Menu

Rihanna In Dolce & Gabbana – Savage X Fenty Fall/Winter 2018

Rihanna In Dolce & Gabbana - Savage X Fenty Fall/Winter 2018

Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty Fall/Winter 2018 fashion show closed NYFW on Wednesday (September 12) in Brooklyn, New York.

Rather than wear a look from her own Fenty x Puma line, the singer wore a Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2018 dress.

My first reaction to this was disappointment.

I believe this brown hue was chosen to resemble second skin, as she was promoting her lingerie line after all, but I found the look really unflattering.

Had this been a black, I believe the dress would’ve been much more forgiving.

A Chopard watch, Harry Kotlar diamond studs, Le Vian garnet earrings and diamond bracelets, and Brumani quartz rings accessorized her look along with strappy sandals and funky red shades.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Keira Knightley In Valentino Haute Couture - The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Keira Knightley In Valentino Haute Couture – The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Melissa George In Schiaparelli Haute Couture - Hulu's 'The First' Los Angeles Premiere

Melissa George In Schiaparelli Haute Couture – Hulu’s ‘The First’ Los Angeles Premiere

12 Responses to Rihanna In Dolce & Gabbana – Savage X Fenty Fall/Winter 2018

1. TeaAtTwo September 13, 2018 at 17:40 #

That pose isn’t helping but I totally agree black would have been much better.

2. SilentVisitor September 13, 2018 at 17:22 #

Lupita has already worn this dress with much more success I would say

his color is not great; but at least she isn’t wearing another tent-like look

• Catherine Kallon September 13, 2018 at 18:54 #

agreed

• Caitlin September 14, 2018 at 00:25 #

Yes, Lupita looked incredible in this dress. I think the sleeved version is much better too.

3. brat September 13, 2018 at 16:35 #

She’s getting back to her old size and I for one am thrilled about it. Rave about body inclusivity all you want, she absolutely struggled to dress her bigger size. I’m looking forward to see her return to her best.

• Aubrey September 13, 2018 at 19:01 #

I find this comment to be extremely insensitive. You’re implying that she will look her best if she’s skinnier. We should be celebrating all types of bodies. I believe this is the body Rihanna was always meant to have and it’s gorgeous (and natural!!)

• James September 13, 2018 at 20:17 #

I don’t agree. Rihanna is a naturally slender woman but with some curves on and last year she had let herself go. She admitted it herself in Vogue magazine. Her real size is the one from Good Girl girl gone bad. My fave era of her is Unapologetic. She was smoking hot!

• Lyka September 13, 2018 at 20:48 #

She was 19 when Good Girl Gone Bad came out. Expecting her 30 year old body to look the same is nonsense. I agree with Aubrey.

But the outfit is meh regardless. The undergarments seem incongruous, and I found the sleeved version more sensual anyway.

• brat September 14, 2018 at 07:14 #

Aubrey I prefer her smaller frame and so does she which is why she is back in the gym working on a six pack. I said what I said. She did look best when she was skinnier. Her style was much better too.

Weep for the body she was “always meant to have” as she’s been steadily dropping the pounds and will be back to where I, and (she as well) would prefer her to be.
        As James so helpfully reminded us, she admitted to letting herself go and looked forward to getting back in shape.

And Caroline say what you like but don’t worry about what I have to say, as that is none of YOUR business.

• Caroline September 13, 2018 at 21:56 #

What is her size anyway? Rihanna might have spent many years eating salad and drinking to water to look that way, she entered a happy relationship and wasn’t touring or focusing on her career music-wise, perhaps she just chose to be happy instead of counting calories? That is NONE of your business and to say she looks better skinnier is minding someone else’s business. You could’ve simply stated that Rihanna was not choosing her outfits wisely and leave it at that.

• Caitlin September 14, 2018 at 00:24 #

Aubrey and Lyka, I don’t think brat is saying that Rihanna would look better if she were skinnier. Just that she has never been able to dress her new shape as well as she did her old one. I think this is fair.

4. meme September 13, 2018 at 16:01 #

That is one ugly color for an unflattering dress. But that face is perfection.