[glam_ad size="push"]
[glam_ad size="med"]

23.12.14 Best Of

Designer of the Year & Couturier of the Year 2014 – Elie Saab

Designer of the Year – Elie Saab

It likely comes as no shock that the man responsible for the gown goddesses of the year and who has once again landed your vote for designer and couturier of the year is none other than Elie Saab, with 2014 marking his fourth year to top our Best Of charts.

What is always a delightful surprise, though, is the Lebanese designer’s wonderland of confections that never ceases to sweep us off our feet—this year more than ever with fresh takes on glamour via stunning silhouettes, bold prints, and beautiful colours.

The whimsical fairytale he weaves within his designs made a gown especially magical for the ‘Maleficent’ premiere where Elle Fanning was every bit the princess. The enchantment of his embellishment was also seen with Evan Rachel Wood’s emerald-green number at the Vanity Fair Oscars Party.

But it wasn’t all about the beading this year. Such brilliant numbers as Naomi Watts’ cobalt-blue jumpsuit and the glorious, couture ombre creation, worked to perfection by Lily Collins at the Rome Film Festival, broke the more repetitive rhythm of the glittery gowns.

Indeed King Elie is nothing less than fashion royalty, beloved by red-carpet darlings the world over, and he reigns over the most glamorous of premieres, the glossiest parties and, of course, the unforgettable dazzle of awards season.

Designer of the Year Runner Up: Oscar de la Renta
Couturier of the Year Runner Up: Ralph & Russo

Couturier of the Year 2014

Credit: Getty

Street Style Star 2014 – Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Street Style Star 2014 – Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Fashionista of 2014 – Olivia Palermo

Fashionista of 2014 – Olivia Palermo

11 Responses to Designer of the Year & Couturier of the Year 2014 – Elie Saab

1. Christine December 23, 2014 at 12:05 #

I agree with Designer of the Year but not couturier. I chose Ralph and Russo. Here’s hoping we something new from Elie Saab next year!

• Zineb December 23, 2014 at 12:54 #

That’s what voting is for. We all voted for different people and whether one agrees or not, Elie won the majority of votes.
      And he is the best of the best, a designer whose creations can simply NEVER make a celebrity look bad, even though Rita Ora managed somehow to do so…

2. Alina December 23, 2014 at 12:18 #

My Couturier of the year was Atelier Versace. It seemed right to vote for the brand that dressed my top 2 of the year.

Elie Saab had a great year and I appreciate the fact that there were some memorable looks from him (Halle and Lilly being my favourites), but I do hope that his new collections will come with different colours and ideas.

3. Valissa December 23, 2014 at 13:14 #

Despite how repetitive Elie Saab can be I can never fault him. He’s not groundbreaking nor is he a risk taker but he understands beauty and glamour more than any other designer and I appreciate that.
    He definetly deserves to win designer/couturier of the year!

4. pinksugar December 23, 2014 at 15:28 #

I am not surprised Elie Saab won on this site but I think hands down it should go to Oscar. He gave us one elegant final year of his life. I also agree with the above comment that Ralph & Russo should have gotten couturier of the year. They put out some amazing pieces in 2014.

5. Nat39 December 23, 2014 at 16:52 #

Giambattista Valli and Rosie Assoulin’s innovative designs kept me more interested than Saab, and voted Ralph and Russo for couturier – exquisite execution with a little bit special extra, like Carina Lau’s unique and enticing pink cocktail dress which I’d gladly add to my BDOTY top 10 or most recently Olga Kurylenko (it was between the 2 for me) and quite a few other brilliant pieces…

That being said, there is no denying, Elie Saab is a worthy winner.

6. Lee December 23, 2014 at 16:57 #

I voted for Valentino for couturier this year. Exquisite detailing and many many many looks copied by high-street retailers. Also, many celebrities were all about Valentino this year.

7. chloe December 23, 2014 at 22:00 #

very well deserved, Elie Saab will always make women look gorgeous in his designs

8. bflyk December 24, 2014 at 00:41 #

I voted Elie Saab for couturier, but for me, Zac Posen had an amazing year on the Red Carpet!!

9. Dhppy December 24, 2014 at 23:06 #

I really felt this was Zuhair Murad’s year.

10. Faye December 26, 2014 at 03:28 #

?????
    His designs are so boring and repetitive, I still can’t believe people really like them…