Menu

25.09.18

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy – ‘Oceania’ Exhibition Opening

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy - 'Oceania' Opening

Today (September 25), was a special day for Meghan, Duchess of Sussex as it marked her first solo engagement since becoming a member of the royal family.

The Duchess opened the ‘Oceania’ at the Royal Academy of Arts looking effortlessly stylish in a Givenchy velvet appliqué midi dress.

While it is black, again, there is no deny how elegant she looks.

The mix in textures and gold accents keeps me interested, as do her simple, yet chic accessories which included Birks ‘Snowflake Snowstorm’ earrings, Aquazzura pumps and a Givenchy clutch.

Those of your wanting the Duchess to embrace UK-based designers, the wait continues. I have a feeling the UK wardrobe may come out during the Australia tour.

The exact dates were released recently, and are as follows:

Tuesday, October 16: Sydney, Australia
Friday, October 26: Nuku’alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
Saturday, October 27: Sydney, Australia
Sunday, October 28: Wellington, New Zealand
Monday, October 29: Wellington and Abel Tasman, New Zealand
Tuesday, October 30: Auckland, New Zealand
Wednesday, October 31: Rotorua, New Zealand

I would expect three changes per day. So surely some will represent her new homeland.

Credit: Getty

Leighton Meester In SemSem - Good Morning America

Leighton Meester In SemSem – Good Morning America

2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival

2018 iHeartRadio Music Festival

31 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Givenchy – ‘Oceania’ Exhibition Opening

1. Camilla September 26, 2018 at 8:54 am #

Imagine how fun it would have been if she’d stepped out in Leighton Meester’s dress – same shape but so much for flattering and joyful…

2. Camilla September 26, 2018 at 8:53 am #

It’s not a flattering design – the ‘crew neck V’ is so deep that it just makes her chest seem flattened. Add the matronly sleeves and skirt’s pencil shape and length and it just feels drab drab drab.

3. CrisB September 26, 2018 at 6:50 am #

if you look at the picture where she is holding the flowers and looking to her side, you can see the outline of her bra under her breasts. So she is wearing one!

Give her a chance, she is just starting, and we will see many more outfits from her, and many more designers will be represented.

Her overall look is elegant and minimalist. I personally find it lovely. It is not full of colors/flowers/patterns, she is not trying to stand out, but trying to be appropriate and as if disappearing in the crowd and the event, blending in, not flamboyant.

4. moonbeam September 26, 2018 at 5:48 am #

This dress reminds me of a graduation robe.

5. Caitlin September 26, 2018 at 12:59 am #

I hate this. Don’t know what it is

6. Vuong September 26, 2018 at 12:40 am #

The only look I like from Meghan so far, very chic and elegant! However, I noticed that her clothing, even the custom made, never fits her completely. This one is much better, but still problematic around the bust. And is that her n*p showing in the closer pic!?!

7. tweed September 25, 2018 at 11:32 pm #

She looks beautiful and elegant. It could’ve worked without the belt so the dress can just skim her body, but that’s a minor nitpick.

• brat September 25, 2018 at 11:59 pm #

the belt makes the dress, removing it would sink the look!

8. Milly September 25, 2018 at 10:51 pm #

I’d prefer it without the sleeves, but she looks appropriate and elegant. I’m hoping she will wear some Australian/NZ designers while on tour and that she leaves the navy and black outfits at home.

9. Vizual Ninja September 25, 2018 at 10:34 pm #

Criticizing cracked heels now? Man, the level of petty…you’d think marrying a Prince would be a dream come true, but from witnessing her ordeal I’d never wish this on my worst enemy. Anyhoo, love the outfit, very chic and well put together….looking forward to see what she churns out for the tour.

• Jerusa Herrera September 25, 2018 at 11:25 pm #

+1000 I mean, you have to zoooooom in to see it!

Anyways BDOTW for me ❤️

• JHH September 26, 2018 at 12:54 am #

+2. I still can’t see the heels and I will not zoom in to check.

• SilentVisitor September 26, 2018 at 2:54 am #

Although I don’t think marrying a prince is a dream, I totally get what you’re saying. The worst is, the comment was probably written by a woman……….a woman!!!

You said petty, I think this is more than petty; I am always amazed by some of the stuffs I read online; It is best to sometimes quietly ignore

She looks so chic! This is might one of her best since the wedding.

• Eni September 26, 2018 at 10:30 am #

10. Eva September 25, 2018 at 10:21 pm #

I want to like it, but… The triangle in the front looks like a bib, and it feels like the excess of fabric on the skirt and sleeves overwhelms for her petite frame. It’s unflattering to me.
    But I do appreciated that she is trying, and the touch of velvet!

11. vicky September 25, 2018 at 9:58 pm #

No, no, no.

12. CN September 25, 2018 at 9:29 pm #

She looks really chic!

13. Fee September 25, 2018 at 9:20 pm #

Despite it being black, this is her best look in a long while.

14. Pedro September 25, 2018 at 8:54 pm #

Catherine saves, she spends. lol

Anyway, she looks amazing!

• ChelseaRucas September 25, 2018 at 11:45 pm #

I’m not a fan but of the dress but you know what’s worse? Trolling people.

Catherine saves? FYI She has 3 Alexander McQueen coats in various shades of white. If that’s not unnecessary, then…

Didn’t you notice the comments about the chipped heel? Wouldn’t wearing it be considered “frugal?”

Gee…

15. Marie September 25, 2018 at 8:48 pm #

What’s so elegant about showing nipples once again at royal engagement while representing The Queen?
    What’s so elegant about cracked heels?

• Catherine Kallon September 25, 2018 at 9:11 pm #

I didn’t notice either until your comment tbh.

• meme September 25, 2018 at 9:14 pm #

What nipples? I can’t even see the heels of her feet.

• brat September 25, 2018 at 11:31 pm #

You gotta do a close-up but she’s def braless. It’s not obvious, though.

• TinaL September 26, 2018 at 4:45 am #

Wanted to say it’s a good look until I saw your comment…
      A huge NO. It’s not that hard to wear a bra or use a cover pad right?

16. Nat123 September 25, 2018 at 8:43 pm #

She looks elegant and appropriate. I guess black is her favorite color.

17. brat September 25, 2018 at 8:38 pm #

1. She’s definitely not pregnant.

2. This is one of her best royal looks to date. Very elegant. Her black ensembles seem to be Meghan’s idea of bucking royal trends.

18. Aocc September 25, 2018 at 8:37 pm #

This is so chic!, BDOTW

19. meme September 25, 2018 at 8:23 pm #

Love this. She looks so elegant. Beautifully styled and those shoes!!!! BDOTW candidate for me.

• Alina September 26, 2018 at 8:35 am #