23.09.13

Kaley Cuoco In Vera Wang – 2013 Emmy Awards

Kaley Cuoco In Vera Wang - 2013 Emmy Awards

I know some of you just can’t get on board with Kaley Cuoco’s style, but I think she played it well on the red carpet for Sunday’s 2013 Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California.

The ‘Big Bang Theory’ actress wore a Vera Wang plum strapless A-line ball gown with a sheer bodice boning detail and leaf-pleated tulle skirt accented by organza scalloping, which she styled with a matching Jimmy Choo ‘Cayla’ clutch.

She’s had some red carpet mishaps in the hair department, but at this event, she opted for soft gentle waves.

On this rare occasion, the desperation for attention is not evident and there’s not quirk, so therefore, I find myself really enjoying this look.

Credit: Getty

Leslie Mann In J. Mendel - 2013 Emmy Awards

Leslie Mann In J. Mendel – 2013 Emmy Awards

Morgan Saylor In Honor - 2013 Emmy Awards

Morgan Saylor In Honor – 2013 Emmy Awards

32 Responses to Kaley Cuoco In Vera Wang – 2013 Emmy Awards

1. AnaT September 23, 2013 at 04:28 #

This is the best I have ever seen her. The dress is pretty and the hair and make-up are beautiful and do a great job of complementing the dress. Much improved!

• Alina September 23, 2013 at 05:24 #

ITA.

• Jones19 September 23, 2013 at 14:57 #

Agreed. Best ever from Kaley!

• KatieKate September 24, 2013 at 02:17 #

+3 all day long! She looks so beautiful here and I usually can’t stand her on the RC. This one AMAZING appearance redeems all her other failures for me. I am SO pleased!!

2. Kate September 23, 2013 at 04:33 #

I have to say, I really love this look! I think the color of the dress is gorgeous on her and her hair and makeup look great.

• Rashmi September 23, 2013 at 04:36 #

The color is gorgeous on her! And she has taken good efforts in the styling department. I like it!

• Denise September 23, 2013 at 06:23 #

I agree. Also the fit is great. I like the romantic vibe. So rare for Kaley.

3. Christine September 23, 2013 at 04:41 #

Not bad a look.

4. Joan September 23, 2013 at 04:41 #

This was actually one of dresses that caught my eye the most tonight. I was waiting for your post on it because I couldn’t trust myself. ;)

5. Pedro September 23, 2013 at 04:47 #

She looks gorgeous!

6. Jessica September 23, 2013 at 04:55 #

This was actually one of my favourites of the night. The colour is divine and her makeup and hair is subtle without being dull! She looks gorgeous!

7. Marybeth September 23, 2013 at 06:07 #

Beautiful!
    I’ve never seen her look so good on the red carpet.
    The dress, the styling, the hair and make-up are all wonderful.

8. Aline September 23, 2013 at 06:26 #

From what I’ve seen so far, along with Julianne, she’s my favorite of the night. The gown is absolutely amazing, it hugs her body in all the right places and it’s interesting. So yeah, I love it.

9. kane September 23, 2013 at 06:57 #

She looks fabulous! Even without thinking about the sometimes disasters she’s given us before.

10. mandy September 23, 2013 at 07:19 #

My favorite gown for this event ! She never looked better.

11. Mary September 23, 2013 at 08:52 #

Kaley looks amazing in this dress. Just perfect!

12. amy September 23, 2013 at 08:53 #

I like the dress but something irks me on the bodice

13. Noemi September 23, 2013 at 08:54 #

Beautiful dress (great color) but I don’t like the make up. She doesn’t look tacky or try hard, so it’s a great look from her.

14. Jess2 September 23, 2013 at 09:24 #

I screamed ‘FINALLY’ when I saw this! I am so excited because I really like this look from head to toe. She finally got her hair right!

15. robert September 23, 2013 at 10:05 #

This dress is beautiful and she looks beauutiful, the only thing i deslike is the face, i think she doens’t know how to pose on the red carpet other than that she looks gorgeous

16. Dorothy September 23, 2013 at 10:27 #

For sure the best I’ve seen her look at a red carpet. Still not totally sold on the make-up, but the color and the fit of the dress are pretty good. And her hair looks very normal and pretty.

17. Betelgeuze September 23, 2013 at 11:21 #

Yay. Adore it head to toe.
    I’m so excited, because in past Kaley had usually that one thingthat prevented her looks from being perfect, mostly the hair, but this is head-to-toe perfection personified. I love the grandeur of the dress and the gorgeous hue.

18. The Dame Intl September 23, 2013 at 12:17 #

I love her and I love this bold colour and I love how she is owning her space in the world, I would have liked some earrings that match her bracelets, something more substantial, but THIS is how you dress ladies. None of these washed out colours that make you look as if you may as well not have been there!

19. Yeliz September 23, 2013 at 12:23 #

I might be the only one, but I don’t like this gown. The ill fitted bodice bothers me a lot. And I don’t like the organza scalloping either. The hair and makeup are nice.

20. gabis September 23, 2013 at 13:12 #

She looks marvellous. Undoubtedly one of her very best red carpets moments ever. I love everything about this look. With that fantastic colour, flawless hair and makeup she could not be anywhere else except on my top 3 of the night. BDOTW.

21. EmmaWoodhouse September 23, 2013 at 13:45 #

The top of this gown bothers me–it is lingerie-like. Put an actual bodice on it and that lovely skirt and the great styling will be done justice.

22. La-Shaun September 23, 2013 at 15:21 #

The dress is perfection. I would have liked to see her in diamond stud earrings.

23. Camille September 23, 2013 at 15:36 #

Ohh I really want to love this, because I agree she looks so much better than she has in past red carpets. She doesn’t look bad, per say. I just have a few issues with the look. First, I am in the minority but I don’t like this color on her. It reminds me of dried blood and I don’t think it is flattering for a golden/blonde. I think on Michelle Dockery, with her pale complexion and rich dark hair, it would be stunning.

And second, while I love the dress and think it is flattering and interesting, I’m not loving the sheer bodice. It just looks a shade tacky to me. If they had lined the whole bodice it would have been soooo much prettier to me.

I would have loved her hair up and a pair of gorgeous earrings instead of the casual curls, but I’m just nit picking. She looked much improved for sure.

24. Moxie September 23, 2013 at 17:41 #

Love this! One of my favorites of the night.

25. adrian September 23, 2013 at 18:32 #

a little bridal, a little lingerie, but a lot flattering and pretty.

26. Nat39 September 23, 2013 at 18:44 #

Love it! One of the best of the night.

27. tiffany January 19, 2014 at 04:31 #

omgosh soooo pretty! absolutely divine and romantic looking. love that shade of red too~ ahhh jelly