19.01.14

Sofía Vergara In Donna Karan Atelier – 2014 SAG Awards

Sofía Vergara In Donna Karan Atelier - 2014 SAG Awards

Sofia Vergara was all about classic Hollywood glamour at the 2014 SAG Awards on Saturday (January 18) in Los Angeles.

The ‘Modern Family’ actress shone in silver, beaded Donna Karan Atelier that hugged her famous curves and had a low, draped back. It would have been sexier without the strap across the back but it was most likely necessary to keep Sofia’s ample bustline supported so she gets a pass on that one.

Sofia embraced a more is more philosophy by adding a statement necklace to the heavily embellished gown and finishing the look off with bouncy waves.

After making a controversial choice at the Golden Globe Awards, it was nice to see Sofia just being Sofia – a spicy, sultry bombshell.

Credit: Getty

Jane Krakowski In Roland Mouret - 2014 SAG Awards

Jane Krakowski In Roland Mouret – 2014 SAG Awards

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – 2014 SAG Awards

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – 2014 SAG Awards

20 Responses to Sofía Vergara In Donna Karan Atelier – 2014 SAG Awards

1. Christine January 19, 2014 at 01:12 #

The necklace was not needed. The dress already has bling.

• Christine January 19, 2014 at 01:12 #

Also not liking the dress. Been there done that vibe

2. ramsay January 19, 2014 at 01:13 #

It’s a big no for me – from the excess of bling, the necklace, the back to the been there done that so many times before vibe….

• SilentVisitor January 19, 2014 at 01:16 #

+1. This is so cheap even though I am pretty sure the dress and necklace are expensive

• Alina January 19, 2014 at 06:15 #

+2.

3. Anne Gallagher January 19, 2014 at 01:14 #

She looks great!

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 19, 2014 at 01:29 #

Its a no for me and her hair is looking a bit washed out. Foolishly, I always hope she will surprise us with something other than bombshell. Chiffon anyone???

5. Sara Ramos January 19, 2014 at 01:31 #

The pattern design of the sequins remind me of her 2012 Emmy dress from Zuhair Murad http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/09/24/sofia-vergara-in-zuhair-murad-2012-emmy-awards/

She looks great of course but I haven’t been excited by her choices for a very long time.

6. Dean January 19, 2014 at 02:48 #

If it’s not broken, don’t fix it! She sticks to the style that she likes, and she never looks bad. I don’t mind the bling, I think it matches her personality. Mind, I would love to see her wearing a soft-hued chiffon gown.

7. Yeliz January 19, 2014 at 09:28 #

The necklace was so unnecessary and the rest, well, it’s nothing we didn’t see before. I’m not wowed but she does look good apart from the necklace.

8. Jess2 January 19, 2014 at 10:56 #

I love Sofia but girl, step away from the necklaces!! Beautiful hair and makeup is so beautiful though and the dress is very nice. I really appreciated her step away from the usual silhouette at the Globes and I like this dress as well.

9. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2014 at 14:20 #

I feel that she has done this a million times: shiny, tacky, low-necked, tight dress; big unnecessary necklace, and fried hair.

• gabis January 20, 2014 at 14:08 #

10. kane January 19, 2014 at 15:41 #

Same old, same old.

11. Camille January 19, 2014 at 17:00 #

This dress was like a breast plate on her. When she was being interviewed you could see the entire bodice was stiff and stood away from her body in a weird way. I suppose she needs support, but I didn’t find it flattering. I don’t think the color complimented her and the necklace was too much. I didn’t care for her hair style. I just know she can do much better.

12. Sanya January 19, 2014 at 20:53 #

Typical Sofia: sexy, hot, and déjà vu :)

13. gabis January 23, 2014 at 14:52 #

Came back to comment just because I got impressed how this dress is SO very similar to the Zuhair Murad she wore to the InStyle Golden Globes post-party. But this one is strapless whilst the other has a plunging neckline. Wearing two similar dresses on two red carpets very close to each other sounds very uninspired to me. Not to mention a poor job from her stylists.