Katy Perry In Valentino Couture – 2014 Grammy Awards

Katy Perry In Valentino Couture Grammy Awards 2014

Katy Perry, as usual, rocked the red carpet on Sunday (January 26) at the 2014 Grammy Awards at the Los Angeles Staples Center.

A big night for Katy, as she’s nominated for Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance, the songstress wore Valentino Spring 2014 Couture.

While the dress was off the runway it seemed as if it were made for the singer, as it was all things Katy: a little bit of glamour mixed with a little bit of kitchy and sense of humor.

The confection of a gown was made of romantic white tulle with structural wisps of fabric on the shoulders and wrists. The fabric created a feminine cross-hatch design across the bust, which helped define the pop singer’s hourglass figure. And of course the work-of-art-like focus of the gown was the inclusion of musical notes on the skirt.

Katy accessorized with two jewel-hued cocktail rings which matched her glamorous chandelier earrings and Christian Louboutin ‘Bollywood Boulevard’ pumps. In the beauty department, the singer kept her makeup luminous in nude shades with a ballerina-inspired oversized and braided bun.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab - 2014 Grammy Awards

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab – 2014 Grammy Awards

Elizabeth 's Chloé Candyfloss Sweater

Elizabeth ‘s Chloé Candyfloss Sweater

38 Responses to Katy Perry In Valentino Couture – 2014 Grammy Awards

1. Christine January 27, 2014 at 01:14 #

I probably would’ve liked this more if it were sleeveless.

2. Taylahre January 27, 2014 at 01:16 #

I was so desperate for someone to wear this gown to the Grammys , I’m so glad it was katy :D

3. Taylahre January 27, 2014 at 01:18 #

I was so desperate for someone to wear this to the Grammys , I’m so glad it was katy :)

4. alvaro_spain January 27, 2014 at 01:19 #

Horrible! although the hair and make up are perfect!

5. Malinda Jane January 27, 2014 at 01:25 #

I really really love it but I wish it didn’t have the extra ruffle at the wrists.

6. Fiona - Perth January 27, 2014 at 01:27 #

I love this! Perfect for Katy as it is whimsical without being too kitch, I like how it fits her – how can you not like this?

7. Nat39 January 27, 2014 at 01:27 #

Normally I’d probably complain that it’s silly and ballerina-esque but I also think that this dress is practically made for her persona and Grammys is the perfect event for her to wear it.

8. Pedro January 27, 2014 at 01:30 #

Katy looks gorgeous!!!
    Love it from H-2-T

• Fiona-Brasil January 27, 2014 at 07:08 #

9. Prudence January 27, 2014 at 01:33 #

I like it because it is such a great statement dress however some adjustments should have been made. I think it would have looked better sleeveless especially without the weird stuff around her wrist and the same weirdness on her shoulder. The hair is just okay but her makeup is lovely.

10. Amy January 27, 2014 at 01:34 #

I feel like I should love this since I absolutely adored it on the runway but it just feels a bit gimmicky when worn by Katy Perry at the Grammys. It’s lost it’s ethereal edge on her. I think it should be worn more subtly and Katy perry is anything but subtle.

• Valissa January 27, 2014 at 02:11 #

I agree completely.
      The dress was light, whimsical and beautiful on the runway. On Katy it looks fussy and pretentious.
      Not feeling it…

• cherrysoftness January 27, 2014 at 02:47 #

That terrible hairstyle is not helping. She presented it like a costume. I would have wanted a fairy-like moment with this dress, worn by someone who saw it as a beautiful dress instead of as an opportunity.

• SkirtTheIssue January 27, 2014 at 03:08 #

Agree x1000- this dress was so soft and floaty on the runway, and Katy’s too tight hair and theatrical make-up is just too much for it. Imagine someone like Diana Kruger or Zoe Salanda in it, they would have looked just heavenly…

• stella January 27, 2014 at 10:55 #

Agree with you all, she’s wearing it like a costume..

• Amy January 27, 2014 at 17:19 #

This. She saw the opportunity and I wish she hadn’t gone for it!!

• Ahot January 27, 2014 at 07:59 #

OMG! This^.
      She is too busty for the look & the hair is NOT helping. This is what Taylor Swift should have worn, even though i liked the mesh detail on her dress. Katy just turned this from ethereal to tacktastic

• SkirtTheIssue January 27, 2014 at 11:18 #

Taylor Swift is a great suggestion to have worn this tonight- I am not a huge fan of her style, but I think she would have pulled this dress off beautifully

• Noemi January 27, 2014 at 08:16 #

I agree. The dress itself is a dream, I love all the notes and it’s inspired from Verdi’s La Traviata, so I hoped to see it on somebody else, a bit more classy. because Katy Perry is for sure a beautiful girl but not particularly chic. Also, the hairstyle is awful and aging and I think this dress would look better on somebody with smaller breasts. I’m disappointed, all I see is big boobs and a ugly hairdo. Then I see the dress.

• gabis January 27, 2014 at 12:33 #

Agree 100%. Her makeup, earrings and especially the hair totally ruined the dress.

• Sanya January 27, 2014 at 14:59 #

+100 I loved this so much on runway, probably the most beautiful dress of the collection, and I was so disappointed to see Katy wearing it. This is a gentle, subtle and playfull gown, she did no justice to the dress.

11. ash January 27, 2014 at 01:36 #

awful… not a fan of the dress and her presentation doesnt make it better.

12. Eimear O'Connor January 27, 2014 at 01:47 #

hmm… boring. WHERES RIRI?

13. chicshrieks January 27, 2014 at 01:47 #

Absolutely hate it. The gown looks too fussy on Katy, and to make matters worse, Katy’s hair and makeup took into the tacky territory. The high bun and statement earrings are just too much for this elegant gown.

14. Anj January 27, 2014 at 02:10 #

I appreciate the print for the Grammy’s but this is not a dress. This is like a 5 year old took a bunch of tulle and went crazy. It has no form and looks unfinished. This plain ugly.

15. CDC January 27, 2014 at 02:13 #

While I understand where she was going with this gown, the fit around her bust and waist is terrible; it makes her look wider when she certainly is not.

Other than that I love her makeup and jewels, and wish we could see a close-up of the shoes as they sound lovely per your description.

16. msd January 27, 2014 at 02:37 #

I don’t love the dress on her but at least it’s fun and she’s displaying some personality. I’m not feeling this red carpet so far… when did the Grammys turn into the Daytime Emmys?

17. KC January 27, 2014 at 03:00 #

I wish someone more fabulous and fashionable had worn this instead of her. She makes it just meh, and that’s a shame because it’s an awesome dress.

• admmgz January 27, 2014 at 03:32 #

• Noemi January 27, 2014 at 08:20 #

I agree 100%. Of course at Maison Valentino everybody must be very happy… one of the most important nights of music business, one of the most famous singers, but I hoped to see it on somebody who totally “fit” the brand.

18. Leo January 27, 2014 at 04:59 #

I never like what she wears, she looks silly and try-hard most of the times, but there’s something about this that is perfect for her.

19. Alina January 27, 2014 at 05:06 #

I like it better on the runway, but she looks OK.

20. Jess2 January 27, 2014 at 06:06 #

The second I saw this dress on the runway I had a strong feeling that we would see it on Katy. She looks great.

21. Yeliz January 27, 2014 at 11:59 #

Actually I think she pulls it off, even though I don’t like the sleeves. But this is such a great event appropriate look.

22. kane January 27, 2014 at 15:19 #

Something intrigues me about the idea of this dress. Doesn’t really work though.

23. Gina Huie January 27, 2014 at 16:20 #

I hate to say it, due to the fact that I adore Katy, but this dress just missed the mark for her. Sometimes dresses can look great on the runway, but just not live up to your expectations. In this case, the dress doesn’t work well with her body’s shape.

24. dee January 27, 2014 at 17:29 #

The dress does not suit her body. She is too curvy for it. Her boobs look smooshed and the dress makes her appear heavier than what she is.

25. Laura January 27, 2014 at 18:42 #

This suits her style down to a T. Plus the musical note element makes it perfect or the Grammys