Menu

June 26, 2015

Yo Dona Awards 2015 Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Yo Dona Awards 2015 Red Carpet Roundup

A host of actresses joined Nieves Alvarez on the red carpet for the Yo Dona Awards on Wednesday (June 24) in Madrid, Spain.

Megan Montaner: I was blown away by her Andrew Gn embellished mosaic jacquard gown from the Pre-Fall 2015 collection. Not only because it signals the end of the colour and print drought on the red carpet this summer, but also because I’m in awe of how one so petite can totally own this gown.

Celia Freijeiro: This Naeem Khan Fall 2015 sparkling number was one of the stand out looks at this event. However, a part of me believes that she should’ve opted for silver Jimmy Choo’s. The gold option isn’t quite working for me.

Yo Dona Awards 2015 Red Carpet Roundup 2

Silvia Abascal: Oscar de la Renta presented this Pre-Fall 2015 look as a sleeveless cocktail dress, but this strapless gown version couldn’t be more perfect for a Spanish celebration as the style is giving off some serious flamenco vibes. Styled with a Yliana Yepez clutch and Bvlgari jewels, this is another contender for BDOTW.

Norma Ruiz: The actress brought the Dolce & Gabbana coronation print back to the red carpet in dramatic fashion, styling her look with a Dolce & Gabbana clutch and Gucci jewels.

Yo Dona Awards 2015 Red Carpet Roundup 3

Nerea Garmendia: I perhaps should be more excited about this coral Naeem Khan Fall 2015 sequin gown, but there is no defining element to latch onto.

Alejandra Onieva: This Stéphane Rolland Fall 2015 ready-to-wear gown reminds me of a similar dress Paz Vega wore during Cannes a few years ago. I didn’t like it then and I don’t like it now.

Credit: Courtesy

Jada Pinkett-Smith In Ermanno Scervino - ‘Magic Mike XXL’ LA Premiere

Jada Pinkett-Smith In Ermanno Scervino – ‘Magic Mike XXL’ LA Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Balmain - ‘Magic Mike XXL’ LA Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Balmain – ‘Magic Mike XXL’ LA Premiere

14 Responses to Yo Dona Awards 2015 Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest May 12, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Thumbs up to Megan, I liked the Andrew Gn dress on Hailee at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party with the different color palette and I like it now,especially the way she has styled it, and of course to Silvia,love the effortless styling

2. Guest May 12, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Megan is AMAZING in this STUNNING Andrew Gn gown. I wish more celebs wore him.

Silvia looks amazing too.

3. Guest May 12, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Im surprised that I love Megans look as much as I do because of the multi-pattern, which I usually cant handle. But this sooo pretty. She totally works it. And that lip color is absolutely perfect!

4. Guest May 12, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

I think Megan has a place on my BDOTY list (I’m a sucker for a good print 😉 _

5. Guest May 12, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Megan’s look is high-impact. The colours and pattern are great, as is her styling, but there is something that bothers me about the shape. There is just a lot of skirt, both where it connects with the top as well as towards the ground. I’m not entirely won over.

Silvia’s is the other one to stand out here. What I can see from the pic and the link I like, but I wish she had gone the lookbook-route and styled it with more colourfull accessories. The pink sandals are great with it!

6. Guest May 12, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Absolutely love Megan’s stunning look. BDOTW-worthy, without a doubt.

7. Guest May 12, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Megan looks BDOTW worthy! So stunning!

8. Bec June 29, 2015 at 5:30 am #

I think Megan has a place on my BDOTY list (I’m a sucker for a good print 😉 _

9. Phoenix June 27, 2015 at 2:15 am #

10. sophie June 26, 2015 at 5:09 pm #

Megan is AMAZING in this STUNNING Andrew Gn gown. I wish more celebs wore him.

Silvia looks amazing too.

11. Evita June 26, 2015 at 12:13 pm #

12. Christine June 26, 2015 at 11:45 am #

Megan looks BDOTW worthy! So stunning!

13. Yeliz June 26, 2015 at 11:39 am #

Absolutely love Megan’s stunning look. BDOTW-worthy, without a doubt.

14. kane June 26, 2015 at 11:34 am #