Menu

October 6, 2015

Christian Dior Spring 2016 Front Row

Christian Dior Spring 2016 Front Row

The Christian Dior Spring 2016 front row featured no shortage of Dior darlings who were taking in the looks that were presented during Paris Fashion Week on Friday (October 3) in Paris, France.

Elizabeth Olsen: Chic for days, the ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ actress was the very representation of androgynous allure in a Dior Haute Couture black cashmere jacket with black wool pants paired with a Dior clutch and Dior heels. Although the sleeves could be deemed a bit on the long side, the oversized shawl collar and the monochromatic power of this minimalist moment—not to mention the breezily undone look of her blonde locks—won me over.

Emilia Clarke
: Also balancing the masculine-feminine line, the ‘Game of Thrones’ stunned in a Dior black silk and wool cadi dress that had the makings of a tailored blazer. What could have been a rather nondescript dress Emila took to the next level with the welcome punch of Dior navy and pink heels and that just-bitten, berry-stained lip.

Leelee Sobieski: Straying away from the black trend, Leelee channeled the lighter side in a Dior Haute Couture hand-painted, pastel cotton dress with a Dior Haute Couture necklace and shoes. Ironically, the effect was still rather heavy given the strict, monastic-like silhouette. Yet, she wore it with a sense of drama that certainly brought its own measure of captivating intrigue.

Credit: Getty & FameFlynet

Nina Dobrev In Versace -  'Bridge Of Spies' New York Film Festival Premiere

Nina Dobrev In Versace – ‘Bridge Of Spies’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Vogue Paris 95th Anniversary Party

Vogue Paris 95th Anniversary Party

17 Responses to Christian Dior Spring 2016 Front Row

1. Bailey October 6, 2015 at 11:11 pm #

Really like Elizabeth’s look, although the collar was a bit overdone. Just a little smaller and it would have been perfect

2. kane October 6, 2015 at 10:01 pm #

Elizabeth’s look looks huge and ill-fitted. I’m becoming quite a fan of Emilia’s cheekiness (that centre-part though….). I don’t like Leelee’s clothes but the drama she brings to them.

3. TeaAtTwo October 6, 2015 at 8:55 pm #

I like the dramatic collar of Elizabeth’s jacket but the ill fit of the jacket looks bad. I like Emilia’s pumps and the dress. Leelee wears the theme of the look well though I don’t much care for it.

4. Guest October 6, 2015 at 7:22 pm #

Emilia Clarke: huge improvement, but her thighs are too big for this length. Otherwise, in her case it’s always, the simpler, the better.

5. Chris October 6, 2015 at 4:52 pm #

I don’t know what to think of Elizabeth’s look – I saw some pictures from other angles that I liked, but the pictures from the front, I don’t like I guess.
    Emilia’s look is simple but chic.
    Leelee’s look is probably the most interesting of the bunch, but I’m not 100% sure what I think of it.

6. Phoenix October 6, 2015 at 3:14 pm #

Elizabeths jacket is far too big on her. Perhaps if it was fitted better.
    Leelee looks ridiculous.
    I suppose Emilia looks passable.

7. meme October 6, 2015 at 3:06 pm #

They all look terrible. LeeLee looks utterly ridiculous.

• jhh36 October 6, 2015 at 5:26 pm #

+1, well said.

• pinksugar October 6, 2015 at 6:39 pm #

Agreed. Emilia looks the best of the 3 but the dress is rather boring and not doing her legs any favors.

8. bruna October 6, 2015 at 11:52 am #

Emilia’s look is the best one. Elizabeth is kind lost in this oversized collar

9. justme October 6, 2015 at 11:24 am #

That jacket (and the pose maybe?) makes Elizabeth look 4 months pregnant. Add to that the too long sleeves and it’s clear that the tailoring is way off. But her hair and makeup are beautiful, as usual for her.

I like Emilia’s look from the ankles up. I welcome the idea of colourful heels but I dislike the ones she chose. Great hair and makeup though.

I have to echo the Pope Francis Couture sentiment when it comes to Leelee.

10. Fiona-Brasil October 6, 2015 at 11:22 am #

In the drama category Leelee and Elizabeth rock.Gorgeous Emilia looks chubby and short in mini skirts.

11. CreoleLady October 6, 2015 at 10:47 am #

LOL. Paging the Pope mobile, Leelee needs to borrow it. How can she wear that with a straight, albeit stunning, face? Ridiculous, nothing to see here.

12. Christine October 6, 2015 at 10:22 am #

No one

13. Noemi October 6, 2015 at 10:14 am #

Elizabeth Olsen looks kind of matronly and the fit of the jacket doesn’t convince me.
    Emilia Clarke looks like a doll, I love her make-up.
    Leelee Sobieski looks sophisticated as always but I find her dress a bit costumey.

14. Amy October 6, 2015 at 9:27 am #

Emilia looks best. I’m not blown away but everything looks well put together.
    Elizabeth’s suit somehow makes her look bigger than she is. maybe it’s down to the picture but there’s something off.
    Leelee and Dior is usually a winning combo but not this time. it’s kinda awful

15. Alina October 6, 2015 at 8:39 am #

Elizabeth is my favourite here. Hair & makeup are gorgeous!