colours.

Like other posters below I’m bored with it. Also the flat head hair is not flattering.

2. Alina September 26, 2018 at 9:32 am #

Swoon.

3. MissCoco September 26, 2018 at 12:25 am #

Ohhhh those piercing blue eyes ??? …. what suit? ??

4. CreoleLady September 25, 2018 at 10:58 pm #

That is not his suit color nor is it his hairstyle.I have most definitely moved on. I do like the fit and length of the first look.

5. Nadine Hughey September 25, 2018 at 10:47 pm #

Definitely like the modern retro vibe.

6. meme September 25, 2018 at 3:06 pm #

I’m still concerned about his hair.

7. TeaAtTwo September 25, 2018 at 2:29 pm #

Clothes, no clothes.. sorry drifted. He sells the retro thing but he’s not my no 1 dresser but a lot of these other guys wear full runway looks too so it doesn’t take too much creativity either.

8. Lara September 25, 2018 at 12:49 pm #

In that first look, those shoes are a no. Overall, I do not find him as appealing as I used to fashion-wise. Make no mistake, he is still a superb dresser, but after the likes of Chadwick this year… it is nearly impossible for me to be satisfied with suit after suit, though kudos to him for opting for different colours, at least.

• James September 25, 2018 at 2:01 pm #

I have to agree with you. I need something else besides suits and he has been obsessed with this color and I happen to dislike this automn-ish color on a suit. Very 70’s to me. After Chadwick’s promo tour, I have become very demanding about men and fashion. They need to spice up things a little bit. Although I love Noah and Caleb from Stranger things as they are very stylish and trendy, I need the adult men to do the same and Ryan isn’t bringing it anymore for me either. Still handsome though 🙂