Menu

22.12.17 Best Of

Model Of The Year 2017 – Lily Aldridge

Models have become infamous for taking the less-is-more route when it comes to fashion—as their brand of minimalism is maximum exposure.

That’s why we love our Model of the Year Lily Aldridge for showing that there is far more to style than just skin.

The stunning brunette, who just wrapped up the year walking her ninth Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, is both a runway and red-carpet veteran.

And, she has never looked more elegant.

No matter if she’s suited up in Ralph Lauren, or upholding classic black-gown glamour in Alex Perry, or captivating in crimson-red Zac Posen, she brings a sense of classic seduction that’s far more sensual than any see-through or skin-baring look.

It was her green J. Mendel pleated cape gown, though, that resonated as one of her most breathtaking moments of the year. Would you agree?

Credit: Getty

Designer of the Year & Couturier of the Year - Ralph & Russo Couture

Designer of the Year & Couturier of the Year – Ralph & Russo Couture

Entertainer of the Year & Street Style Star of 2017 - Celine Dion

Entertainer of the Year & Street Style Star of 2017 – Celine Dion

20 Responses to Model Of The Year 2017 – Lily Aldridge

1. Amy December 27, 2017 at 2:06 pm #

I like Lily’s style. She’s a bonafide fashion girl , she actually picks great pieces instead of always going the uber sexy road like most models.

2. kelly December 24, 2017 at 1:58 am #

Unpopular opinion but I think I voted for Bella Hadid in this category. Idk, there’s something about Bella I like! She’s everything a model should be – young, sexy, irreverent, globetrotting.

Lily is such a bore to me. I always think she’s about a decade older than she is. She’s never really been a standout model in my mind, kind of a second tier VS girl. I’m surprised that she’s having a renaissance at this point in her career.

• Mimi December 24, 2017 at 3:07 am #

I love Bella!! Idk why she gets so much hate.

• Leandra December 24, 2017 at 11:13 am #

Honestly, it depends on your age. If you belong to millennials I understand your feelings. If you are a bit older like myself and had the opportunity to watch the greatest of the models at work you would understand that Bella lacks a lot. She certainly has a great body and a beautiful face but she doesn’t transpire any feelings. It’s the blank stare and the dead eye that bother us the most. The same for her sister. It’s not proper hate. It’s indifference.

3. Christine December 23, 2017 at 10:17 pm #

Happy that it was none of the Hadid girls.

Her green J.Mendel made take a notice to her style.

4. Caroline December 23, 2017 at 3:41 pm #

My choice.

• Fiona-Brasil December 23, 2017 at 4:03 pm #

+ 1

5. Caroline December 23, 2017 at 3:20 pm #

My choice. The best dressed model out of all of them. Loved her Met Gala look and her purple vintage Galliano too. She’s perfection.

6. JHH December 23, 2017 at 2:49 pm #

My BDOTY is Lily in the J. Mendel. That was breathtaking. She had a great year fashion wise.

7. Leandra December 23, 2017 at 1:49 pm #

I’m glad that nepotism didn’t stand a chance this time around.

• Iva December 23, 2017 at 9:26 pm #

So you think Lily doesn’t fir the ‘nepotism’ category?
      With her dad, brother and some other members of her family?
      Just curious how you define ‘nepotism’.

I find her very beautiful, with rather elegant style, regardless of nepotism or not.

My model of the year was Jourdan Dunn.

• kelly December 24, 2017 at 1:55 am #

lol mte. As a child, Lily was flower girl in kristen mcmenamy’s wedding.

• Leandra December 24, 2017 at 11:20 am #

Did you see her parents acting almost like “pimps” like the Hadid and Jenner? I didn’t.
        Even Jerry Hall who is 1000 times more famous than that duo, doesn’t push that much the career of her daughter who, by the way, is a much better model than Jenners and Hadids.

8. Alina December 23, 2017 at 10:56 am #

I agree.

9. VG December 23, 2017 at 3:44 am #

Great choice!! She’s a breath of fresh amongst all those other models who think wearing a sheer piece of fabric is “fashion”.

10. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2017 at 12:31 am #

Yes, she was my pick! That green J. Mendel is a gift.

11. Francesca December 23, 2017 at 12:15 am #

She’s my best dressed of the year in J. Mendel. I think the whole look is perfection.

• Dorothy December 23, 2017 at 2:01 am #

Yes! Her entire look was flawless. As soon as I saw her, I knew she would be my BTOTY.

• Francesca December 23, 2017 at 9:02 am #

I love it everytime I see it! It’s also due to the fortunate combination of the colour of the dress and the colour of the background in my opinion.

12. Pheephee December 22, 2017 at 11:34 pm #

She had a really good year. Lovely looks. And yes, that green one was just stunning!