Menu

27.10.15

2015 InStyle Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2015 InStyle Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Many more beauties (and one token lad) joined the mix at the 2015 InStyle Awards, held at the Getty Center in Los Angeles, California on Monday (October 26).

Miranda Kerr: Unfortunately, the flirty spirit of the supermodel’s Ulyana Sergeenko mermaid-inspired design was compromised by the unusual bodice and faux cutouts with white seam lines that turned the top half into something of an ice-skating costume. Jimmy Choo metallic sandals and a fun topknot rounded out the look.

Michelle Williams
: Channeling her inner rocker girl, Michelle donned an edgy Louis Vuitton ensemble that brought leather, laces studs, and embellishment to the party. Rather than opt for a black sandal, she kept the tough-chic theme going strong with her shoe-boots, messy hair and kohl-rimmed eye makeup. It may have been a bit much, but it all certainly translated more effectively than Selena Gomez’s Louis Vuitton effort.

Alessandra Ambrosio
: While Alessandra’s skin-baring side cutouts were real instead of illusion-lined, this Alexandre Vauthier Couture white plunge gown was just more of the same from the supermodel who never met a cutout she didn’t like. A Lee Savage clutch completed her typically sexy look.

2015 InStyle Awards Red Carpet Roundup 2

Alexandra Daddario: A patchwork, multi-patterned gown such as this Diane Von Furstenberg design really needs a sleeker, pulled-back hairstyle to elevate it into more sophisticated territory. Plus, it would have been a lovely way to even more strongly draw attention to her great fuchsia lip.

Halston Sage
: The young starlet wore a Giambattista Valli dress that brought a sexy edge to the spirited quirk of the dimensional lips and ladybugs. But the top would have fared just as well had it not been sheer.

Kim Kardashian: Relying on a familiar cape-style silhouette that we’ve seen before, Kim outfitted her burgeoning belly in this Valentino gown. While it was a bit too tight for comfort, I do wish she had maintained its sleek minimalistic nature by skipping that choker necklace.

2015 InStyle Awards Red Carpet Roundup 3

Dakota Johnson: Putting her best androgynous foot forward, the actress suited up in a Louis Vuitton double-breasted jacket and trousers. I didn’t favour her messy hair styling on this occasion as it seemed a mere afterthought to the tailored ensemble.

Odeya Rush
: Her Fausto Puglisi Resort 2016 tiered ruffle dress in the label’s signature chain-link print was complemented by Brian Atwood bronze platform heels. A different, non-platform shoe style would have immediately added a more elegant layer to this look.

Zoe Kravitz: Again relying on sheer elements, Zoe donned a white Calvin Klein Collection Spring 2016 gown styled with Chopard jewels and a body chain. I simply cannot find any appeal in this look—from the ill-fitting and sagging silhouette to the pair of white hot pants underneath.

2015 InStyle Awards Red Carpet Roundup 4

Judy Greer: I loved the rosy coral and red hues presented in this Sachin & Babi Noir frock that also featured a playful mood with polka dots and stripes. The white Lee Savage clutch and black pumps killed that mood so it’s better to ignore them.

Emmy Rossum
: Fully embracing a rich fall colour palette, the actress wore a chocolate brown leather Tod’s dress with a dramatic burgundy lip.

Ansel Elgort: While the navy-blue shade of this Louis Vuitton suit was on point, the ensemble as a whole seemed a bit rumpled. The unbuttoned, tie-less shirt didn’t help matters.

Credit: Getty

Kate Hudson's Loeffler Randall Shearling Blocked Coat & J Brand Demi Patched Pocket Flare Jeans in Ashbury

Kate Hudson’s Loeffler Randall Shearling Blocked Coat & J Brand Demi Patched Pocket Flare Jeans in Ashbury

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Erdem - 100 Women In Hedge Funds Gala Dinner

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Erdem – 100 Women In Hedge Funds Gala Dinner

27 Responses to 2015 InStyle Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. lindsay November 1, 2015 at 9:24 pm #

Thank you Emmy Rossum for looking expensive!!! Seriously!

2. Alina October 29, 2015 at 6:19 am #

I don’t like anyone here.

3. H October 28, 2015 at 1:44 pm #

Odeya, Emmy and Ansel look pretty good here.

Kim is still wearing capes and coats and all that. I think she feels self concious of how her backside looks but being pregnant is a huge blessing many women don’t have, and she should not feel ashamed and cover herself so much repeatedly. Is OK to look bigger than usual, is just part of the goods og being a pregnant woman.

4. Genita October 28, 2015 at 8:58 am #

I like Alexandra’s patchwork, multi-patterned gown. Obviously the lips are more attractive with this dress. Also Dakota Johnson’s double breasted jacket and trouser looks amazing.

5. Rachel October 28, 2015 at 8:50 am #

My picks are Michelle Williams and Zoe Kravitz

6. Amy October 28, 2015 at 8:39 am #

this whole lineup is depressing. so many looks but no hit.

7. kane October 28, 2015 at 7:47 am #

Emmy, wtf?! 🙁

No one, absolutely no one.

8. Bree October 27, 2015 at 11:50 pm #

I actually kinda like Alexandra’s look the way it is – she exudes a very earthy and rustic presence among a sea of forced looks.

9. Leigh October 27, 2015 at 11:43 pm #

Its funny how you can automatically see which ones are models by the way they pose. Both Miranda and Alessandra are doing the same weird overly arched back pose.

10. Olivia October 27, 2015 at 11:39 pm #

Its worth mentioning that Kim K actually wore the black version of this dress a little while ago to, I believe, a wedding. I did prefer the black one but she is still, surprisingly, my favorite of the bunch here. It may be a bit too tight and it may look almost exactly like Katy Perry’s performance dress at the Grammys, but I still really like it. Its 1000% times better than anything she’s worn this pregnancy. Shes the only one who stands out to me. Everyone else’s is just so-so.

• Olivia October 27, 2015 at 11:41 pm #

Although, upon second glance, I do quite like Odeya’s from the ankles up.

11. pinksugar October 27, 2015 at 10:00 pm #

I pretty much think anything LV is ugly these days so other than Dakota I am not a fan of any of those looks. AA always looks cheap and desperate, she needs a style makeover pronto. Kim is so boring, always a skintight dress, cape to cover her ear, and now her new obsession a choker, which only adds extra weight to her very altered face. I would have loved Halston’s had it been lined. Odeya’s dress is cute but I agree the shoe choice was poor. I usually love what Emmy wears but this was just plain ugly.

12. Caroline October 27, 2015 at 9:47 pm #

Miranda Kerr, Michelle Williams, Alessandra Ambrosio and Dakota Johnson are the ones I actually like from the bunch.

13. Phoenix October 27, 2015 at 9:35 pm #

There is something off or way off about everyone on this list.
    I can’t believe I’m even thinking this, but Emmy Rossum is having a fashion fail here. So not good colors for her.
    Mirandas skirt part is awesome but ya, that top piece is just all wrong.
    I guess Alexandra is the best of the bunch but her hair really needed to be back.

14. Bailey October 27, 2015 at 9:07 pm #

I like Alessandra’s look best

15. Nat39 October 27, 2015 at 8:58 pm #

Alexandra Daddario of the bunch, she manages to look lovely.

16. Iva October 27, 2015 at 8:33 pm #

TBH – I don’t like any of these looks.
    What a mess!

• Fiona-Brasil October 28, 2015 at 12:09 am #

+ 1.Ghastly!!!All of them!

• Christine October 28, 2015 at 5:47 am #

Agreed!! Alexandra is passable

17. Bambi October 27, 2015 at 8:30 pm #

If she had ditched the choker, Kim K would be the best dressed out of this bunch – and that is saying something.

18. jhh36 October 27, 2015 at 8:28 pm #

The only person who looks okay is Dakota Johnson. The rest range from too try hard to be either cool (Michelle Williams) or sexy (Alessandro Ambrosio) to what the hell is this (Miranda Kerr and Kim Kardashian) to droopy and ill fitting (Zoe Kravitz) to so so (everybody else).

19. Chris October 27, 2015 at 8:11 pm #

I like only really like Dakota here.
    Although, Michelle’s look is pretty cool as well, actually, although I’m not too fond of the hair (or the shoes, although they kinda work).

Emmy looks okay, but it’s by far not her best.
    Halston’s look had potential, but I’m bothered by the sheerness on the occasion. The top part isn’t quite working.
    Odeya’s look would have been nice with different shoes, although I’m not the biggest fan of the dress.
    Alexandra really should have pulled her hair back.
    Miranda’s look had potential as well, but the top bit doesn’t look good.
    I have no words for Alessandra anymore, tired of her tacky try-hard looks.
    I also am tired of that type of dress on Zoe, I feel like her last three looks have been similar as well? And this one just is especially… not good.

20. Marcel October 27, 2015 at 8:07 pm #

Alessandra looks always sooo forced. It is like , in her mind, she is always on the Victoria Secret show, cheeky with an over arched lower back. I am surprised she is not blowing kisses.
    Dakota’s 90ies hair style is atrocious.
    That Kreature in white/ thight deserves no mention.
    I only like Judy Greer, who incidentally, I never heard about.

21. meme October 27, 2015 at 8:01 pm #

does zoe kravitz ever wear dresses that aren’t sheer? Dakota, Michelle and Judy look great; the rest are meh.

22. james October 27, 2015 at 7:58 pm #

I don’t like any of them to be quite frank. Miranda is the least “bad”. I have never seen Emmy looking so bad, it’s kinda sad 🙁
    Kim looks like she can barely breathe. When is she gonna relax and stop trying so hard? Pregnancy is the perfect time where you can wear the most comfortable clothes and mostly APPROPRIATE ones. Rant over lol.

23. AnderBoBo October 27, 2015 at 7:56 pm #

Michelle Williams by a mile, she is just so effortlessly cool.

• Charlotte October 27, 2015 at 8:00 pm #

I agree !
      And it’s a rare miss for Emmy Rossum, her make up is awful and the hair and the dress are not good either.
      Suspringly I like Kim Kardashia, the necklace was not necessary, but it’s the best she looked in a while !