Menu

May 19, 2017 Photocall

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Posted by Catherine Kallon

I know Jessica Chastain and Fan Bingbing are the official ones-to-watch during Cannes festival, but I would add Tilda Swinton to that list too.

The actress joined co-star Lily Collins for the ‘Okja’ photocall this afternoon (May 19) wearing Haider Ackermann.

This is how you dress your muse. Others should take note.

Tailored to the chicest proportions with a nipped-in waist, this serves as a timeless, yet modern and sophisticated take on suiting.

The colour is so fresh, the style is so elegant that I’m beyond excited to see her look for this evening.

Dior shades and cream pumps completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Lily Collins In Johanna Ortiz - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Lily Collins In Johanna Ortiz – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Chopard x Rihanna Dinner Party

Chopard x Rihanna Dinner Party

53 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

She is so consistent, always chooses the perfect tailored pieces that suits her so well. I really like this.

2. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

This suit fits her like a glove,the color is so fresh and exudes summery fumes. She looked so cool and badass with those killer frames.
    and yes,this is how you should dress your muse,I hope Nicolas Ghesquiere is taking notes right now.
    With lily and Tilda both on the red carpet tonight, Tomorrow’s best dressed poll will be very interesting.

3. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

4. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

I really like the colour on her and the fit and cut of the jacket are exquisite

5. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

I like this, much better than the white gown she wore. This color is spectacular on her whereas in white she looks like death warmed over to me. Those shoes though, a true missed opportunity. I see a pair of Sophia Websters taking this to another level

6. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

This is so boring

7. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

(Btw, I just saw on Instagram that Aishwarya is in Cannes and has already worn two gowns for her L’Oreal duties today. Thought you might be interested, FC. ;))

8. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

9. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

This is fresh, elegant, age appropriate yet modern. I love the color!!!
    I have high expectations from her tonight! I really hope she can be the first to make me love a look at this year’s Cannes…

10. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

+1,Exactly darling.

11. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

I know she sucks the life out of every garment she wears

12. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

I know she sucks the life out of every garment she wears

13. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

You know it’s funny , I love this on her and think the minimalist styling stops it from being mumsy but had the DOC worn this I would have hated it

14. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

I love this on her.

15. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

Girlfriend , are you crazy ? He MADE Chanel. He’s so loved there that the owners said they will sell the house when he leaves.
    Although I esteem your opinion, I think it can’t be that bad when they sell almost 2 billion €/ year in clothes alone. 🙂

16. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

17. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

Karl is a legend and everything he creates at Chanel is a masterpiece (despite what people say) but he has to be replaced eventually and Haider replacing him is making me salivate! That what be amazing! He truly is one of my favourite designers!

18. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

This exquisite tailoring and more formal silhouette seems to confirm the rumors mr Ackerman is heading to Chanel. This outing is like a ” trying the waters” IMO.

19. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

It is at first glance but look at the skirt from the side and the corseting of the jacket. If the skirt had been simple A line and the jacket not as interesting it definitely would have been in Hobbs territory .

20. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

I see what you mean. Thank you for pointing out the details. I think they’re exquisite, really, I still feel something could be more daring in this look, considering it is Tilda, and it is Cannes.

21. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

This is so not her. Boring. She is capable of much more daring and fun looks than this. This is just too Queen Elizabeth.

22. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

23. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

Quintessential Tilda.

I’m hoping to be wowed by her choice tonight.

24. Guest April 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

Love this.

25. Christine May 22, 2017 at 3:51 am #

This is so boring

26. CreoleLady May 19, 2017 at 11:05 pm #

27. TeaAtTwo May 19, 2017 at 5:48 pm #

I really like the colour on her and the fit and cut of the jacket are exquisite

28. charlotte May 19, 2017 at 2:25 pm #

29. Ale May 19, 2017 at 2:18 pm #

30. Leandra May 19, 2017 at 2:15 pm #

• charlotte May 19, 2017 at 2:27 pm #

what? Dose that mean he will replace Karl as the creative director?

• Andrea May 19, 2017 at 2:46 pm #

Karl is not getting younger, sooner or later someone would have to replace him. According to published reports Chanel presented its Resort collection in Paris due to Karl’s health.

• Leandra May 19, 2017 at 3:12 pm #

I thought the show was in Paris because the Minister of Commerce ( ?) had suggested that big houses like Chanel ; LV ; Dior would make more of a favour to the city( economically ) if they show there. Given the other 2 chose not to follow it you probably are in the right. I hope not, I love Karl. BUT, at the finale of the Fendi couture show in Rome he was looking so frail I started to worry.

• meme May 19, 2017 at 5:36 pm #

Oh please let it be so. Lagerfeld has ruined Chanel.

• Leandra May 19, 2017 at 5:57 pm #

• LeeAnn May 19, 2017 at 4:51 pm #

I wish he had gone to Dior. The jacket is such a nice riff on the bar jacket.

• Leandra May 19, 2017 at 5:16 pm #

You’re right. I thought exactly the same.

• VG May 19, 2017 at 11:38 pm #

31. Caroline May 19, 2017 at 2:08 pm #

I love this on her.

32. LeeAnn May 19, 2017 at 1:59 pm #

• Leandra May 19, 2017 at 2:12 pm #

That’s because the duchess doesn’t have one tenth of this woman’s chutzpah…

• charlotte May 19, 2017 at 2:17 pm #

+1,Exactly darling.

• Leeann May 19, 2017 at 4:49 pm #

I know she sucks the life out of every garment she wears

33. anonymous as always May 19, 2017 at 1:46 pm #

This is fresh, elegant, age appropriate yet modern. I love the color!!!

34. Chris May 19, 2017 at 1:41 pm #

35. Chris May 19, 2017 at 1:37 pm #

Love this.

36. Alina May 19, 2017 at 1:34 pm #

Quintessential Tilda.

I’m hoping to be wowed by her choice tonight.

37. Robert May 19, 2017 at 1:31 pm #

• Hermoine May 19, 2017 at 1:45 pm #

Exactly what I was thinking, very mumsy. Ladies who lunch???

• JHH May 19, 2017 at 3:36 pm #

I agree. This is very mumsy. I want to like but ultimately, it’s jut so boring other than the color. And of all things, I can’t get with the sleeves. They should be a bit shorter — this always the challenge with bracelet sleeves. They can look like too short long sleeves and that is the case here.

• Schoolbea May 19, 2017 at 3:47 pm #