Menu

January 16, 2015

Carmen Ejogo In Emilia Wickstead – 2015 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Carmen Ejogo In Emilia Wickstead - 2015 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Carmen Ejogo attended the 20th annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards held at the Hollywood Palladium on Thursday (January 15) in Los Angeles, California.

The actress looked gorgeous wearing an Emilia Wickstead coral hued gown with oversized patch pockets we saw in the Spring 2015 collection.

At first I was on the fence regarding her matte red lip, but on reflexion a lighter hue could’ve washed her out.

A gold bracelet and bronzed clutch rounded out this graceful look.

Credit: Getty

Genesis Rodriguez In Reem Acra - 2015 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Genesis Rodriguez In Reem Acra – 2015 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Rosario Dawson In Vivienne Westwood - 2015 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Rosario Dawson In Vivienne Westwood – 2015 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

14 Responses to Carmen Ejogo In Emilia Wickstead – 2015 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

1. Phoenix January 17, 2015 at 12:47 am #

Ugh those pockets are just hideous. The bodice is saggy, and the color is just close to skin for me to like. meh, I don’t like anything about this at all.

2. Carolina January 16, 2015 at 1:48 pm #

I agree with others about the bodice being problematic. In fact, it appears – weirdly – that there are 2 under-bust darts on one side, and just 1 on the other. This and fit problems throw the whole thing off for me.

3. alvaro_spain January 16, 2015 at 1:27 pm #

One of the best dressed of the night!

4. Alina January 16, 2015 at 12:58 pm #

I don’t think the colour washes her out. I actually quite like it with her skin tone. Plus, it was a smart idea to add the red lipstick.
    All in all, I think this is a great outfit.

5. dee January 16, 2015 at 12:53 pm #

The color washes her out and I don’t like the fit of the bodice.

6. Lum January 16, 2015 at 12:26 pm #

Gorgeous. I love the color and fit. The hair and makeup are a let down. I wish she had gotten some recognition for her excellent work in Selma. But hopefully we will see her again at the Oscars.

7. Christine January 16, 2015 at 10:49 am #

She looks beautiful.

8. Valissa January 16, 2015 at 10:44 am #

Everything is gorgeous…the hair, makeup, dress, colour and then you focus on those pockets and the whole thing is ruined! They are so unnecessary.

9. AB January 16, 2015 at 9:56 am #

I’m loving the dress on her pockets and all, I think she looks gorgeous.

10. Lei January 16, 2015 at 9:31 am #

I think she looks stunning! The pocket threw me off for a sec but I am defo on board with the rest of the look!

11. CreoleLady January 16, 2015 at 8:45 am #

What a stunner she is, although I haven’t decided whether I like those pockets or not. I like the soft sweep of the gown to the floor. Pretty.

12. Yeliz January 16, 2015 at 8:21 am #

Love the colour on her but the gown is ill fitted around the waist and the patch pockets look a bit silly to me.

13. Karen January 16, 2015 at 8:15 am #

The style of the dress is lovely – oh-so-elegant and simple. But my golly, that colour!! It washes her out like no other despite the red lip. A brighter colour or jewel tone would have done wonders! With her skin tone, a deep red/sapphire/emerald would have been stunning. If she wanted to go light, maybe mauve or turquoise?

• Hermoine January 16, 2015 at 12:55 pm #