Sarah Paulson In Georges Hobeika Couture - '12 Years A Slave' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Sarah Paulson joined her co-star Lupita Nyong’o on the red carpet at the Princess of Wales Theatre for the ’12 Years A Slave’ Toronto International Film Festival premiere in Canada on Friday evening.

The actress wore an exquisite Georges Hobeika Fall 2013 Couture gown, our first look at this collection on the red carpet.

Her rose-beige, strapless guipure lace-and-tulle tea-length dress was styled with a matching rose-beige clutch plus rose-gold metallic Oscar Tiye pumps and lavender drop earrings which adds some vitality to the look and prevent it from feeling too one-note.

Simple makeup and side parted sleek tresses provided the finishing touches to her look.

Credit: Georges Hobeika & Getty

Nicole Kidman In Altuzarra - 'The Railway Man' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Altuzarra – ‘The Railway Man’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Willow Smith's G Star Denim Dungaress And Givenchy Shark Lock Wedge Ankle Boots

Willow Smith’s G Star Denim Dungaress And Givenchy Shark Lock Wedge Ankle Boots

13 Responses to Sarah Paulson In Georges Hobeika Couture – ’12 Years A Slave’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Nat39 September 7, 2013 at 02:03 #

Still too bland and one-note beige, the clutch blends into the dress and the earrings do not provide enough elevation.

2. Christine September 7, 2013 at 03:11 #

The dress is washing her out.

3. Rebecca Z September 7, 2013 at 05:33 #

I think this is quite beautiful. The dress is truly beautiful, her hair and makeup are perfect, and the accessories are just fine. It is certainly a pale look, but it is lovely.

• Alina September 7, 2013 at 08:11 #

I agree.
      Also, I think that Georges Hobeika’s work isn’t worn enough on the red carpet.

• KatieKate September 8, 2013 at 16:07 #

Agree with both statements above. I think sometimes a label garners ‘in’ status amongst the celebs, (and/or their stylists), and rather than venture into new territory, they just stick with whatever’s popular, and then we miss out on seeing them in some truly amazing designs.

Anyway, on topic, Even though this is a very pale dress on a rather pale woman, I think it works beautifully–ethereal and romantic. I appreciate the addition of the complementary earrings–and the clutch, although also pale, is lovely. I don’t, however, think the style of shoe is best, though the color is. But my main, and only major quibble, is the length. It’s just too long, causing the proportion to be off. But, this is more hit than miss, she looks beautiful, and the dress is Divine, with a capital ‘D’.

4. Brint September 7, 2013 at 06:03 #

I love this dress, she looks stunning! Hair & makeup are on point!

5. Marty September 7, 2013 at 08:07 #

She looks lovely! Very chic :)

• Iva September 7, 2013 at 09:09 #

I don’t know why we all expect some extravaganza on the red carpet (even for a movie premiere) all the time?!
      This look is more than ‘nice’ for the occasion – not everyone are Cate Blanchett. Sarah looks great!

6. Yeliz September 7, 2013 at 09:17 #

I love this look, she looks amazing. This gown is so gorgeous, I’m happy to see it on the red carpet.

7. dressaddict September 7, 2013 at 09:42 #

Very nice look. I also think that Hobeika is not worn as much as he deserves on the red carpet.

I love the way you put the pictures here, I think you should do the same for all the posts from now on, it’s easier to see the details than to open each picture on another window!

8. Jolene September 7, 2013 at 09:45 #

The gown is precious but the styling a bit bland.

• kane September 10, 2013 at 11:13 #