Menu

04.09.18

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Altuzarra & Deitas – The WellChild Awards

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Altuzarra - The WellChild Awards

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attended the WellChild awards at Royal Lancaster Hotel this evening (September 4) in London, with the Duke of Sussex, who has been patron of WellChild since 2007.

Following her black tuxedo dress from last week, the Duchess opted for black, again, wearing Altuzarra’s ‘Acacia’ blazer and ‘Serge’ trousers with a silk blouse by Deitas.

The look was styled with her favourite Aquazzura pumps and a Stella McCartney ‘Falabella Shaggy Deer’ bag.

For me it this is a case of be careful what you wish for. I wanted Meghan to shake things up, and it looks like she is. Just not in the way I expected.

As I said last week, she does look good, I would prefer that her looks didn’t feel so repetitive.

Credit: Getty

Doutzen Kroes In Vetements - Dua Lipa x Jaguar Press Conference

Doutzen Kroes In Vetements – Dua Lipa x Jaguar Press Conference

Natalie Portman In Gucci - ‘Vox Lux’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Natalie Portman In Gucci – ‘Vox Lux’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

36 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Altuzarra & Deitas – The WellChild Awards

1. Mattison September 6, 2018 at 01:39 #

As much as I want to cry out for a printed or jewel toned blouse, she really does look fantastic- as far as unofficial uniforms go, she could do a lot worse. Her skin/makeup is perfection! If she wants to stick to a neutral color palette, she’s definitely making up for it by how immaculate her face consistently looks. I’m waiting for her Big Moment, like Kate in that teal Packham in 2012. I just hope Meg’s Big Moment involves bright red lipstick, lol.

2. Nat123 September 5, 2018 at 20:35 #

It is an ok look. I think this type of outfit will be Meghan’s equivalent of Kate’s coat dresses and wedge shoes. Boring but it does the job.

3. Susie September 5, 2018 at 14:52 #

I like this, and think she looks much better in this type of look – sleek, modern, and unfussy – than some of the more “traditional” blush dresses she has worn in the past.

4. bisbee September 5, 2018 at 12:19 #

She looks lovely and appropriate. I’ve said before, I don’t expect her to dress so we can admire her bold taste or her color choice. I know many European royals do dress for the purpose of wowing us, but that is not really Meghan’s job, is it?

5. AnnaP September 5, 2018 at 11:15 #

This event was to shine a light on some of the most beautiful brave children in the land. Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex were both kind,compassionate and wonderful last night, bringing joy to these children.

The Duchess of Sussex dressed completely appropriately, so that the shine and spotlight was not on her colourful attire, but on the children. Saying that, what a beautiful suit: the cut and fit of the trousers was incredible. She looks so elegant in a trouser suit and her top and accessories were a perfect accompaniment.

I really appreciate such an appropriate, hard working, kind royal couple who are already doing such good things for this country.

• Miss H September 6, 2018 at 21:17 #

Well said!

6. Tsarah September 5, 2018 at 06:57 #

This is by far my most favorite look from Meghan. Its classy, it actually fits her from top to bottom. I am surprised to find that I am also okay with her hair too.

Yes, we may be bored with the color palette that she offers, but in this case, she presents it beautifully.

7. Jerusa Herrera September 5, 2018 at 02:36 #

OMG the drama that we see here every time MM is feature…

She looks like she’s going to the office here and that’s okay I guess. My only issue is the hair looks undone.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you FC for the incredible work on this blog, is highly appreciated!

8. Fee September 5, 2018 at 02:08 #

She was visiting sick children. I feel this is appropriate.

• yumey September 5, 2018 at 05:29 #

I agree, she looks lovely.

9. Caroline September 5, 2018 at 00:09 #

She looks fantastic.

10. J September 4, 2018 at 23:52 #

How many black pantsuits does she need? This is her third. Can’t she recycle them?

• CreoleLady September 5, 2018 at 03:35 #

How many blue suits does Harry need? Maybe he should try wide-legged, cropped and bootcut trousers to change things up a bit, like his wife.

11. JHH September 4, 2018 at 23:40 #

She looks terrific here. Frankly, I’d rather see her in black every day looking this good than in something like that awful blue and white dress that she wore to a wedding right after she got married or that blush dress by Goat.

12. Dhppy September 4, 2018 at 23:16 #

I wish she had worn her hair down and added a chic necklace, but still, she looks lovely.

13. Mimi September 4, 2018 at 22:26 #

She looks so classy and chic! I love the silk blouse. I want it.

14. brat September 4, 2018 at 22:11 #

She looks nice, nothing special. Black and suits might become her trademark, like boatnecks.

15. Fiona-Brasil September 4, 2018 at 22:06 #

That one is morphing into AJ.Her palette goes from black to black…Just saying…

16. Susannah September 4, 2018 at 22:01 #

I like this, it fits and she looks good in it. I think for the event it’s a good choice as the children and their families should really be the ones to shine.

17. justme September 4, 2018 at 21:40 #

The idea that a 90+ year old woman supposedly cares about what her granddaughter-in-law is wearing at a charity event she’s not even attending is hilarious to me. The so-called protocole connoisseurs don’t even try to be believable anymore.

Minus the black blouse, I like this look. A printed one would have been perfect here.

• AJ September 4, 2018 at 21:51 #

Thank you! It’s the non-royals who keep going on and on about “royal protocols” – the Queen is not at this event, so she can wear a power suit if she wants.

And enough about her only wearing black or dark colours, that’s her preference or aren’t people allowed that any more? Black is chic.

She is event appropriate and she looks comfortable and fine, end of.

• Catherine Kallon September 4, 2018 at 23:42 #

I am not sure where I say she is not allowed.

If you are going to quote me, please be factual.

I said I would like it if she mixed things up. I don’t think that is a harsh thing to say after two similar looks.

• Catherine Kallon September 4, 2018 at 23:43 #

I don’t claim to be a protocol connoisseur.

• SilentVisitor September 5, 2018 at 01:53 #

To be honest, I was very surprised by your statement below as well

“I think it’s safe to say that the power suit is now Meghan’s go to look, even if though it’s been said this is going against royal protocol, as the Queen prefers female royals in dresses or skirts rather than trouser suits.”

This website is the last place I would have expected to read such a statement. I am not from the U.K. so I might be wrong here but has the queen ever said trouser suits are against royal protocol?

The first amendment rules, but the mention of the royal protocol point was, I think, unnecessary.

Look like I should stay away from MM posts moving forward……..

She looks very classy and given the event I find it appropriate; I have no issue with black ( as Black/Navy/Grey are the colors I have to wear almost every day) but this look is now her go to look

• TeaAtTwo September 5, 2018 at 09:32 #

To be fair, whatever the source or validity of the protocol reference, Catherine wasn’t being critical of her ever wearing pants at formal royal duties in general merely trying to give some context.

• justme September 5, 2018 at 07:15 #

“even if though it’s been said this is going against royal protocol”
        I assumed that you were referring to the People article yesterday (and other articles) which claim that she’s going against royal protocol by wearing pantsuits. They are the ones I’m calling out for their alleged knowledge that can be debunked easily. Not you.

18. CreoleLady September 4, 2018 at 21:11 #

Black is beautiful. Love the power suit and the satin providing contrast. I will take it over a coat dress every time. I like Harry’s suit too, which I believe he has worn multiple times. Guess he is not telling her what to wear, smh.

• CreoleLady September 5, 2018 at 00:12 #

About the limited color palette, I too may get bored with black, navy and blush at some point. It has been only three months, though, too soon for me to be bored with the color palette when the silhouettes look this good. Still seems fresh and modern to me.

• ChelseaRucas September 5, 2018 at 01:22 #

Good point on Harry.

Catherine, why are you just commenting on Meghan and not Harry as well? He is usually accompanying her and it’s not like we exempt men from this blog.

• brat September 5, 2018 at 03:56 #

I’ve never seen her comment on William’s attire, just Kate. She is consistent.

19. TeaAtTwo September 4, 2018 at 21:10 #

It’s just OK, fine for the event. I’m not expecting JLo style glam but the British royals look so formal office worker at function. Plus, once again she’s not supporting UK fashion.

20. Charlotte September 4, 2018 at 21:07 #

I think she looks great and I’m glad to see a woman in this family wearing pants!
    It’s so ridiculous to see that a woman wearing pants it’s still something shocking in some circles.

21. Jess. September 4, 2018 at 21:07 #

That rumor about the Queen and trousers is simply false. Both Catherine and the Queen’s favorite (Countess Sophie) have worn trousers to official events, especially Sophie. She simply doesn’t get much coverage.

As for Meghan, I like her outfit. This will probably be her “uniform” (as Kate’s coat dresses), and it works for her. I just wish it wasn’t all black. The blouse and/or the shoes in a different color would’ve elevated this look quite a lot.

• Justiner September 5, 2018 at 07:38 #

Thank you. People keep repeating it, but it does not make it true. The Queen, Sophie, Camilla have all worn trousers to official events

22. Laura September 4, 2018 at 21:03 #

Elegant, stylish and event appropriate – not sure why that’s not enough? After all I don’t see anyone expecting Harry to switch it up and be more daring.

23. TinaL September 4, 2018 at 20:55 #

I like the look. Although it’s more on the safe side, she looks sleek and comfortable with trouser suits. The fit is good, the suits has NO wrinkle, the only problem for me is the strands of hair