Menu

May 5, 2015

Zendaya In Fausto Puglisi – 2015 Met Gala

"China: Through The Looking Glass" Costume Institute Benefit Gala - Arrivals

Zendaya was a welcome addition to the ‘China: Through the Looking Glass’ 2015 Met Gala red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on Monday (May 4).

Bringing a youthful sense of whimsical fun to the proceedings, the starlet fully captivated in her Fausto Puglisi number, emblazoned with a bold sun motif that artfully took into account the evening’s Chinese theme.

The voluminous shaping and fanciful flair of the skirt was perfectly suited to any event with ‘Through the Looking Glass’ in its name.

Her signature edgy sense of style was also captured in her wrist and arm cuffs and tiara-like headpiece, where the sharp sunbeam shapes were likewise repeated.

With this wonderland of a look, Zendaya gives us a lesson in how to dress for the Met Gala.

Credit: Getty

Julianne Moore In Givenchy Couture - 2015 Met Gala

Julianne Moore In Givenchy Couture – 2015 Met Gala

Rose Byrne In Calvin Klein Collection - 2015 Met Gala

Rose Byrne In Calvin Klein Collection – 2015 Met Gala

61 Responses to Zendaya In Fausto Puglisi – 2015 Met Gala

1. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

It’s fun, original, a bit over the top, it actually suits the theme of the night, she’s young and beautiful so this is a big win for me. THIS is how you take risks at the Met Gala…..not wearing a cheap sheer gown.

2. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

3. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

Tacky, cheap, over the top and just overall a mess.

4. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

More than chinese, she seems the Statue of Liberty.

5. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

Interesting and memorable, but that skirt is EXTREMELY awkward. I like her head piece.

6. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I disagree. This looks like school project to me.

7. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I think I like it but it also looks like a national costume from the Miss Universe pageant and that’s always bad

8. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

Still doesn’t look like she knows what she is doing to me, the hair, the tiara…not styled right.

9. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I love the intriguing dress. Unique and I feel its on theme….
    The styling is horrid sadly. The hair, shoes, accessories do not match the vibe of the dress. at all. So so so sad.

10. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I love the intriguing dress. Unique and I feel its on theme….

11. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

Wow

She looks fantastic!

12. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

*through* the looking glass

13. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

At first I was wishing that this was a gown, that the tiara was gone, and that she had a sleeker hairstyle. But then I saw that the theme was also though the looking glass. She just might have nailed this (except for the pumps).

14. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I agree! And it is one of my favorite of the night too!

15. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I agree! And it is one of my favorite of the night too!

16. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

Agree with you 100%

17. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

To me, she is dressed appropriately age-wise and theme wise for this occasion. It might look try-hardery for some, but this is the Met Gala after all. She dressed youthful, vibrant, edgy, and in tune with the theme. And I love that her makeup, after all the frou-frou-ery of this ensemble, is just a classic clean base. One of my best dressed for this occasion.

18. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I love this look. My favorite look of the night! I think it looks even more beautiful from the front. I love all the accessories, her hair and make up, choice of heels,… It is a perfect choice for the theme. It is very Met Gala. It is youthful! It is interesting!… Ok, I’ll stop!

19. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

She tried for the theme and the drama of the Met Gala and got both of those right. But I don’t like the shoes and the headpiece. Though they detract from the look, they do not ruin it. Overall so far the best thematic and dramatic effort of the evening and certainly better that Chloe’s and SJP’s and Lady Gaga’s and the list could go on.

20. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

21. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I’m on the fence with this look. I think she does pull it off, but on the other side, the skirt looks a bit ridiculous, the tiara doesn’t quite work and I would’ve rather preferred simple sandals over the black pumps.

22. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

Horrified by this design.

23. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I totally agree! She’s one of the few who were dressed according to the theme and in a very age appropriate way. And unlike some other guests she didn’t need to show up almost naked to make a statement. My favourite of the night.

24. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

What is the point of the Met Gala if not to “try hard”? Some of these comments make no sense. If your outfit doesn’t get people talking at least interested in who made it, then you’ve pretty much missed the memo. I love this, she looks super cute and age appropriate but also quite sophisticated and interesting.

25. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I agree. I do like her makeup.

26. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

It’s such a weird look.

27. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

She is trying, but she is not succeeding with this look.

28. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I would have loved this more if the bottom was a gown but considering only like 30% of celebs went with the theme she gets points for actually trying.
    That being said, I don’t hate it, it’s cute.

29. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

I have no idea why, but I actually think it’s a great look for this year’s MET.

30. Guest April 21, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

LOOOOOOOOVE !

This is the kind of look you can only wear at the Met Gala. Zendaya definitely pulls it off.

31. alvaro_spain May 5, 2015 at 11:25 pm #

More than chinese, she seems the Statue of Liberty.

32. Caroline May 5, 2015 at 5:09 pm #

Tacky, cheap, over the top and just overall a mess.

33. Larissa May 5, 2015 at 12:20 pm #

34. Amy May 5, 2015 at 10:41 am #

the skirt is poorly made. That being said, I love fun spirit of her dress and the headpiece.

35. Max May 5, 2015 at 9:48 am #

• Larissa May 5, 2015 at 12:43 pm #

• towanda May 5, 2015 at 1:47 pm #

ITA.

36. kane May 5, 2015 at 9:00 am #

Horrified by this design.

37. Yeliz May 5, 2015 at 7:08 am #

38. jhh36 May 5, 2015 at 5:18 am #

39. Maya May 5, 2015 at 4:02 am #

40. Fashion Smorgasbord May 5, 2015 at 3:54 am #

• Quinn May 5, 2015 at 7:42 am #

I agree! And it is one of my favorite of the night too!

• H May 5, 2015 at 1:54 pm #

Agree with you 100%

41. CreoleLady May 5, 2015 at 3:51 am #

• CreoleLady May 5, 2015 at 3:52 am #

*through* the looking glass

42. Pedro May 5, 2015 at 3:35 am #

Wow

She looks fantastic!

43. Phoenix May 5, 2015 at 3:35 am #

I love the intriguing dress. Unique and I feel its on theme….

44. Nat39 May 5, 2015 at 3:21 am #

45. AW May 5, 2015 at 3:16 am #

46. Carolina May 5, 2015 at 3:15 am #

I disagree. This looks like school project to me.

47. EmmaWoodhouse May 5, 2015 at 3:14 am #

48. Nadia99 May 5, 2015 at 3:14 am #

LOOOOOOOOVE !

• Guest May 5, 2015 at 11:23 am #

I have no idea why, but I actually think it’s a great look for this year’s MET.

49. B May 5, 2015 at 3:12 am #

That being said, I don’t hate it, it’s cute.

50. Christine May 5, 2015 at 3:09 am #

She is trying, but she is not succeeding with this look.

• pinksugar May 5, 2015 at 3:29 am #

Major fail. Try-hardery central.

• Alina May 5, 2015 at 3:59 pm #

I agree. I do like her makeup.

• Laraine May 5, 2015 at 7:13 pm #