Amy Adams In Valentino – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

GG14_AmyAdams

Amy Adams graced the red carpet at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (January 12) in Beverly Hills, California.

Amy, who was nominated for her role in ‘American Hustle’ wore a gown by Valentino Haute Couture from the Shanghai collection. And despite the Asian influence of the design, Amy’s dress seemed very reminiscent of the 70’s era in which ‘American Hustle’ is set. Maybe she felt some fashion crossover with her character.

The two different hues of red felt modern compared to the traditional red bombshell-style dresses normally seen on the red carpet. Amy’s gown was a mix of sex appeal–hello, plunging neckline!–and ladylike, thanks to the soft demure skirt.

The actress accessorized wisely with Brian Atwood shoes, a long gold chain pendant necklace, and diamond drop earrings.

This is a bit of a departure from Amy’s typical red carpet style. Do you like the change?

36 thoughts on “Amy Adams In Valentino – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

1. Francois Bresmal

I’m glad too because she’s ROCKING the plunging neckline! Love the 2 tones and the beautiful chiffon skirt! I feel like you’re not excited by this look FC. You never was, by Amy, as far as I remember. Why? She looks STUNNING!

1. Yeliz

I love this look much better with the cape. Without it, I can only see the plunging neckline, which I don’t really love.

2. Nat39

I love it h2t, the look works beautifully for her, she can certainly wear a skin-baring look, the contrasting tones of red keep it fresh and modern and her styling is divine. Soft, sexy, romantic, carried off by Amy very well.

3. christine

you should add a picture of the cape she spent half of the red carpet in. very dramatic but i prefer the dress without it.

4. cherrysoftness

Oh wow. Nice to see some real glamour here, she carries the dress the best way possible, slightly retro but very elegant.

5. Serenity

I love it with the cape, and I love it without the cape. I think it was a great choice, considering her nomination was for a 70′s character/movie. It is very different for her, but she works it very convincingly. One of my favorites of the night, I think, so far.

6. Laurie

Out of all of her award show looks this one is my favorite. It’s so modern and beautiful. Also not a huge fan of her hair, but I like that it was up.

7. Aline

She looks so beautiful. I love her hairstyle and that she tried something more daring. She certainly pulls this off, one of the best of the night.

I wish I could get a full picture of her wearing the cape, there was only a glimpse of it on tv and I’m dying to see how it looked like.

8. dan oliver

I think she looks stunning I’ve seen american hustle and nearly all of Amy’s outfits are plunging neckline blouses or dresses so I’m surprised to see her go with this but I think it was a good choice.

9. kane

I really quite like this. Haven’t been a huge fan of her choices recently, but I’m glad she’s gone back to a simple, unfussed dress and the girly hairstyle goes well with it for me.