Menu

08.03.18 Menswear, Premiere

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Two different premieres, and three handsome guys—here’s the latest in menswear.

Michael Fassbender: On Tuesday (March 6), Michael suited up in a Burberry three-piece ensemble for the ‘Tomb Raider’ London premiere, where he joined his wife Alicia Vikander. It was such a basic look in my book, so my feelings remain neutral.

David Oyelowo: ‘Basic’ would not even be in the vocabulary of this Kutula by Africana embroidered tunic look that offered such a stylishly suave mood for the ‘Gringo’ LA premiere on Tuesday (March 6). I especially love the royal richness of the colour palette here.

Joel Edgerton: We don’t often see brown corduroy suits on the red carpet, but Joel brought one to the ‘Gringo’ premiere, casually styling his Brunello Cucinelli suit with a denim shirt.

Credit: Getty

Front Row @ Dior Fall 2018

Front Row @ Dior Fall 2018

Andrea Riseborough In Elie Saab - 'The Death Of Stalin' LA Premiere

Andrea Riseborough In Elie Saab – ‘The Death Of Stalin’ LA Premiere

11 Responses to Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

1. CreoleLady March 8, 2018 at 10:42 am #

Ah, David Oyelowo, *swoons*. That jacket just made my day. Thank you, thank you for putting him front and center…

• Dorothy March 8, 2018 at 9:07 pm #

2. justme March 8, 2018 at 10:42 am #

David easily.

Michael fell all the way off. He was never a great dresser but he’s now slipped into retired philosophy teacher territory.

3. Nat39 March 8, 2018 at 8:32 am #

David stands up and above, although at this point I’m almost bored with the predictable color “purple”. It emerged as a popular color a couple of years ago already, yet it’s been declared (in “ultraviolet” version) as the color of the year now. Come on, fashion people, keep up, give us something fresh!

• Nat39 March 8, 2018 at 8:41 am #

..I mean, come on, Caleb with his most remarkable purple jacket look from last year, could give David a run for his money here..

4. Alina March 8, 2018 at 6:48 am #

David, without a doubt.

• TeaAtTwo March 8, 2018 at 11:57 am #

5. Shruti March 8, 2018 at 5:27 am #

David’s jacket has moved me to drop a comment in a menswear post!! Absolutely stunning. I wish there was a close up of his jacket, it is a stunning piece of work. I wonder if its hand made.

6. Maya March 8, 2018 at 3:32 am #

David looks amazing! He has great style, I still remember some of the stuff he wore during the Queen of Katwe press tour even though I don’t usually have the best memory for menswear.

7. elentarigirl March 8, 2018 at 3:31 am #

Michael Fassbender’s red carpet ‘style’ annoys me to no end. He is one of the dullest dressed actor ever and especially with his perfect figure that could pull off anything it’s such a shame. Apparently according to a fan page he’s worn this same ensemble since X Men First Class which isn’t any surprise. He’s always dressed middle aged which he is getting to soon and is starting to look like in the face. There -_-

The other two are showing what I don’t like about the layering in men’s outfits. David Oyelowo’s tunic is beautiful but I don’t like the buttoned up shirt showing underneath. With Joel first of all I don’t like the suit but even then it would’ve looked better imo with just the denim shirt underneath and without the white shirt beneath it. I want them to leave their necklines bare like when female celebs wear suit/tuxes 🙂

8. EmmaWoodhouse March 8, 2018 at 3:15 am #

Love David here. Not so much the other two.