Menu

February 24, 2015

Models @ The 2015 Oscar Parties

Models @ The 2015 Oscars Parties

As always, there were plenty of models on hand to provide the glamour at the Oscar parties on Sunday (February 22).

Alessandra Ambrosio: I was surprised the model didn’t jump on the sheer train; instead she selected a glamorous red gown from the Atelier Versace Spring 2015 collection. This brand of sexiest from Alessandra I can totally get on board with.

Poppy Delevingne: The British model wears a lot of Pucci frocks, having a close relationship with the designer Peter Dundas, so I was surprised no one informed her that Natasha Poly had already worn this frock. Poppy made a great impact styling the look with a choker and deep plum lip.

Models @ The 2015 Oscars Parties 2

Gigi Hadid: The model made it a Versace double wearing a dark blue Atelier Versace gown to the Elton John party and a black Atelier Versace gown to the Vanity Fair party. The black grabs my attention for obvious reasons, whereas the blue looks like she failed to transform into Mystique from ‘X-Men’.

Models @ The 2015 Oscars Parties 3

Joan Smalls: The model struck a seriously fierce pose wearing a Balmain ensemble that included sheer pants styled with a Lee Savage clutch and sharp cat eyes.

Irina Shayk: Sorry, Donatella, but this Atelier Versace gown is a clear rip-off of Jaimie Alexander’s Azzaro ‘Thor’ premiere look.

Karlie Kloss: The model was also part of the Atelier Versace-loving crew. I’m often bored by her red carpet style, but I’m glad to see that runway sass finally make its way onto the red carpet. I would’ve preferred sandals to her Gianvito Rossi pumps.

Models @ The 2015 Oscars Parties 4

Chrissy Teigen: Opting not to stop for the cameras, the model is seen wearing an Emilio Pucci lilac, orange and coral silk halter-neck gown from the Spring 2015 collection, which has a beach holiday vibe.

Dree Hemingway: While I admire the model for sticking to her style in this Chloe Spring 2015 frock, it belongs in a tall grass meadow with buttercups and daisies blooming.

Chanel Iman: Having practised with gown after gown for every occasion, the model finally got her Oscar night moment wearing a nude Zuhair Murad Spring 2013 Couture gown for the occasion.

Credit: Getty

2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

Best Dressed Of The Week - Emmy Rossum In Donna Karan Atelier

Best Dressed Of The Week – Emmy Rossum In Donna Karan Atelier

22 Responses to Models @ The 2015 Oscar Parties

1. Rocio February 25, 2015 at 11:37 pm #

To me Chanel Iman looked gorgeous. Didn’t like any look but hers.

2. Parvati February 25, 2015 at 7:52 pm #

I don’t like any of these looks. Maybe Chanel Iman’s, but still, not impressed.

3. kane February 25, 2015 at 11:18 am #

I actually love Chanel’s dress–well, in theory. Visible panties is not an acceptable way to wear this.

4. Katia February 25, 2015 at 5:48 am #

I absolutely love Poppy’s styling

5. Peony February 25, 2015 at 4:40 am #

Good grief, what an exhibition of tackiness, Poppy being the exception.

Chrissy looks like she should be sipping pina coladas by the beach – plus the wrinkles! And Dree appears to have stumbled off the set of Game of Thrones.

6. Nat39 February 25, 2015 at 12:25 am #

Poppy, even though it’s a re-run. The look is eye-catching and she really pulled it all together with the inspired complete styling. Alessandra’s red gown is beautiful but her presentation with that hair and necklace is “pageant”.

7. Effy February 24, 2015 at 10:49 pm #

Poppy, Gigi, Karlie and Chanel.

8. alvaro_spain February 24, 2015 at 10:41 pm #

Poppy is my fave.

9. TeaAtTwo February 24, 2015 at 9:01 pm #

They all look horrible. Dree and Irina particularly belong on WDOTY list.

10. Bailey February 24, 2015 at 8:39 pm #

I think Alessandra looks amazing in this! So perfectly fitted and stunning! I actually kind of like Poppy’s dress but am not on board with the choker. Chrissy’s dress is cute but don’t love the colour combination. While I don’t love a sheer dress, Chanel looks so incredible in hers that it doesn’t bother me that you can see her underwear

11. julyol1972 February 24, 2015 at 8:17 pm #

Between Rita’s thirstiness, and Irina’s skankiness, these post-Oscar parties were rife with desperate, attention-seeking wannabes trying to break into the American market.

Vanity Fair and Elton need to be more discerning with their invites, or institute a dress code!

Chrissy looks okay, and Chanel is the best of the bunch! Just when I thought I could trust Allesandra, she ruined it with the sheer over black panties, and Dree needs to drop that muumuu on a bonfire ASAP!

12. Alina February 24, 2015 at 8:08 pm #

Chrissy and Chanel Iman. Really disappointed by Joan’s choice.

13. pinksugar February 24, 2015 at 7:06 pm #

Irina should just change her last name to skank. Could she try any harder?

Love Gigi’s navy number and I could totally get on board with Alessandra if her black undies weren’t showing. I mean really?

Chrissy actually looks good here and Chanel looks lovely.

14. EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2015 at 6:52 pm #

A long stream of tacky, cheap, wrong for the event…the only one that comes close to acceptable is Alessandra’s, and it looks too inexpensive and crunchy.

15. gabis February 24, 2015 at 6:37 pm #

Poppy could’ve been the best dressed of the bunch hadn’t she ruined the look with that hideous styling. Only care for Joan Smalls and Chanel Iman.

16. Iva February 24, 2015 at 6:14 pm #

Karlie.

• Patricia February 24, 2015 at 8:55 pm #

+1 yes

17. Raf February 24, 2015 at 6:06 pm #

Sorry, Alessandra is showing blackundies. Tackiness.
    None of them looks good, for me the best is Chanel Iman putting away the sheerness and maybe Karle Kloss despite the rip off. Gigi can get a pass.

18. Nat February 24, 2015 at 6:04 pm #

Wow. If there was an Oscar for “tackiest ensemble cast”, the people in this post would surely win it. So bad.

• Yeliz February 24, 2015 at 8:15 pm #

Exactly. I don’t like any of these looks.

• Noemi February 24, 2015 at 8:17 pm #

I totally agree with you. But I guess it’s because the night was about actors and actresses, they were not the main attraction, so they all tried hard.

• Christine February 25, 2015 at 1:21 am #