Menu

08.03.18

2018 Oscars Fashion Critics’ Roundup

#MDNAmeetsKKW

#MDNAmeetsKKW

Which Was Your Favourite Margot Robbie Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Margot Robbie Awards Season Look?

31 Responses to 2018 Oscars Fashion Critics’ Roundup

1. Noemi March 9, 2018 at 5:47 pm #

I dislike so much Timothée Chalamet’s outfit, too! The suit is fine but those heavy boots that were supposed to give him a cool look are nonsense.

2. EmmaWoodhouse March 9, 2018 at 4:35 pm #

Greatly enjoyed your perspective, as always, and appreciate the love for Zendaya!!!

3. Ale March 9, 2018 at 4:10 pm #

As always, great roundup. I would change two things: I would put Gal Gadot in place of Sandra Bullock and add Samara Weaving to the “Best Use of Colour” award.

• Camille March 9, 2018 at 4:48 pm #

I agree about Gal Gadot, definitely prefer over Sandra Bullock. Samara Weaving’s color was delicious but can’t compete with that vivid pop of yellow and the sexiness of the look. I mean, wow!

4. sam March 9, 2018 at 3:03 pm #

the most disappointing award should have gone to emma stone. her oscar look and her vanity fair look were both horrible and underwhelming.

5. fromchi-town March 9, 2018 at 2:28 pm #

I agree with almost all of these except for Saoirse. I hated that look… it was definitely not pretty in pink for me! Nicole is the one to beat for the top spot this year.

Thank you FC and team for another incredible awards season coverage.

• Catherine Kallon March 9, 2018 at 3:10 pm #

Our pleasure..thank you x

6. Marie March 9, 2018 at 12:35 pm #

I was pretty underwhelmed with this years Oscars, fashion-wise. Nobody really left me in awe and I’m actually shocked people love Nicole’s look so much, I think the fabric was awful, hair and make-up terrible and the cut nothing to get excited about. And when Zendaya was on stage, I was wondering who this person is and what they did to the Zendaya who wore that amazing butterfly-gown!
    But either way, your coverage was amazing as ever and I’m thankful for the opportunity to revise all the looks one more time!

7. Leandra March 9, 2018 at 10:40 am #

I’m more inclined to the subdued elegance of Zendaya’s presentation than to the exuberance of Jennifer Garner’s, naturally having in mind the completely opposite reasons of their choices. I think working the so-called difficult colours show a certain level of maturity in the art of dressing.
    I’m glad that Nicole was back with a bang, and what a bang, more like a fanfare!

8. TeaAtTwo March 9, 2018 at 10:16 am #

Thanks Catherine, to you and the other writers for excellent coverage.

• TeaAtTwo March 9, 2018 at 11:06 am #

I lost high expectations for Oscar dressing a while ago so I’m pleased knocked me out of my ennui. To same kind of thinking I liked that Andra went a bit left field with her look. Zendaya I liked the refined elegance in the subtle colour with the interesting sleeve neckline. Timothee, I kept picturing with a bowler hat and mascara.

• Catherine Kallon March 9, 2018 at 11:43 am #

Thank you. Its always challenging, but a lot of fun x

9. Zainab March 9, 2018 at 7:55 am #

What happened to Timothee? He went from an avant-garde and a red carpet fashionista to meh right when we needed him on award season.

10. Amanda F March 9, 2018 at 4:31 am #

Hey girl…no – Best Caption Award

11. Nat39 March 9, 2018 at 4:02 am #

Nicole got this one, hands down, it wasn’t even a question, the one to beat this year so far, and no question Chadwick got it in menswear. And I loved Viola’s pink look too:)
    Most disappointing for me was Emma Stone.

12. eng-narka March 9, 2018 at 3:59 am #

Total agree with U

13. Giras March 9, 2018 at 2:52 am #

Totally agree with the award for Nicole. To be honest, I feel like I wanna fast forward to Cannes right now, because I’m dead already, still in fashion heaven. So, Cannes would be the best place to find a look that could top this and give me similar earth-shattering goosebumps. But then again, this look is timeless. Iconic. Must be hard to top this in my BDOTY list.

14. ala March 9, 2018 at 2:37 am #

Thank you + the team for another amazing coverage!! I’m reallyyy missing Emily Blunt on here. I squealed and had chills when I saw her… definitely one of the best dressed of the night <3

• Catherine Kallon March 9, 2018 at 9:03 am #

Damn, I did do one for Emily, but didn’t add it. I have updated the post

15. JHH March 9, 2018 at 2:09 am #

You are not the only one with Timothee. I love these roundups. I have to say that Zendaya’s dress is growing on me. And the “Hey Girl … No Award” is so well named.

• Nat39 March 9, 2018 at 3:32 am #

I didn’t like Timothee at all either hehe..the shortness of the pants, the cut, those jarring boots, hell I didn’t even like the hair…not a flattering look for him.

• Pheephee March 9, 2018 at 6:37 am #

Yes! Definitely not the only one who hated Timothees look…It was a fail.

16. Fee March 9, 2018 at 1:47 am #

Totally agree Nicole Kidman was QUEEN and Zendaya was in my top 3, totally underrated.

• Catherine Kallon March 9, 2018 at 11:44 am #

Yeah, I was expecting a bigger explosion of love for Zendaya, but it never came 🙁

17. Jessica March 9, 2018 at 1:20 am #

As always I love your awards FC! The only ones I didn’t agree with were Jennifer Garner (looked very dated to me) and JLaw (she is trying too hard atm!) Would have loved to see Laura Dern get some love as I thought she looked fabulous but you can’t fit everyone in!!

• Catherine Kallon March 9, 2018 at 11:45 am #

I guess I am just an old fashioned girl 😀

Jennifer blew me away.

18. Tiger Nueng March 9, 2018 at 1:10 am #

Wow! Queen Nicole Kidman on top form

19. VG March 9, 2018 at 12:22 am #

Love it FC!

And I agree with all of these except for Timothee (I loved it) and JLaw (I hated it).

Thank you again for such brilliant coverage! Bring on the MET Gala!! (and then Cannes…on my!)

• Catherine Kallon March 9, 2018 at 11:45 am #

Thanks. I’m always intrigued by reactions to different looks. especially when so extreme

• Lolly. March 9, 2018 at 4:03 pm #

Same with Timothée. I may be one of the few who actually loved it!

What does “PB” means?

• JHH March 9, 2018 at 5:02 pm #

I asked this question a few weeks ago so I will pass along the answer. PB = Personal Best.