Menu

14.09.18 Menswear

Rihanna’s 4th Annual Diamond Ball

Rihanna's 4th Annual Diamond Ball

There were plenty more stars who attended Rihanna’s 4th Annual Diamond Ball benefitting The Clara Lionel Foundation on Thursday (September 13) in New York City.

Teyana Taylor: The singer will always provide a talking point, whether she’s half naked or serving up plenty of drama. It was the latter on this occasion, as she clearly meant business in this formal pinstriped tuxedo dress from Moschino’s Fall 2018 collection. You weren’t fans of how Damaris Lewis presented this look, but does adding the shirt and tie sell the look the second time around.

Donald Glover: Having been part of the Gucci gang for so long, the actor opted for Dior Men Spring 2019 on this occasion. I love the teal-blue shade and the relaxed fit which made him look every inch a modern gent.

Issa Rae: All that glitters was gold for Issa Rae in Valentino Resort 2019. With that much bling you would’ve thought she would skip on the jewelry, but she added a stunning pair of Mateo earrings and gold Stuart Wetizman sandals.

Rihanna's 4th Annual Diamond Ball

Justine Skye: Prabal Gurung’s Spring 2018 gown has been draped with precision to create a colourful, jaw-dropping look for the singer.

Tiffany Haddish: I’m not sure if it’s the hair or the Rubin Singer dress, but I found this look terribly aging for Tiffany. The look was styled with Chopard jewels.

Rihanna's 4th Annual Diamond Ball

Nicky Hilton: The socialite was in her element wearing an Oscar de la Renta gown with Jacob & Co. jewels that was made for a gala ball. If I was to nitpick, I wish the bodice was a tad more flattering, but she is elegance personified nonetheless.

Paris Hilton: Of the two sisters, Paris blew me away in her Pamella Roland Resort 2019 feathered and embellished gown. Mostly because I didn’t know she had this in her. For a while the socialite has appeared to have been suck in the ’90s style-wise, but this look saw her come into her own.

Josephine Skriver: I think I would’ve been more fond of this Le Lis Blanc if the skirt was all one length.

Odell Beckham Jr: The American football star was dressed in Prada. Thankfully he wore black soaks, as they distract me from the fact that his trousers appear to be too short.  The look was styled with Christian Louboutin ‘Orleaness’ dress shoes.

Joan Smalls: We’ve seen so many of these style of silk gowns of late, but how could you not fall in love with that violet hue time and time again? Her Roberto Cavalli Couture look was iced out with De Beers jewels and styled with gold Christian Louboutin sandals.

Rihanna's 4th Annual Diamond Ball5

LaLa Anthony: The ‘Power’ actress dazzled in a Georgine Fall 2018 dress that had a ’60s charm to it.

Duckie Thot: A red, embellished, fringed jumpsuit? I’m not even going to pretend I don’t love it, because I do.

Candice Swanepoel: The model went rogue with her Rosa Chá mini dress. She looks good in this piece – and remarkably like Gisele Bundchen here – but this was more Victoria’s Secret after-party than charity gala.

Credit: Getty

Cate Blanchett In Roksanda - 'The House with a Clock in Its Walls' Press Day

Cate Blanchett In Roksanda – ‘The House with a Clock in Its Walls’ Press Day

Laia Costa In Chanel - 'Life Itself' LA Premiere

Laia Costa In Chanel – ‘Life Itself’ LA Premiere

16 Responses to Rihanna’s 4th Annual Diamond Ball

1. Onegin September 17, 2018 at 8:59 pm #

I love that Donald Glover is wearing a suit with no shirt underneath. Probably one of the best looks I’ve seen him in. I wish someone with great pecs would dare to sport this ‘look’ with a wider neckline 😉

2. Caitlin September 17, 2018 at 1:13 am #

Oh my god, Paris !!!!

3. Tsarah September 15, 2018 at 8:42 am #

Justine and Paris blow me away with the dramatic entrance, and Joan because of her understated yet impactful look.

4. Alina September 15, 2018 at 6:48 am #

Donald and Justine.

5. Amy September 15, 2018 at 6:28 am #

Teyana’s look is very interesting. it’s one of her best.
    Justine looks lovely. Great colour combo
    Paris looks great as well, so does Joan

6. JHH September 15, 2018 at 12:40 am #

Joan Smalls looks very good here — the color of the dress is the star here. I also really love how she has a hint of purple in her lipstick. The only thing I don’t like is that I think the dress should be up a bit to avoid that extra fabric in the cups of the dress. This might be Paris Hilton’s best look ever. Issa Rae is a lovely woman and her dress is lovely but not the right dress for her. I had to do a double take to recognize Tiffany Haddish — her hairstyle and dress age her by about 40 years. ANd the dress is unflattering. A belt might have helped. Justine Skye looks gorgeous, definitely a BDOTW possibility. The rest are meh or awful (Duckie Thot).

7. Caroline September 14, 2018 at 10:57 pm #

Nicki, Paris and Joan look so good.

8. Tamia September 14, 2018 at 10:14 pm #

Why is Tiffany Haddish moonlighting as Gayle King?!

9. meme September 14, 2018 at 9:42 pm #

Lala and Duckie’s outfits are hideous.

Issa looks nice as does Candace. Joan Smalls the winner though, she looks great in that purple dress.

I don’t like the way Teyana styled the Moschino and it’s way too long. I liked it best on the model (sans that weird mask).

10. Kay September 14, 2018 at 8:48 pm #

That suit on Donald Glover is so ill-fitting it almost looks as if he’s wearing a women’s suit.

11. CreoleLady September 14, 2018 at 8:43 pm #

My eyes went straight to that beautiful color purple, j’adore. Justine wow and Teyana, drama is the only word, she is putting in the work for sure. Lala, I am warming to. Issa’s gold, would love to see in motion, I think I might like it more.

12. TeaAtTwo September 14, 2018 at 6:31 pm #

Odell’s hair is awful. Issa looks nice, so does Joan though the design is all to familiar but the colour is sublime. Justine gown is lovely but needed to be shortened.

13. Hailey September 14, 2018 at 6:13 pm #

My jaw dropped at how gorgeous Justine looks. Also, Joan looks absolutely stunning. Both BDOTW contenders for me!

14. brat September 14, 2018 at 6:04 pm #

Teyana looks great this is a much better outing for that tuxedo dress.

Justine looks amazing and this is a surprisingly elegant look for Paris.

Joan’s look is simple but gorgeous.

15. Vizual Ninja September 14, 2018 at 5:30 pm #

This is a personal best for Teyana, even though I’m not crazy about it. That pink is gorgeous on Justine. It’s definitely the hair that’s aging Tiffany but it is a pretty dated look. The Hilton sisters looks are dated to me as well. My favourite here is Joan, yes its a silhouette we’re very familiar with but the colour is gorgeous and she looks great. Issa looks nice too.

16. TinaL September 14, 2018 at 5:20 pm #