17.05.14

Poppy Delevingne Weds James Cook In Chanel Couture

Poppy Delevingne Weds James Cook In Chanel CouturePoppy Delevingne wed longtime beau James Cook on Friday (May 16) in what certainly was a glorious occasion at St. Paul’s Church in Knightsbridge, London.

She was the epitome of a beautiful and blushing bride, walking down the aisle in a Chanel Couture wedding gown—a masterwork of magical floral embroidery, lace and beading, all cascading into a long, romantic train.

Much like Poppy’s signature style, this confection stepped just sideways of traditional with its structured mini-dress-like top half and style-forward sheer skirting from the thigh down.

The design came off as fresh and effortless—yet still so very elegant—despite its intricate level of detail. Her styling, including the light wisp of a veil, soft blonde waves and radiant makeup, was just as graceful.

As rightly pointed out by many of you, Blake Lively wore this same dress to the Green Lantern LA premiere back in 2011.

Cara Delevingne ChanelPoppy’s sister, Cara Delevingne, stood by her side as maid of honour on the big day.

She also donned a Chanel design, which echoed the simple yet chic vibe set by the day’s main gown.

The white V-neck dress featured an open keyhole back and panels of sheer chiffon for a breezy, romantic quality, which was countered via the pop of her dual-colour sandals.

It’s actually quite a change to see Cara in a softer look such as this, given her edgier fashion personality. And while she was lovely, she was in no danger of outshining the bride.

With bride and maid of honour both in white, Poppy and Cara were much like Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and Pippa Middleton at the royal wedding.

Credit: FameFlynet

Fergie's Stella McCartney 'Estelle' Silk Blouse, Stella McCartney Heart Print Shorts And Fergie 'Daphne' Sandals

Fergie’s Stella McCartney ‘Estelle’ Silk Blouse, Stella McCartney Heart Print Shorts And Fergie ‘Daphne’ Sandals

Naomi Watts In Marchesa - Charles Finch Filmmakers Dinner

Naomi Watts In Marchesa – Charles Finch Filmmakers Dinner

19 Responses to Poppy Delevingne Weds James Cook In Chanel Couture

1. Alina May 17, 2014 at 04:09 #

I am a fan of more traditional wedding gowns, but I can’t deny how beautiful Poppy looks here.

Cara’s dress is beautiful and flowy. I like it.

• Yeliz May 17, 2014 at 08:27 #

I agree on all points.

• Christine May 17, 2014 at 13:33 #

• Schuy May 17, 2014 at 18:35 #

• Grace Patricia May 17, 2014 at 19:06 #

+4. I wouldn’t wear a dress like this, but I love everything about her look. Also Cara’s.

• Lee Ann May 17, 2014 at 19:44 #

+ 5. why do i get the feeling she will look back in 20 years and think why did I wear that?

2. SkirtTheIssue May 17, 2014 at 04:35 #

Poppy looks beautiful, I am not a huge Chanel fan, but this just suits her perfectly! (in fact the only other Chanel outfit I can remember loving was Poppy in the tweed hot pants- she is definitely a great muse for the brand!)

3. effieee May 17, 2014 at 05:01 #

Isn’t this from the Spring 2009 Couture collection? I think I recall Blake Lively wearing it to the LA Premiere of The Green Lantern.

I always felt like the gown was a tad bridal; it really suits Poppy’s style and she looks lovely. Cara also looks lovely, but I’m not feeling the sandals and the eye makeup is a bit heavy.

• Olya May 17, 2014 at 10:32 #

No this is not it. Blake had a similar dress.

4. Prudence May 17, 2014 at 05:58 #

Unfortunately, Blake Lively basically wore the same dress to a premiere back when she was the face of something Chanel. It might not be the exact same appliques, but its pretty darn close. She looks nice though.

5. Lila May 17, 2014 at 07:36 #

This is beautiful! Poppy looks romantic and ethereal. I’m not sure I realized that you could make fairy-like polished and elegant but she did it.

Cara looks hungover. It’s hard to look graceful when you look like you have on last night’s makeup.

6. Iva May 17, 2014 at 09:42 #

I like both Poppy’s and Cara’s look.
    Simple hair and makeup and non-traditional wedding gown on Poppy look great.
    I like the dress and the shoes on Cara, however, I believe her makeup could have been little less heavy for this occasion.

7. Noemi May 17, 2014 at 10:10 #

I’m not a big fan of this dress, when when it comes to wedding we all have different taste. I like Cara’s dress but the makeup is really heavy.
    I think the suit of James Cook needed a better fit.

8. Randa May 17, 2014 at 12:05 #

hmmm the dress no…and the veil surely no no…you can’t have a veil hang like that from straight hair…it should be hanging on a bun, a chignon, something.
    Or placed on the hair like a “Cap” if the hair was left untied.
    As for Cara, I think she should’ve picked another color…it’s her sister who is getting married, she can’t steel the whiteness :/

9. amy May 17, 2014 at 14:20 #

I dislike this style of dress but the bride looks happy, it’s all that matters. Poppy is glowing. congrats!

10. Tracy L May 17, 2014 at 14:32 #

To my surprise, I love this bridal gown. She looks beautiful. I generally do not like the sheer dress trend, but here I really like it.

11. Quinn May 17, 2014 at 16:24 #

I love it. This dress is so her! Yup, I too remember Blake wearing something similar but I hated on her, but I love this on Poppy. And surprisingly, it works as a bridal gown.

12. justme May 17, 2014 at 18:06 #

The dress definitely works better for a wedding than for a premiere. She looks lovely.

13. eminere May 18, 2014 at 03:17 #

LOL Cara looks desperately unhappy.