03.03.14

Margot Robbie In Saint Laurent – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Margot Robbie In Saint Laurent - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Margot Robbie was pretty much unrecognisable at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscar party on Sunday (March 2) in West Hollywood, California.

That’s because the blonde is no longer. She’s now a working a dark brunette shade.

She gave the new hue its first outing by wearing a Saint Laurent black strapless gown.

With enriching embellishments on the bodice and a bow detail at the back, she accessorized with Forevermark diamonds.

I hope the new hair will grow on me soon.

Credit: Getty

Rita Ora In Miu Miu - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Rita Ora In Miu Miu – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Lady Gaga In Atelier Versace - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Lady Gaga In Atelier Versace – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

18 Responses to Margot Robbie In Saint Laurent – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

1. Anne Gallagher March 3, 2014 at 22:50 #

She actually looks pretty good as a brunette. I like the dress as well.

2. Bec March 3, 2014 at 22:55 #

I saw photos of her at the Oscars ceremony and she had a dark plum lip and it was just way too heavy with her hair and black dress….She looks much better here and I don’t mind the brunette locks at all.

3. Nat39 March 3, 2014 at 22:56 #

Much prefer her as a blonde, she stands out more. The gown is nice but the bow at the back design has been done to death, I’m a bit bored.

4. dressaddict March 3, 2014 at 23:00 #

Yeap, I didn’t recognise her at the main event either, she wore the same dress.

5. mana March 3, 2014 at 23:11 #

She looks prettier blonde, now she looks like miranda cosgrove.

6. kk March 3, 2014 at 23:12 #

she looks UNattractive with the new color, hate it. she went from a sexy blonde to a run-of-the-mill brunette

7. Christine March 3, 2014 at 23:24 #

Matronly and like her better as a blode

• Christine March 3, 2014 at 23:24 #

blonde

8. Yeliz March 3, 2014 at 23:28 #

Well, I think it’ll take time to get used to her as a brunette. Here she looks very elegant IMO, I like it.

9. lyka March 4, 2014 at 01:07 #

The brunette is for a role she’s working on, so she’ll be back to blonde in not too long. Hair color aside, I just find this look unflattering and uninspired. She’s certainly done way better than this before.

10. Anj March 4, 2014 at 01:42 #

I saw pics of her and I love the back of this dress with the bow. The front, not so much. It makes her look boxy from the front.

11. cherrysoftness March 4, 2014 at 01:48 #

This was her Oscar debut as a star, I wish she waited until afterwards to darken her hair. There will be a lot of moviegoers who saw Wolf Of Wallstreet and thought Margot Robbie was great, that would’ve wanted to see Margot Robbie in the Oscars. Making herself unrecognizable could mean making her easy to miss and losing that connection.

• Camille March 5, 2014 at 17:08 #

I so agree. Wear a dark wig until after the Oscar’s, because she missed a HUGE opportunity by making herself unrecognizable. She’s the new blonde ‘it’ girl, starring in an Oscar nominated film with heavy weights DiCaprio and Scorsese. Everyone is looking for the gorgeous blonde bombshell from Wolf of Wall Street and she’s in freakin disguise???? Bad decision.

I am looking forward to the movie she’s currently filming. Z for Zachariah was one of my fav books in school. Just sad she looked so goth for the red carpet and not even a very pretty or memorable look for her.

12. lin March 4, 2014 at 04:15 #

Can’t say I like her as a brunette. Like the back of the dress a lot, but not the front which doesn’t flatter her.

13. anjos March 4, 2014 at 04:33 #

What a boring dress. Brown hair is probably just for a role, but needs to be said. Some people stand out more as brunette, some as blonde. She’s definitely the latter.

14. Alina March 4, 2014 at 04:54 #

The look is kinda boring and I don’t like her as a brunette.

15. justme March 4, 2014 at 14:09 #

There’s no way in Hell this girl is 23, come on now.
    She looks better as a blonde but the problem is her eyebrows. They’re way too harsh.

16. EmmaWoodhouse March 4, 2014 at 14:23 #

Much better blonde, I think. Also the detail at the back of the dress isn’t flattering. Kind of a snooze overall.