16.05.14 Premiere

"The Captive" Premiere - The 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Just as we hoped, Blake Lively joined husband Ryan Reynolds on the red carpet for the premiere of his latest movie ‘Captives’ during Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 16) in Cannes, France.

Working black and white in unison, the couple blew me away.

She wore a Gucci Première black and white silk crepe fifties-inspired strapless gown featuring a full skirt and a dramatic train, while he wore Gucci black satin peak lapel one-button Signoria tuxedo with a white evening shirt, white satin bowtie, black silk cummerbund and white leather laceups.

While I prefer Blake’s first Gucci Première gown, I don’t think she has ever looked more beautiful than she did tonight. I have goosebumps on my goosebumps.

It’s like looking at a couple from Hollywood’s golden age, they complemented each other so well.

Blake wore over 180 cts in Lorraine Schwartz diamonds including 20 ct diamond studs, two diamond necklaces, a natural pearl and unheated ruby and diamond bracelet and her own Lorraine Schwartz pink diamond engagement ring.

Ryan wore a pink gold ‘Octo’ Bulgari watch with black alligator strap.

Credit: Getty

Cameron Diaz' Iro 'Clark' Top And Band of Outsiders Shrunken Blazer

Cameron Diaz’ Iro ‘Clark’ Top And Band of Outsiders Shrunken Blazer

Rosario Dawson In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Captives’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Rosario Dawson In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Captives’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

70 Responses to Blake Lively In Gucci Première & Ryan Reynolds In Gucci – ‘Captives’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Joe May 16, 2014 at 23:23 #

She should have worn this to the Met Gala……

Its more Charles James than the nude gown, which would have worked equally well here.

• Catherine Kallon May 16, 2014 at 23:30 #

You make a very good point.

• Fiona - Perth May 17, 2014 at 01:13 #

My thoughts exactly – this is beautiful, love it.

• Nat39 May 17, 2014 at 04:31 #

Perhaps, she found out what SJP’s look was going to be (the black and white gown, the voluminous ‘do) and switched, even Ryan with the white bow-tie and all…and we are looking at their actual Met gala outfits:) No matter, the look can be equally epic on either occasion.

• HM May 17, 2014 at 10:22 #

My thoughts exactly! But my theory is they did this on purpose. I think Blake & Ryan knew that they couldn’t possibly top off the other power couples present at the Met (i.e. Beyonce & Jay-Z, David & Victoria, etc.) so they decided to switch the looks! A little fashion conspiracy (Lol!) but she looks divine non-the-less. Now excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor…

• Noemi May 17, 2014 at 10:12 #

My thought exactly, this gown would have been perfect, but I think that Cannes is a better showcase than the Met Gala, which is becoming a circus, unfortunately.

• Markness May 19, 2014 at 03:54 #

My guess is Anna had something to do with it. She’s very close with Blake and as we all know, Anna approves of every outfit. :D

2. Marie Martell May 16, 2014 at 23:23 #

I feel the exact same way! I have goose bumps! This dress is breathtaking! I love it! She looks absolutely beautiful.

xo

• sara May 16, 2014 at 23:39 #

AGREED! Stunning…. Im in awe :)

• Susan N. May 16, 2014 at 23:57 #

FC, I saw your tweet and I completely agree-perfection. Both look absolutely stunning.

• Jess2 May 17, 2014 at 06:46 #

I couldn’t agree more, covered in goosebumps. They are both so perfect it is almost unnatural but in such an amazing way!

• Grace Patricia May 17, 2014 at 19:15 #

I guess I’ve just seen one of that red carpet momeents that is going to be remembered for ages.

Goosebumps forever.

I can’t even believe that she could ever look this level of gourgeousness.

• Grace Patricia May 17, 2014 at 19:17 #

Can’t stop looking at their pictures. Almost crying here.

3. Yeliz May 16, 2014 at 23:25 #

Wow, wow, WOW. This is the true wow moment I’m waiting for since Day 1. This is old Hollywood glamour at its finest. She looks SPECTACULAR. I’m blown away by this flawless look and my excitement is indescribable, I can’t calm down. She definitely deserves a spot on my personal BDOTY list. And they also look perfect as a couple. J’adore.

FC, I was refreshing the page every two minutes since approx 1 hour just for this post and finally it’s here. :)

• Catherine Kallon May 16, 2014 at 23:30 #

ha…I was waiting for confirmation as it’s not a runway piece…I don’t like to guess..sorry to keep you waiting :)

• Yeliz May 16, 2014 at 23:38 #

Doesn’t matter at all, it was worth the wait. :) I just couldn’t wait to share my excitement here.

• Catherine Kallon May 17, 2014 at 00:04 #

OH and I was waiting for a the perfect picture

• Yeliz May 17, 2014 at 00:06 #

You did a great job there, that picture is indeed perfect, I love it.

• Jess2 May 17, 2014 at 06:48 #

+1 definitely worth the wait!

4. scarlett May 16, 2014 at 23:26 #

I’ve never been one to gush over Blake’s style but this is just breathtaking. Proper old school glamour done Cannes style, both of them. I will say I sort of wish they’d done this look for the Met Gala and worn the Met look here. Anyway, it’s the winner of the week so far but a mile.

• Valissa May 16, 2014 at 23:32 #

I thought the same thing. This fits the MET theme more.
      I’m not crazy about this only because I’m not a fan of big, puffy ball gowns. But I can appreciate it…Blake went all out and upped the glamour factor and she did if well overall!

• justme May 16, 2014 at 23:37 #

“I sort of wish they’d done this look for the Met Gala and worn the Met look here”

True, very true.

5. Zex May 16, 2014 at 23:27 #

She looks divine, perfect body. Reminds me of Julia Roberts Oscar winning night dress…

6. Rumour May 16, 2014 at 23:27 #

Just an other big gown on an other blonde woman: I don’t think it is exciting at all… Why do we see all pins in her hair?

• Erin May 17, 2014 at 03:50 #

I love the dress but agree on the hair- the pins are sloppy, and I don’t think they are intentional

7. glamaholic14 May 16, 2014 at 23:31 #

por fin empiezo a ver el brillo de Cannes !!! que mejor que “presentarse en sociedad” que en Cannes y en la gala Met. Congrats !!!

8. justme May 16, 2014 at 23:35 #

I fully agree with the old Hollywood glamour comment. So far, Cannes han’t given me the drama I enjoy. So I’m very grateful that Blake picked a big gown.
    That being said, I’d be lying if I pretended to be in love with this look. The white fabric is a bit awkward and her chignon is way too big.

But for the overall effort and vibe, she gets a thumb up :)

9. Christine May 16, 2014 at 23:36 #

They both look so cute on the red carpet. The dress is grand and spectacular.

10. Nat39 May 16, 2014 at 23:46 #

YES! This is the drama I’ve been waiting for! Elegant with modern crisp lines and Cannes-worthy drama, not to mention the amazing silhouette. This just proves my point that her Gucci at the opening was way overrated – it wasn’t even an opening-worthy look, this look far exceeds it on the grand festival scale.

• Nat39 May 17, 2014 at 00:13 #

…and I simply adore the flawless structure of the gown and her glamorous presentation is wonderful.

11. firien May 16, 2014 at 23:49 #

Actually, I’m not blown away by the gown, but the styling makes it perfect. Ryan really showed off his inner James Dean. :)

And by the way, they look lovely together.

12. kimberley May 16, 2014 at 23:51 #

I think the lady in the background in the black and white dress is the real stunner. LOL . Blake looks amazing! I’m surprised to see a gown like that from Gucci, but great job all around!

• Mne May 17, 2014 at 03:06 #

Rude. Comments like are why girls have eating disorders. Why can’t you just stick to the positives and compliment blake

• Erin May 17, 2014 at 03:48 #

Is that a joke? I take it it is, because of the LOL- that’s a really unpleasant thing to say and totally uncalled for

• towanda May 17, 2014 at 16:25 #

that’s not funny rude

13. Rene May 17, 2014 at 00:18 #

BDOTY!

14. pinksugar May 17, 2014 at 00:26 #

It takes a real fashionista to keep up with Cate Blanchett but Blake is doing it. She has blown me away. This is beautiful, old Hollywood perfection.

• Linda May 17, 2014 at 02:49 #

Yes, she sure is bringing it. She might be my darling of Cannes this year. This is so classically glamorous, she looks like royalty.

15. Anita May 17, 2014 at 00:41 #

I asked for variety, and she is giving it to me. She has really exceeded my expectations and I hope she keeps doing it.

16. Prudence May 17, 2014 at 00:43 #

She should have done a gown swap, this would have been great for the MET, while her Met dress is perfect for Cannes. I am not as blown away as the majority, I do not think this style of dress is very flattering on her, I also find the placement of the white part makes her look wider and I do not like her hair from the back. Oh and all that jewelry was overkill. Overall this is good but not fantastic.

17. Betelgeuze May 17, 2014 at 00:48 #

I can’t. I’m done.

Cate Blanchett and Blake Lively at Cannes, both at their very best. We are not worthy.

18. FER May 17, 2014 at 00:50 #

I just can’t.

This is perfection personified.

19. Mm May 17, 2014 at 01:05 #

So lovely. They are the best dressed couple of the year so far.

• Fiona-Brasil May 17, 2014 at 03:02 #

20. amy May 17, 2014 at 01:09 #

really nice.

21. Jones19 May 17, 2014 at 01:09 #

WOW they look so perfect together! Blake is just radiant, never looked more beautiful. Bellissimo!

22. anna May 17, 2014 at 01:29 #

Look at these two, pretending they’re hollywood royalty. They’re not even good actors but I guess cannes is the perfect place to play pretend.

23. TL May 17, 2014 at 01:34 #

She totally wowed us during this Cannes film festival. She looks breath taking and glamorous. The jewelry are gorgeous, but the necklace is a bit too much for me. Overall, with Ryan by her side, it’s a A+++++.

24. Joy May 17, 2014 at 01:51 #

Wow!!! Like everyone else I’m completely speechless. This is stunning, captivating and complete PERFECTION! It’s just too good to put into words.

25. Pedro May 17, 2014 at 02:34 #

Wow wow WOW!

Blake can do no wrong! That’s what i call perfection!
    She already has 3 BDOTY!

26. Linda May 17, 2014 at 02:50 #

This is a contender for BDOTY, strong.

27. dee May 17, 2014 at 03:49 #

She looks so glamourous. This is my favorite look from her so far at Cannes. I agree this would have been better at the met gala.

28. Alina May 17, 2014 at 04:01 #

I like this only from the waist up. There’s something about the skirt that I don’t like.

29. dedel May 17, 2014 at 07:24 #

Oh my this is the kind of dress I needed to see in Cannes. Defintekly “go big or go home” she looks AMAZING !

• dedel May 17, 2014 at 07:40 #

* definitely

30. Dil May 17, 2014 at 07:53 #

My eyes popped right out ! She is exquisite!

31. Cris May 17, 2014 at 09:54 #

First of all, really appreciated your continuous coverage RC! I mean you are one of the very bloggers that provide extensive coverage on various red-carpet events. Anyways I reckon that was a really lovely dress, and a good fit on her, but no offensive, other than seeing her as a spokeswoman for L’oreal, I personally don’t see the point of her turning up on redcarpet especially in a film festival, in some ways I just can’t take her seriously as an actress, let alone the fact that she is only going to have one movie out next year, after a series of failure in role castings. I don’t see a marriage to an A-lister, walking redcarpets and breast enlargement can enhance her career to anywhere.

• Leona May 17, 2014 at 11:00 #

Agree with you completely on all points

• fatima May 18, 2014 at 10:43 #

Finally, someone said it! Thank you Cris.

32. chryssa May 17, 2014 at 10:33 #

i guess i’m the only one but i absolutely dislike the dress..i mean she looks beautiful from the waist up but a big no to the dress.

33. PnP May 17, 2014 at 11:52 #

What is it with Blake Lively?! Third BDOTY contender…this girl is on fire. Love her!

34. Andreea May 17, 2014 at 12:57 #

She’s such a stunner.

35. EmmaWoodhouse May 17, 2014 at 13:53 #

Beautiful and dramatic. They both look great. The dress, I agree with some others, is very Charles James–but it works for Cannes as well. The notched neckline is not my *favorite* but she is glowing.

36. Rahul May 17, 2014 at 14:31 #

I am in awe of Blake’s beauty for the very first time. Even Ryan has never looked better in my view. As gorgeous as the couple looks, I’m not entirely sold on the gown. I should have been especially when the styling is impeccable.

37. towanda May 17, 2014 at 14:51 #

she attended to support her husband , and she’s a plusone right? all i see she steals all attention . So i find this inappropriate but i admit she looks wonderful

38. La-Shaun May 17, 2014 at 16:36 #

This is just perfection!

39. Sandy May 17, 2014 at 16:48 #

Stunning and flawless. They look adorable and so in love..

40. eminere May 18, 2014 at 03:19 #

I’m sorry but this such a dated looking gown. Not feeling it at all.

And Ryan’s lace ups are black, not white.

• fatima May 18, 2014 at 10:42 #

I don’t get the big deal with this dress. There’s a lot of hype and hysteria surrounding her fashion.

41. Cheryl May 21, 2014 at 19:17 #

They were the most well dressed couple at Cannes. But her look here is not perfect. I think if the white part was pulled back a bit, leaving more black to be seen, you wouldn’t have a dress that half the time would picture great and other times, meh.