Menu

September 21, 2015

Amy Schumer In Zac Posen – 2015 Emmy Awards

Amy Schumer In Zac Posen - 2015 Emmy Awards

Amy Schumer struck a pose on the red carpet of the 2015 Emmy Awards at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday night (September 20).

The presenter and nominee kept things simple with a strapless Zac Posen gown and only a pair of drop earrings as an accent.

It’s impossible not to love Amy Schumer, but unfortunately, tonight it is possible for me not to love her look. While there is nothing particularly off-putting about the dress, it’s simply overwhelming with the styling.

Amy’s super messy hairstyle and dark liner plus smokey eyeshadow aren’t flattering and bring down the entire look. Honestly, my favorite part is her classic red mani.

So school me here: Am I totally missing it? Is this look better than I think it is?

Credit: Getty

Mindy Kaling In Salvador Pérez - 2015 Emmy Awards

Mindy Kaling In Salvador Pérez – 2015 Emmy Awards

Amanda Peet In Michael Kors - 2015 Emmy Awards

Amanda Peet In Michael Kors – 2015 Emmy Awards

36 Responses to Amy Schumer In Zac Posen – 2015 Emmy Awards

1. Eimear O'connor September 21, 2015 at 11:39 pm #

Your right, its the hair + makeup… a classic old hollywood wave hair style and maybe softer makeup, maybe a plum/red lipstick would have lifted this from the dragged thru a hedge look!

2. The original AB September 21, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

The make-up job is terrible! I can’t believe someone was paid for this.

3. Kourtney September 21, 2015 at 7:46 pm #

I love the color of the dress with her coloring, however it is ill-fitted and a bad cut on her. A Halter or something of the sort with two straps would have been much better, and more structured hair. I think the make up would have looked much better then too. I do love the nail polish as well 🙂

4. bisbee September 21, 2015 at 6:08 pm #

I have a feeling most of us would have a different reaction if her hair were different. Very few can get away with a messy style like that – Amy looks better with sleeker hair. Other than that, I think the gown looked good…maybe a better undergarment would have given a smoother look.

5. Phoenix September 21, 2015 at 5:16 pm #

None of this looks good. I dont even find the color good for her. Sloppy job.

6. Cindy September 21, 2015 at 3:53 pm #

I have to agree with the others. Bad fit, bad styling, bad hair and bad makeup. She deserves so much better.

7. Carol September 21, 2015 at 2:55 pm #

The gown looks ill-fitted and unflattering. The whole look + her hair and make up look very boring too. Not a good look.

8. from-chitown September 21, 2015 at 2:28 pm #

Nothing about this look works. The color, fit, hair, make-up – all look bad. She needs a total rethink.

9. Carolina September 21, 2015 at 12:28 pm #

While the gown’s color is not to everyone’s taste, it is great with her skin tone. Two – maybe three – changes – would have transformed her look. A darker lip, a better fit for the gown (or better undergarment), and statement earrings would have made all the difference. I have no problem with the hair.

10. kane September 21, 2015 at 10:57 am #

The gown is okay if very standard, hair and make up are pretty awful.

11. Cherrytree wood September 21, 2015 at 9:57 am #

Would her locks be smooth and polished, we would all love the 90’smell retro look of her make up matching her dress and the minimal accessorising 😉

12. Evita September 21, 2015 at 8:41 am #

Had the dress been in electric blue,a mermaid and the hair and makeup been cleaner,simpler this would have been a knock-out!

13. Alina September 21, 2015 at 5:44 am #

This is a no for me too. The whole look feels dated.

14. Nicky September 21, 2015 at 4:57 am #

So disappointed. Her promo tour was amazing. The fit of the dress and the hair just confound me.

15. Bailey September 21, 2015 at 4:52 am #

The dress is ok but it’s everything else about this look that brings it down

16. Guest September 21, 2015 at 4:44 am #

This is a no for me too. The whole look feels dated.

17. Caroline September 21, 2015 at 4:28 am #

Ill-fitted, unflattering, I don’t like the color and her hair looks really messy and her make up is washing her out.

18. elle September 21, 2015 at 4:25 am #

This is at least 4 different kinds of bad.
    Too bad she didn’t go with Narsisco Rodriguez as they had a much more symbiotic collaboration

19. Amanda September 21, 2015 at 4:12 am #

I reeeeally wanted to like this. Sadly, the crazy hair, makeup and the boring colour and unflattering fit of the dress just made it impossible.

20. Guest September 21, 2015 at 3:57 am #

21. cherrysoftness September 21, 2015 at 3:56 am #

The pale lip makes the messy hair and smoky eye look very, very harsh. She’s like a glamorous zombie. A smoother updo might’ve pulled everything together better.

• edie September 21, 2015 at 5:52 am #

“a glamorous zombie” – haha! I am sure she won’t read reactions to her outfit, but I have the feeling she would find this description funny.

22. Guest September 21, 2015 at 3:52 am #

The dress is ok but it’s everything else about this look that brings it down

23. Guest September 21, 2015 at 3:28 am #

24. Guest September 21, 2015 at 3:25 am #

This is at least 4 different kinds of bad.

25. Dee September 21, 2015 at 3:23 am #

Boring

26. Guest September 21, 2015 at 3:12 am #

27. Christine September 21, 2015 at 3:05 am #

The hair and makeup ruins this look

28. pinksugar September 21, 2015 at 2:59 am #

After having a pretty stylish promo tour I was very disappointed to see Amy this evening. The dress is rather dull and ill fitted and I am not loving the unruly hair. I do like the smoky eye but a pinker lip would have been nice.

29. Yeliz September 21, 2015 at 2:57 am #

The gown looks good on her, but the hairstyle is really bad.

30. Guest September 21, 2015 at 2:56 am #

• Guest September 21, 2015 at 4:52 am #

31. Guest September 21, 2015 at 2:23 am #

Boring

32. Guest September 21, 2015 at 2:05 am #

The hair and makeup ruins this look

33. Guest September 21, 2015 at 1:59 am #

34. Guest September 21, 2015 at 1:57 am #

The gown looks good on her, but the hairstyle is really bad.