Menu

Shu Qi In Calla – Jimmy Choo Store Opening Ceremony

Shu Qi In Calla - Jimmy Choo store opening ceremony

Shu Qi attended the Jimmy Choo store opening ceremony at Finance Street in Hong Kong yesterday evening.

The actress’ Jimmy Choo accessories included a crystal-accented ‘Charlize’ clutch and ‘Anouk’ pointy pumps as expected; however, the same can’t be said for her dress.

On this occasion, the usually conservative star wore a Calla Spring 2013 printed frock with a gauze sheer insert at the waist.

It’s a cute, fun, flirty look, but the dress doesn’t sit as well as it does on the model and the top half is also revealing a touch of boob.

I could’ve overlooked most of the flaws to give Shu a pass for stepping outside the box, but why oh why is she wearing nude tights?

And what’s up with the Paris Hilton pose?

Credit: Style.com, Tungstar & Calla

Rosamund Pike In Victoria Beckham - 'The World's End' World Premiere

Rosamund Pike In Victoria Beckham – ‘The World’s End’ World Premiere

Angie Harmon In Hervé Léger by Max Azria - Conan

Angie Harmon In Hervé Léger by Max Azria – Conan

23 Responses to Shu Qi In Calla – Jimmy Choo Store Opening Ceremony

1. Pam July 13, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

Actually, I wish nude panty hose would make a comeback.

2. Lalaine July 11, 2013 at 1:05 pm #

Those tights scream skankwhore.

• KatieKaye July 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm #

Lol!! That is funny, esp since she prob wore them for modesty!

3. Alicat July 11, 2013 at 3:38 am #

Over, side or under cleavage aside, the top is too small for her. But to me that is a minor issue compared with those awful tights. Her legs look plastic, like on a store dummy. As a summer outfit on a teen this would look really cute, but here it presented so badly.

• Pam July 13, 2013 at 9:54 pm #

Yes, way too small.

4. TeuntjeVDW July 10, 2013 at 11:55 pm #

What was she thinking?! The nude tights and the fit of the dress are a failure. Worst Dressed Of The Year isn’t a overstatement if you ask me.

5. naomie July 10, 2013 at 10:38 pm #

Why would anyone care about a woman showing her underboob?
    It’s pretty funny when you think about it.
    Women show a bit of their ‘topboob’ all the time. We’re so used to seeing some cleavage that we don’t even give it a second choice.
    But underboob? It’s more rare, we’re not as used to it, so it is deemed is ‘wrong’ or ‘tasteless’, but it’s still just a bit of boob showing.
    Styling choices aside, I think the dress looks great on her, underboob and all.

• naomie July 10, 2013 at 10:40 pm #

second choice = second thought, of course

• KatieKate July 11, 2013 at 12:30 am #

Actually, you totally have a point.

• kane July 11, 2013 at 4:29 am #

…because it implies that you are not wearing a bra, which in turn can be, let’s say, culturally associated with social upheaval, second wave feminism and sexual revolution and unruliness? I do see your point though. I actually don’t mind it if I like it aesthetically (the last time on this blog in the case of Adèle Exarchopoulos in Cannes I think. I really liked that LBD and the cheekiness of the touch of boob). I don’t like it on Shu Qi, though, but that’s because I don’t like the whole outfit to begin with. The only thing that gets away for me is the print, but the print would have deserved a better dress and the dress would have deserved a better styling (shoes, tights (!), everything really).

• kane July 11, 2013 at 4:32 am #

Just to be clear, I don’t think feminism etc is a bad thing. I just mean that underboob, i.e. going brafree, could be read as such in a patriarchal Western society.

• KatieKaye July 11, 2013 at 8:56 pm #

I totally got it….and quite the articulate explanation.

• Pam July 13, 2013 at 9:54 pm #

I thought not wearing a bra just meant not wearing a bra. And I’m old enough to remember when the feminist were burning them.

• kane July 30, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

So burning them was just another way of discarding them then? I don’t follow.

6. Daisy July 10, 2013 at 9:47 pm #

There is a tendency Asian women in Asian pretend they are girls…
    I notice the subtle different between runway and those on the shelf. It’s difficult to say the runway version looks good on the model cause the model detracts from the dress. Then again this is not a wow dress either. All in all super fail!

7. Moxie July 10, 2013 at 9:44 pm #

Too young for her. Not to mention the distracting underboob. Those tights are awful. The only decent things about the outfit are the shoes/clutch.

8. KatieKate July 10, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

*Choo

9. KatieKate July 10, 2013 at 9:11 pm #

What was she thinking?? I mean, literally?!?! The nude hose were the first thing I saw, and that’s saying something, b/c the rest of this is pretty alarming also. Epic fail.

• KatieKate July 10, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

But I do love the Jimmy Choose accessories. And that’s IT.

10. Christine July 10, 2013 at 9:08 pm #

This is a fail.

11. GGG July 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm #

Those tights are ghastly!

12. Nat39 July 10, 2013 at 9:06 pm #

The dress is too young, cutesy and girly for her and sits awkwardly on her to begin with, a very wrong choice for her, the nude tights are an eyesore and bring the look down completely.

• Yeliz July 10, 2013 at 9:35 pm #