Menu

Alice Eve In Stella McCartney - The Friars Club Presents An Evening With 'Dirty Weekend'

Alice Eve attended The Friars Club Presents An Evening With ‘Dirty Weekend’ on Wednesday (August 26) in New York City.

My first thought upon seeing the British actress in this Stella McCartney jacquard patchwork dress with a paper bag waist was – bonfire. Because that’s where this dress belongs, along with those snake skin slippers.

This isn’t a great look to being with, but someone more statuesque may have pulled this off.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Bosworth In Preen - Extra

Kate Bosworth In Preen – Extra

Fitness Friday

Fitness Friday

17 Responses to Alice Eve In Stella McCartney – The Friars Club Presents An Evening With ‘Dirty Weekend’

1. Melanie Smith August 29, 2015 at 10:30 pm #

Honestly I don’t think the dress is that bad. With that being said, I do wish that She had worn The Runway Version of The Dress – which was more of a Pencil Style Cocktail Dress.

Instead of this gown version She worn instead.

2. Laraine August 29, 2015 at 3:12 am #

This is flat-out one of the worst looks I’ve ever seen, nevermind WDOTY.

On the runway I can ALMOST see how someone might choose to wear this dress, but once she tried it on she should have known it was a disaster. Then…. those shoes!?! WTH WTH WTH.

3. Phoenix August 28, 2015 at 3:13 pm #

That is one ugly ugly dress. No one could have saved it.

• bisbee August 29, 2015 at 2:55 am #

I agree. What was Stella thinking?

4. kane August 28, 2015 at 1:53 pm #

Just WHAT’S going on on her shoulder? Also that styling…

5. CreoleLady August 28, 2015 at 1:31 pm #

Multiple system failure. Someone — designer, stylist, starlet — should have flipped the breaker switch. All systems NO.

• justme August 28, 2015 at 2:40 pm #

lool ia, everything about this look screams “abort the mission”

6. Lashae August 28, 2015 at 1:09 pm #

This dress is ugly to begin with but her styling is even worst. WDOTY nominee I think.

7. Charlotte August 28, 2015 at 1:01 pm #

First of all,I want to point out this is not even a flattering design to begin with.Even on the model it looked weird.it’s not a joint piece but a sleeveless top and a really long skirt with ruffles around the waist.Those fringes on the hemline,Are you kidding me?I don’t know what happened there,but it screams”Project Runway”
    In this pic,Alice was completely overwhelmed by all those fabrics.Pairing those hideous snake skin slippers with this ensemble is not helping at all,in fact,she could really use some extra height to make this look less awkward.
    TOTALLY agree with FC on this one,Burn them now and never look back

8. The Very Simon G August 28, 2015 at 12:53 pm #

OH MY GOD THIS IS BLOODY AWFUL!!!

What WAS she thinking???

9. Alina August 28, 2015 at 12:44 pm #

If I were wearing those shoes, I wouldn’t know how to hide my feet faster and yet, she is showing them proudly. Baffling.

10. The original AB August 28, 2015 at 12:43 pm #

This is bad a total miss, I don’t like it on her or the model. It’s a shame because I think she is such a beautiful woman, and those shoes!

11. Charlotte August 28, 2015 at 12:21 pm #

Awful dress !

12. Chris August 28, 2015 at 12:07 pm #

It won’t make my WDOTY-list, but it sure isn’t good. Definitely not a good dress. And the shoes, oh no. There is nothing to like here.

13. alvaro_spain August 28, 2015 at 12:07 pm #

What a horrible week! I only have 4 or 5 contenders for BDOTW. I don’t know how Catherine will manage to create this week’s poll…

• pinklady August 28, 2015 at 2:48 pm #

14. Christine August 28, 2015 at 12:04 pm #

A WDOTY contender. What a horrid look. Wtf was she thinking and with that ugh pose, too???

Gah!