Diane Kruger In Chanel - 'The Galapagos Affair Satan Came to Eden' Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Following the photocall earlier in the day, Diane Kruger attended ‘The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden’ premiere during the 64th Berlinale International Film Festival held at Haus der Berliner Festspiele on Monday (February 10) in Berlin, Germany.

The German actress donned a beautiful Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 ensemble featuring a crisp white shirt accented with a smaller black bow plus a collarless jacket and a sheer-hemmed skirt decorated with red, white and blue star appliqués.

Accessorizing with a black clutch, on this occasion the footwear was much improved as the blonde beauty selected her favourite black Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ strappy sandals.

Keeping the ’40s rolled updo from the photocall, her makeup was even more flawless this time around.

While this look isn’t too unexpected, the presentation and styling is impeccable; guaranteeing her a spot on the BDOTW list.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Adèle Exarchopoulos In Valentino - 'La Belle et La Bete' Paris Premiere

Adèle Exarchopoulos In Valentino – ‘La Belle et La Bete’ Paris Premiere

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab - 'The Better Angels' Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab – ‘The Better Angels’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

38 Responses to Diane Kruger In Chanel – ‘The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

1. Miguel Angel February 10, 2014 at 17:37 #

Sometimes I feel her sytle is a little overrated. IMO she looks like a librarian in the disco era. I think it’s a little costumey.

I liked better her photocall look and It’s so much BDOTW worthy.

• justme February 10, 2014 at 17:56 #

Her style is definitely overrated imo.

• Tina February 10, 2014 at 19:51 #

Same. Lately her choices have not been able to wow me at all. I remember in 2012 her Cannes choices were really good, but that’t honestly the last time any of her looks have been spectacular imo.

2. Alina February 10, 2014 at 17:37 #

It’s exactly what we’ve come to expect from Diane – classy, but interesting. Even if it’s not the BDOTY contender I was hoping for, I like it and it’s certainly a BDOTW contender.

• François Bresmal February 10, 2014 at 22:50 #

Yes, for me too! It was one of my fave outfits from this collection, glad I already have to see it on the red carpet!

3. Nat39 February 10, 2014 at 17:47 #

This look is like a wild hybrid of party and matronly. Sequins and sheerness on the one side and a crisp shirt and a bow on the other. A glitzy loud librarian costume (agree with Miguel above).

• Miguel Angel February 10, 2014 at 22:57 #

THANKS :)

4. Iva February 10, 2014 at 17:55 #

I love, LOVE this look from the ankles up.
    I think different shoes would have worked better.

• LeeAnn February 10, 2014 at 19:23 #

Agree the shoes are far to delicate

5. Noemi February 10, 2014 at 18:04 #

Berlin, winter… why those sandals? Besides the shoes there’s something I don’t like about this look, maybe the shirt and the bow.

6. sara February 10, 2014 at 18:07 #

look i LOVE diane style but this look is really not that good for BDOTW let alone BDOTY.

7. the ogre February 10, 2014 at 18:11 #

I really like how she keeps it interesting every time she steps onto the red carpet. I like this look head-to-toe and only because she has the ability and style to wear this and still look as if she was born doing this. A look like this is difficult to interpret and bring onto the red carpet but she does it and does it well!

• admmgz February 10, 2014 at 22:42 #

8. Yeliz February 10, 2014 at 18:14 #

I expected her to wow me but sadly that’s not the case. I don’t like this look.

9. from-chitown February 10, 2014 at 18:28 #

This does not wow me. It is a very unusual choice, and a difficult one to pull off. She manages to pull it off well, but it baffles me that she would choose this.

10. Rosanna February 10, 2014 at 18:31 #

Perfection.

11. Laura February 10, 2014 at 18:33 #

I find this so ugly….

12. kane February 10, 2014 at 18:34 #

This is more typically Diane: impeccably executed and yet I’m not wowed.

13. Rebecca Z February 10, 2014 at 19:17 #

I find this really unattractive, top to bottom. The hairstyle is so matronly and not flattering to her at all. She and Heidi Klum both show up with these weird retro uupdos–must be a German thing. The outfit is, as was noted by Nat 39, a bizarre combination of party girl and straight-laced. I just don’t get any of this. You could populate an entire BDOTW poll from the Goya awards and every one of them would be way more worthy than this.

• shap_half February 10, 2014 at 19:46 #

I actually thought that the Goya looks were predictable and overwrought. Perhaps I’m in the minority, because except maybe two looks, I really felt that so many of the actresses overcooked their presentation, which you never really can say about Diane, despite the less-than-stellar outing this time around.

• Kathy February 10, 2014 at 22:33 #

Agreed. The Goya looks were textbook awards-season fluff that, while pretty, weren’t memorable in the least. At least Diane injects personality into what she wears and has a distinct style of her own.

• Nat39 February 10, 2014 at 21:43 #

Top to bottom unattractive, totally agree. I don’t care who the wearer is, she looks plain ridiculous.

14. liz February 10, 2014 at 19:20 #

She can do now wrong. Bow.

15. Anj February 10, 2014 at 19:25 #

I don’t usually like her style but something is always off. However, I’m blown away by this look. It’s the best I’ve seen her in a very long time.

16. therese sawan February 10, 2014 at 19:38 #

too busy, wrong shoes.

17. shap_half February 10, 2014 at 19:42 #

Wow, what a divisive look. I think it’s ok. She styled well, which can be expected from Diane, but still not AMAZING.

18. dee February 10, 2014 at 19:54 #

I really don’t like this waist up. I think she should have worn the skirt with pumps and another top. The hair doesn’t bother me.

19. Christine February 10, 2014 at 19:59 #

She wore this better than the model! BDOTW worthy of course.

20. Emmy February 10, 2014 at 20:51 #

Love!

21. Camille February 10, 2014 at 20:57 #

This looks is just ‘off’ somehow. The top is sort of like a matador’s outfit, maybe its the string tie, versus the runway looks thicker bow. I actually think boots would have been better than the shoes. I don’t know, it’s just ‘off’.

22. ysh87 February 10, 2014 at 21:08 #

I love how she gravitates towards quirky combinations of textures and prints. She seems to pull them off by keeping the styling very simple.

I, for one, love this look. It could have been matronly/ frumpy if it weren’t for those sexy sandals. BTOW for me.

23. Becky February 10, 2014 at 21:47 #

This I absolutely hate, it it just terrible. I can’t beleive she wore that. it is just a mix of many different things. She looks much older than she is too.

24. AnnaLee February 10, 2014 at 22:04 #

I adore this. I think she looks perfect.

25. Kathy February 11, 2014 at 00:40 #

Amazing. Diane’s style is not everyone’s cup of tea, but I admire the fact that she’s not afraid to take risks and almost never looks boring. I just love the texture and the embellishments on the jacket, and that skirt is DIVINE. The two pieces work so well together without being completely matchy-matchy (which would have been too easy for Diane anyway).

26. Valeria February 11, 2014 at 06:04 #

It’s a no. It’s totally off, not edgy-but just off, and one look on runway is enough to see that. And somehow it manages to age her drastically!

27. Denise February 11, 2014 at 07:25 #

I only like the skirt. I find it heavenly and edgy at the same time. As for the shirt and jacket combo I think it is too much. I don’t like her styling. She was going for an elegant look, not edgy like the model. She should have only kept the skirt with a different top IMO.

28. Markness February 11, 2014 at 12:52 #

Super love this look from head to toe. She works this look! She is just so consistent. How does she do it? She doesn’t have a stylist right? Gosh! I wish I could be Diane Kruger. LOL. I don’t get the negative reactions. She looks young and fresh. Love you gurl, keep it up! ;)

29. Joy February 11, 2014 at 19:09 #

I really don’t know how I feel about this. First, Diane can wear Chanel like no other. But, I really can’t decide if I like it. The bow tie is what’s causing me problems. Her hairstyle with the bow makes it all very masculine, which maybe is what she was going for?