Menu

January 28, 2013 Runway To Red Carpet

Ellie Kemper In Reem Acra – 2013 SAG Awards

Ellie Kemper In Reem Acra - 2013 SAG Awards

Ellie Kemper attended the 2013 SAG Awards tonight, held at Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California.

‘The Office’ star stood out in her delightfully hued sea-foam green gown from Reem Acra’s Resort 2013 collection.

Featuring an illusion neckline dotted with dainty embellishment that swirled its way to the hem of the dress, the design held a subtle sparkle. More shine came courtesy of Neil Lane jewels.

A sash with an architectural mock bow edged up the princess-y power of this look and kept it from venturing too sweet. But I have a feeling this dress looked better in person than it photographed, as some of the engaging detail was lost.

The pastel color was nice with Ellie’s flame-red hair, which was swept back into an updo and accessorized with a jewelled hair pin.

It’s a shame about that unsightly zipper at the back.

Credit: Reem Acra & Getty

Kiernan Shipka In Oscar de la Renta - 2013 SAG Awards

Kiernan Shipka In Oscar de la Renta – 2013 SAG Awards

Naomi Watts In Marchesa - 2013 SAG Awards

Naomi Watts In Marchesa – 2013 SAG Awards

19 Responses to Ellie Kemper In Reem Acra – 2013 SAG Awards

1. lu January 29, 2013 at 12:54 am #

I really like the dress and don’t see the bridesmaid conection, she looks great!. I only dislike the zipper, it ruins the back. And we’ve seen illusion panels on the back without the zipper.

2. Parvati January 28, 2013 at 9:51 pm #

I can’t believe how a gown with such a delicate illusion panel could have such an ugly zipper at the back. The gown itself is nice (except for the zipper) but I’m not crazy about the whole look in general.

3. gabis January 28, 2013 at 6:08 pm #

I love the colour and frankly I was dying to see more of that collection on the red carpet. But Ellie Kemper definitely doesn’t look as good as she could. The hair is top awful and I really dislike the makeup and accessories. With a proper styling she could’ve been one of the best dressed of the night.

4. Amy January 28, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

As a seamstress, I am offended by that zipper. What were they thinking?! It looks horrid. A side zipper under the arm would have been a much wiser choice.

5. dee January 28, 2013 at 1:55 pm #

This looks to bridsmaids like. The other gown in the lookbook probably would have been better on her. Hair, makeup and accesories are on point.

• jessica paster January 28, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

actually dee..we did try on the other one…and it didnt work!!!!i think if the 1st comment didnt mention ..bridesmaid…no pun intented..as she was in the movie…nobody would have brought it up!!!i loved it…as i style her!!i wanted something soft..as the night before i did a navy crystal strapless…as forthe hair …it was different and more modern…sooo appreciate “normal” people opinions…because i luv to read them!!!…now on to do my pickups and returns…and another 18 day of stylin ;)….and amy…u tell me ..what would u have done with the zipper..a side one?…even if it ws lenghten…she wouldnt of been able to get in!!!!trust me..we thought of that..come to hollywood…if ur that dope..u will do well…btw…my seamstreses worked all weekend until 2 am..thues fri sat and came in at 7am….i think reem acra is an amazing designer..she gets it amy..easy to have an opinion!!!!xxjess

6. Jess2 January 28, 2013 at 7:33 am #

I absolutely love both of the dresses in the lookbook picture. The dress looks beautiful on Ellie and I love her earrings and clutch, but the hair is so wrong! It is far too matronly.
    I could not believe my eyes when I saw a picture of Ellie from the back. The visible zip at the back is such a let down 🙁

7. Yeliz January 28, 2013 at 6:23 am #

I love the gown on the model, but Ellie can’t quite pull it off. The hairstyle is terrible.

8. AitchCS January 28, 2013 at 2:34 am #

Horrible color but nice dress.

9. Christine January 28, 2013 at 1:36 am #

It looks lost on her. Also a bit washing her out.

10. AW January 28, 2013 at 1:34 am #

I love this, the color is very unexpected.

11. EmmaWoodhouse January 28, 2013 at 1:34 am #

Oh no! Matronly hair, dress sagging too low–it’s not working out, even though the seafoam shade is divine and the gown is lovely on the model. It’s almost working, but not quite because of a few bad details.

12. Marybeth January 28, 2013 at 1:31 am #

She looks a bit washed out.
    And I can’t help but agree that there’s a bridesmaidy feel to this — although the hair is more mother-of-the-bride matronly.

It’s just okay.

• Nat39 January 28, 2013 at 2:06 am #

I couldn´t decide what to write – bridesmaid or mother of the bride, I guess it´s both 🙂 Not the best look or styling for her.

13. msd January 28, 2013 at 1:31 am #

I really, really don’t like this dress. It screams cheap bridesmaid. (I do like the colour though)

14. Nat39 January 28, 2013 at 1:31 am #

It´s quite lovely minus the very non-elegant hairdo although it does have a bridesmaidy feel to it.

15. Molly January 28, 2013 at 1:24 am #

Sorry to say that there’s nothing I like here. I find the color awful and cheap-looking on Ellie, and the hair is so unflattering. Too bad.

16. Moxie January 28, 2013 at 1:22 am #

The color is pretty, but a little bridesmaid-y. Nice to see some color amidst the sea of black gowns on the red carpet.

17. Lashae January 28, 2013 at 1:19 am #

Nice dress but it looks so much like Maid of Honor/bridesmaid kind of dress.