Menu

18.02.12

Taraji P. Henson In Randi Rahm – 2012 NAACP Image Awards

The next major event during awards season was the 2012 NAACP Image Awards, held at The Shrine Auditorium in LA last night.

Taraji P. Henson took home the award for ‘Outstanding Actress in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special’ for her role in ‘Taken From Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story’.

She looked beautiful gracing the red carpet wearing a Randi Rahm gown.

Her beaded gown with crystal web-like sequin and crystal diamante detailing was teamed with a silver clutch.

With side swept bangs she completed her look with silver eye shadow, pink lippie and diamond studded earrings.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Regina King In Romona Keveza - 2012 NAACP Image Awards

Regina King In Romona Keveza – 2012 NAACP Image Awards

11 Responses to Taraji P. Henson In Randi Rahm – 2012 NAACP Image Awards

1. EmmaWoodhouse February 19, 2012 at 5:53 pm #

This dress is weird imo. It looks kind of like distressed chainmail…

2. tiffany nicole February 19, 2012 at 4:14 am #

what catwoman wore to the ball. Purrrfect!

3. Nat39 February 18, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

I can only blame the camera angle for this – she doesn’t just look short, it’s almost as if her legs were cut off altogether somewhere below the calves, and she’s missing the rest of her legs.
    But the look itself is well executed.

• Sarah February 19, 2012 at 12:02 am #

The camera angle is just awful

4. Rebecca Z February 18, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

It is a gorgeous dress, but I agree that it shortens her. she is such a pretty woman.

5. Alina February 18, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

Her Grammy look was a disaster, but this one is pretty good.

• Hannah February 18, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

I agree, she has looked pretty bad recently, so this is a sigh of relief. I’m hoping that this is the begining of her going back to how well she dressed in 2010.

• 2eachhisown February 18, 2012 at 10:55 pm #

I have seen disaster and Taraji’s Grammy look was just beautiful and elegant IMO. As she rightly said you cannot please everybody. Her look here is excellent. I loved her hair as well. I must say, she deserved that Award. Great actress.

• Fashion Critic February 18, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

I have to agree with Hannah and Alina, I hated Taraji’s Grammy look.

6. mattison February 18, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

The dress is beautiful, but I feel like it would look better on someone taller. Her clutch also seems a bit oversized. Christina Ricci needs to step forward and hold a class at the Learning Annex for petite women who want to appear Amazonian on the red carpet.

• Marybeth February 18, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

Excellent point.
      (She looks quite beautiful nevertheless —and I am so pleased she won the award for “Taken From Me,” as she was so good in it.)