Menu

December 1, 2017

Newly-engaged Meghan Markle and Prince Harry attended their first official royal engagement together in Nottingham, England earlier today (December 1).

Beginning the day at the National Justice Museum, they then attended the World Aids Day event at the Nottingham Contemporary before their final stop at the Nottingham Academy.

Despite the vile comments in the Daily Mail, it’s very clear that the crowds that had gathered have already taken Meghan to their hearts.

Braving the cold, the former actress was dressed in a Wolford ‘Portland’ turtleneck styled with an asymmetrical Joseph skirt and Mackage wool coat which showcased sophisticated minimalism with contemporary appeal.

I really found her accessories interesting, firstly the Strathberry tote, mostly because we’re used to seeing the Duchess carry a clutch or nothing at all; and the slouchy Kurt Geiger ‘Violet’ boots which I covet.

I love how they opted for matching blue coats.

Joseph Laurel frayed cotton and silk-blend twill skirtNET-A-PORTER, MATCHESFASHION.COM & farfetch.com
Strathberry Midi ToteExclusive to Saks.com
Kurt Geiger Violet Boots

Credit: Getty

Taraji P. Henson In Schiaparelli Couture - Billboard Women In Music 2017

Taraji P. Henson In Schiaparelli Couture – Billboard Women In Music 2017

mothers2mothers Winter Fundraiser

mothers2mothers Winter Fundraiser

29 Responses to Meghan Markle wore Mackage, Wolford & Joseph for her first official Royal engagement

1. Ahot December 3, 2017 at 4:30 pm #

A slam dunk for Meghan Markle. I love the repeat coat, the whole look. It´s cute how matchy matchy they were. It´s well done!

2. fashionjudgment December 3, 2017 at 1:13 pm #

To be completely honest, I’m not in love with the look. I don’t really like the coat, the only reason why I don’t hate it is the fact that it’s matching the one of Prince Harry. Her bag is also not my favourite. I saw photos of her sans the coat and then I was a lot more positive about the look. I love the skirt with the shoes. Decent enough.

3. moonbeam December 2, 2017 at 10:30 pm #

They look good together. I love the boots and the coat. Her look is modern, chic and prim, yet not aging. Good balance.

4. CreoleLady December 1, 2017 at 10:39 pm #

J’adore, h2t. Those boots, tho…! Work your fabulousness and that handbag. I carry a bag like that (top handle with strap for over the shohlder) every day to work. And she is at work after all. Her fiance isn’t too shabby either. They look great together.

5. AnderBoBo December 1, 2017 at 7:49 pm #

She looks fresh and absolutely beautiful! I’m looking forward to seeing more of her style and am hoping that she is able to be a bit more relaxed and less stuffy than some other royals.

6. Giada December 1, 2017 at 4:55 pm #

I really like this look. It’s smart yet modern.

7. Nath December 1, 2017 at 4:27 pm #

I find the purse out of place. Too big to be carrying around and dispute the attention to what she was doing there. I can only look at that big purse. Besides that, her outift was ok. At least, not aging like Catherine does. However, I am looking forward to see what her style will be once she get used to engagements.

• SD-USA December 1, 2017 at 4:41 pm #

If a purse is good enough for Her Majesty, its fine for Meghan…

8. Fiona-Brasil December 1, 2017 at 3:24 pm #

They coordinate outfits and they both look great!She is always very modern and appropriate, kudos to her!

• SilentVisitor December 1, 2017 at 3:58 pm #

I don’t understand the hate she seems to get online. What has she done to people? I just don’t get it!!

She looks great really!!! I actually love her bag and coat

• Leandra December 1, 2017 at 5:23 pm #

Half because she is mixed race. The other half is pure envy. Easy.

• JHH December 1, 2017 at 8:00 pm #

Exactly.

9. Pheephee December 1, 2017 at 3:12 pm #

Its fine for a cold day. They look professional. Harry looks hot as usual.

10. lmkw December 1, 2017 at 3:09 pm #

Lovely. I’m anxious to see how her style evolves as a member of the royal family. Hopefully she will remain true to herself. I’ve loved her style in the past.

11. meme December 1, 2017 at 2:29 pm #

She looks amazing. I covet everything she’s wearing especially that coat. I love these two.

• Caroline December 1, 2017 at 2:47 pm #

12. SD-USA December 1, 2017 at 2:22 pm #

Rest assured, Americans are very interested in this story and are watching closely to see how the British people respond to Meghan.

So far, some of the media coverage and commentary has been very disheartening to say the least.

I’m 100% with Catherine, for her first walkabout, Meghan knocked it out the park. Love the sophisticated minimalism and contemporary feel of this look. And carrying a handbag from a lesser known Scottish designer was a very smart move.

And those boots! Has anyone identified them yet?

• Catherine Kallon December 1, 2017 at 9:38 pm #

they are Kurt Geiger. link above

13. Leandra December 1, 2017 at 1:00 pm #

Oh the Daily Fail, what could we expect from them?
    She looks very chic indeed. She seems to be a lovely woman.

• AnnaP December 1, 2017 at 1:04 pm #

14. Ann December 1, 2017 at 12:46 pm #

Ms. Markle clearly got her inspiration from Duchess Kate.

15. Maria F. December 1, 2017 at 12:40 pm #

i love the outfit, but the tote. It is very chic, but too large for a walkabout. I think most international royal ladies thus prefer cluthes or smaller handbags.

16. Alina December 1, 2017 at 12:24 pm #

Yes, coats can be incredibly chic and modern!

In love with this outfit! I would wear it from h2t in a heartbeat!

17. AnnaP December 1, 2017 at 12:24 pm #

I’m glad you mentioned the vile comments in the Daily Mail. It’s sad such people exist really – I see a lot of Trump supporters from the US on there.

As for the outfit, really beautiful and sophisticated, and I love the colour co-ordination of the couple’s outfits. She is stunning.

• meme December 1, 2017 at 3:53 pm #

Most of the posters on the DM are vile. I think Meghan is going to be VERY popular because she’s vivacious and outgoing. More popular than Kate.

• kat December 1, 2017 at 4:38 pm #

Never read the comment section on the Daily Fail unless you want to lose hope in humanity.

• Leandra December 1, 2017 at 5:28 pm #

I read them every single day. It’s like an addiction. Just to feel relieved that I totally disagree with them on just about everything.
        My husband even blocked the site in our computers, because he thinks it’s toxic.

• AnderBoBo December 1, 2017 at 7:48 pm #

the DM will skew every article one way or another I think just to keep people fighting

• Dhppy December 30, 2017 at 2:19 am #

I used to go to the Daily Mail for their photos, especially of the Royals, but after their blatantly racist coverage of Ms. Markle, I’ve vowed never to click a link of theirs again.