Menu

29.01.15

Kylie Minogue In J’Aton Couture – Australian Of The Year In The UK Event

Kylie Minogue In J'Aton Couture - Australian Of The Year In The UK Event

Kylie Minogue was named Australian of the Year in the UK during the Australia Day Gala Dinner held at Australia House on Saturday (January 24) in London, England.

The Australian singer wore an Australian brand to celebrate the occasion, donning a mesh long-sleeve dress by her sister Dannii Minogue’s favourite designer – J’Aton Couture.

I know what you’re thinking.

Been there, done that. This could be Emilio Pucci or Roberto Cavalli, and while I like this dress and how the petite star pulls it off, if that is what you are thinking, I tend to agree.

Credit: Getty

Paris Fashion Week: Couture – Day 2

Paris Fashion Week: Couture – Day 2

Rose Byrne In Maticevski - 4th AACTA Awards Ceremony

Rose Byrne In Maticevski – 4th AACTA Awards Ceremony

8 Responses to Kylie Minogue In J’Aton Couture – Australian Of The Year In The UK Event

1. The Very Simon G January 30, 2015 at 9:43 am #

YAWN!

2. Nadia January 29, 2015 at 11:56 pm #

I’m probably in the minority but I really love the gown. She wore it well and kept the jewelry at the minimal.

3. Sandra January 29, 2015 at 10:37 pm #

This is why I love your commentary FC! You’re so honest and genuine…I’ve been missing it for the last few big events (Globes, SAG) as the other writers just don’t have the same style and sass as you and the commentary comes off a bit generic!

4. Nat39 January 29, 2015 at 9:40 pm #

Deja vu aside, she wears this delicate gown very nicely and pulls off both the sheerness and the deep plunge thanks to the spot-on fit and her natural soft beauty. The gown creates a perfect flattering shape on her, she looks lovely and totally selling it.

• Thit January 30, 2015 at 6:53 am #

5. meme January 29, 2015 at 9:25 pm #

Uber tacky especially with that nude undergarment thingie. I’m tired of transparent dresses. Men wouldn’t be caught dead in a transparent suit.

6. Yeliz January 29, 2015 at 9:17 pm #

She pulls it off, but the gown looking like, as you said, a Pucci or Cavalli knockoff keeps me away from liking this look and there is really nothing new about this gown, neither the shape nor the pattern or anything.

• Christine January 29, 2015 at 9:28 pm #