Menu

November 6, 2015

2015 Guggenheim International Gala Dinner

2015 Guggenheim International Gala Dinner

Following the pre-party, Dior hosted the 2015 Guggenheim International Gala Dinner held at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum on Thursday (November 5) in New York City.

Dakota Johnson: The actress blew me away in her Christian Dior gown. From the silver sequins to the silk skirt this look screams elegance. Factor in the bold red lip and elegant styling and I’m left in awe. This does make me wonder why Dior’s main ambassador is on a major movie promo tour yet doesn’tĀ select looks half as good as this.

Emily Blunt: The British actress was also a vision in Dior thanks to the radiant hue of her red v-neck gown. Dior Fine Jewelry provided the finishing touch.

2015 Guggenheim International Gala Dinner 2

Kiernan Shipka: Continuing her love affair with Dior, the actress was looking quite grown up in her beige silk lace knit dress. The whimsy look was styled with Dior Fine Jewelry and a Dior clutch.

Leelee Sobieski: Usually one to opt for overwhelming silhouettes, the actress went for structure on this occasion wearing a Dior Fall 2015 Couture embroidered printed silk chiffon and wool crepe dress with exaggerated hips. A Dior Timepieces ‘La D de Dior Precieuses’ watch, gold Dior shoes and a Dior bag rounded out her look.

Who was your favourite of this quartet?

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace - 'By the Sea' AFI FEST 2015 Opening Night Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘By the Sea’ AFI FEST 2015 Opening Night Premiere

Camilla Belle In Ralph Lauren - Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration

Camilla Belle In Ralph Lauren – Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration

32 Responses to 2015 Guggenheim International Gala Dinner

1. Ericka November 14, 2015 at 5:32 am #

Leelee nails it here as she always does in Dior. Interesting, fresh and selling it well without a whiff of try too hard (if one believes such a thing exists).

She should be their brand ambassador for life. She understands Dior and her body and style SO well.

2. Noemi November 7, 2015 at 10:38 am #

Dakota Johnson looks perfect from head to toe, so classy and glamorous, she would be a perfect ambassador for Dior! Why Jennifer Lawrence chose the worse and most unflattering gowns from the French house?

3. lah November 7, 2015 at 6:16 am #

i like dakota’s look…don’t really think she needed the necklace though.

4. Gemma Rockets November 7, 2015 at 12:19 am #

Dakota looks jaw droppingly elegant and gorgeous. As much as I adore Jennifer Lawrence, she’s not the best match for Dior. I’ve been thinking Dakota would be a better brand ambassador ever since she came onto the scene- she just has ‘it.’

I also love Leelee here- she wears Raf’s designs so well.

5. pinksugar November 6, 2015 at 11:40 pm #

Emily looks lovely but could have used a little jazzing up via some accessorizing.

Love Dakota’s gown. My favorite thing about her is that you never know what she is going to wear next.

Riley Keough was actually my favorite from this event, too bad she wasn’t featured.

6. Bailey November 6, 2015 at 10:10 pm #

Beautiful and simple choice for Emily and I love it

7. marie November 6, 2015 at 9:21 pm #

Dakota and Emily both look amazing, but if I had to chose I would go for Emily.
    Not because her dress is better, but her styling and confidence. There are a big lot of beautiful, simple red dresses, but she gives so much life and personality to this look, it’s amazing…
    And I also like Kiernan’s dress very much, but the hair&make-up are horrendous, as though she goes as her grandma for Halloween…

8. Carla November 6, 2015 at 8:55 pm #

Leelee does Dior like no other; if she were a bigger name she’d be their permanent brand ambassador. I also like each of the others, but as a whole that looks like the work of at least 3 different minds, not a single brand. Are they all from the same season?

9. Phoenix November 6, 2015 at 8:49 pm #

The only one tolerable to me is Dakota…surprisingly. Ok dress and like the hair. The others are a big no. Esp Kiernan who looks way too mature.

10. Eni November 6, 2015 at 7:12 pm #

Dakota BDOTW!! In love with her look.

11. delphine November 6, 2015 at 5:24 pm #

Beautiful Dior dresses, finally ! Take note JLaw. They all look very chic and sophisticated, bravo.

12. jhh36 November 6, 2015 at 5:17 pm #

Dakota’s dress is boring. Emily’s is lovely but forgettable. Kieran’s dress is actually nice on her but the makeup is not great. When you are as young as Kieran is you can wear little house on the prairie looking things without it aging you, but her makeup is not great. Actually, the best of the bunch here is Leelee. The shoes and the bag are just great with her dress.

13. MatBer November 6, 2015 at 4:51 pm #

Dakota BDOTW

14. Rebecca Z November 6, 2015 at 4:03 pm #

Emily looks gorgeous, and I really like Leelee’s look–not for everyone, but perfect for her. I think that both Dakota and Kiernan’s looks are very aging, so I am not a fan there. Kiernan’s dress is way too old for her and the hair and makeup are aging. Dakota’s dress and hairstyle are just matronly. Where’s the youthful joy? Her Gucci look from earlier this week was much more attractive and flattering.

15. Bambi November 6, 2015 at 3:25 pm #

I am in love with Dakota here – she is incredibly interesting on the red carpet and I am really enjoying discovering her style.

16. Anne November 6, 2015 at 3:09 pm #

Dakota and Emily have themselves winning looks. Lovely. Not a stitch of try

17. Christine November 6, 2015 at 3:04 pm #

Love Dakota and Leelee’s look!

18. claire November 6, 2015 at 2:29 pm #

Love Dakota and Emily!! But I equally love Jennifer’s purple gown!!

19. Yeliz November 6, 2015 at 2:21 pm #

Wow, Dakota looks absolutely stunning. This is simple elegance at its finest. I love the contrast with the lip colour. She is a strong BDOTW contender, imo.
    Emily looks great too.

20. james November 6, 2015 at 2:17 pm #

I am just happy Emily decided to go back to a more natural hair color (the one from The Devil wears Prada remains my fave). Blonde does suit everyone. Dakota looks the best she has ever looked as far as I am concerned since I have rarely liked anything she has worn, BDOTW contender for me. I don’t like Kieran’s looks, she is only 17 why is she dressed like a mature woman and her make up and hair are a fail.

• dressaddict November 6, 2015 at 2:28 pm #

Actually she is 15 šŸ˜‰

• james November 6, 2015 at 3:39 pm #

Yikes lol! Even worse :-p

21. Caroline November 6, 2015 at 1:49 pm #

I am IN LOVE with Dakota Johnson and Emily Blunt here. They both look incredibly glamorous and elegant from head to toe. I also like Kiernan here but not as much as the other two.

22. Jenny November 6, 2015 at 12:58 pm #

I like the overall look on dakota but not the gown, The emphasis was on the face with the red lip and in contrast it worked.

Emily blunt look great in the color I thought it was calvin klein collection.

23. Alina November 6, 2015 at 12:56 pm #

Dakota’s dress is beautiful and she wears it well, but I do wish the makeup had been a little less dramatic.

Red looks amazing on Emily. Plus I’m glad she’s back to a darker hair colour.

Kiernan looks lovely in her floor-length dress, but her makeup doesn’t seem right.

24. kane November 6, 2015 at 12:55 pm #

Hmmm, if anything it makes me wonder why Dior has the ambassador they are having. JLaw would wear this quite differently.

For two of my fashion crushes I will note this event down as a miss: Emily’s dress is perfectly fine, but a bit too plain and in view of many other great red gowns recently just doesn’t cut it. There is also something off about Kiernan’s look. I suspect it’s the make up that insists on giving her face the same, if shiny shade of her dress. Not very fortunate.

25. Marcel November 6, 2015 at 12:53 pm #

I wondered exactly the same when I saw Emily and Dakota : How Jeniffer Lawrence and her team couldn’t find a dress that looked this good for the premiere ?
    I like all of them to be honest. but Emily wins.

26. Peter November 6, 2015 at 12:52 pm #

Wow… Red one is beautiful! I’m big fan of your posts. šŸ™‚

27. Amy November 6, 2015 at 12:44 pm #

Dakota looks flawless. ditto on the Jlaw comparison. clear favorite
    Emily: nice dress.
    It’s a rare thing for me to say but I dislike Kiernan’s dress. It does nothing for her and we’ve seen it so many times.
    Leelee looks okay

• Meme November 6, 2015 at 1:01 pm #

Dakota and Emily look fabulous and both these dresses are far better than what they are putting on Jennifer. I hate Kiernan’s look; it’s a rare miss for her. Don’t like the last dress either.

• Khari November 6, 2015 at 10:03 pm #

EXACTLY WHAT I’VE BEEN THINKING!! Jen is supposed to be their million-dollar contract Dior ambassador yet they give her the bleh pieces and give someone like Dakota the most spectacular pieces. Dakota has been killing it in Dior at the show, in the black dress, here but where’s Jennifer?

• J.E November 12, 2015 at 10:05 am #

I think Jen should fire her stylist! Dior isn’t forcing her to wear what she’s wearing on the red carpet. She just picks the wrong (worst) outfits.
          Dakota chose better!