[glam_ad size="push"]
[glam_ad size="med"]
Menu

Araya A. Hargate In Zac Posen – ‘Cleopatra’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Araya A Hargate In Zac Posen - 'Cleopatra' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Araya A. Hargate made a fairy tale-like entrance onto the red carpet this evening for the ‘Cleopatra’ Cannes Film Festival premiere.

The Thai-British actress and model looked like princess wearing a Zac Posen Spring 2013 gown, which I’m sure Fan Bingbing and Zhang Yuqi are kicking themselves that they didn’t get their hands on first.

Araya’s green gown featuring a satin bodice and tons of tulle skirt was further dramatized with cat-eye makeup.

Simple styling, as a gown like this speaks for itself, included silver earrings, a Devi Kroell clutch and a sweeping updo.

While I like the dramatic nature of this look, after all this is what Cannes is about, I really wish the satin part of the dress didn’t fall any further than her hips. That trailing piece really puts me off loving this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Milla Jovovich In Prada -  'Cleopatra' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Milla Jovovich In Prada – ‘Cleopatra’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Li Yuchun In Gareth Pugh - 'Cleopatra' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Li Yuchun In Gareth Pugh – ‘Cleopatra’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

42 Responses to Araya A. Hargate In Zac Posen – ‘Cleopatra’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Ting Ting June 23, 2013 at 11:20 #

Araya looks great but the satin looks wried !!

2. Nathee May 30, 2013 at 07:21 #

Araya Beautiful.

3. loxonin May 24, 2013 at 06:05 #

Araya looks really gorgeous. She put her earrings-jewelry instead of a necklace, Looks difference with super model. Compatible with bracelets and evening handbag.

4. Flavia Style Source May 23, 2013 at 19:48 #

Dress itself and color is stunning! The actress is not bad in that dress, works on her figure variations. Fine. Works “almost” on her skin/eyes/hair context, up to the point that some things are missing: the hair not done enough for the elegance of the dress, looks like the chignon of a school girl not the chignon of an glamorous actress. The make-up, something does not harmonize with the dress. A necklace or a wrap is missing, and she is too open with that dress, too much to reveal for a festival. So her stylist did half job here.

5. FocusMOM May 23, 2013 at 15:51 #

She is so beautiful like a princess, Araya!

6. Saovalak krusakul May 23, 2013 at 15:33 #

Beautiful

7. Wisanlaya May 23, 2013 at 14:21 #

if you see another picture this dress have weird crease and the color doesn’t support the dress as much i think white or gold is better

but Hargate is beautiful and the makeup is stunning

8. Orawan May 23, 2013 at 11:59 #

She look great !!!!!

9. Nisa May 23, 2013 at 09:36 #

dress design weird, but she look so pretty on it

10. Putthawong May 23, 2013 at 01:54 #

What a beautiful girl!!!! I really like Araya in this look because she look like a princess in mythology. She is a beautiful actress and she are always beautiful in every dress when she got dressed. ^_^

11. kodcgapak May 22, 2013 at 18:33 #

She look great and very beautyfull. I love her. Araya <3

12. Natalie May 22, 2013 at 18:09 #

I like the contrast between her tulle skirt and the red carpet. But I have to say the satin part has ruined everything else.

13. Kik Boonya May 22, 2013 at 16:15 #

What even thay say! Thats just thier opinion! All kind of her its matched! Look likes princess! Really love this look then the original model! 🙂

14. Brit May 22, 2013 at 15:29 #

Gorgeous, except the weird satin part. I especially love her hair, looks kind of natural to me.

15. So May 22, 2013 at 14:49 #

loving this look! she’s very pretty, the dress looks amazing as well

16. EmmaWoodhouse May 22, 2013 at 12:33 #

I LOVE the sea-green color and fun drama of this look. The tulle skirt is a dream! What’s bothering me (and keeping me from giving this a thumbs-up) is the strange satin part that’s ruining the skirt. Not liking that AT ALL.

17. Sea May 22, 2013 at 12:12 #

I think , it s another kind of fashion ,, kind of dramatic ,, show the sensatual ,, Lastly,, in my opinion,,the girl sometimes want to be Cinderella.

18. Ariel May 22, 2013 at 12:05 #

Bad dress and colors! The middle panel reminds me of the costumes of the gang in the film “A Clockwork Orange”, inspirated by the cricket-players costume, but with the jockstrap on top.

19. Nene May 22, 2013 at 11:30 #

Though the satin in the middle is kinda ugly, Araya’s beauty covered everything.
    Love her doll face

20. june4 May 22, 2013 at 06:43 #

very dramatic but i think she carries it pretty well

21. Alicat May 22, 2013 at 03:10 #

As has been said many times above, the strange satin panel at the front is superfluous and ugly. Even without it , this dress is just too “and Cinderella went to the ball”. The green is its only redeeming feature. At least it is not lolly pink!

22. Lauren May 22, 2013 at 01:17 #

honestly, I’m glad Fan Bingbing and Zhang Yuqi did not wear this. cuz, i’m so sorry to say this, but the dress is horrendously ugly…………

23. Sharon May 22, 2013 at 00:30 #

I don’t care for this gown. It makes me think of Scarlett O’Hara waiting for the dress that covers her corset and underskirt.

24. Rebecca Z May 21, 2013 at 22:11 #

Not liking this. Looks really amateurish and made by someone who does not understand female anatomy–maybe that’s it–maybe it was made for a cross dresser.

25. Dhppy May 21, 2013 at 21:51 #

This gown practically places a bullseye on the nether regions. Not exactly every woman’s dream. The color of the tulle is also unfortunate.

26. Christina May 21, 2013 at 21:35 #

WOW! What a pop! Loving the originality of this dress. It go against the norm, and I’m enjoying it! The color is lovely as well.

27. gabis May 21, 2013 at 21:01 #

The dress is hideous both on and off the runway. In regards to the styling, I prefer the model’s. The emerald necklace is fantastic and the sleek hair is a great counterbalance to the drama of the dress.

28. Aline May 21, 2013 at 20:49 #

LOVE it! BDOTD!

29. ade May 21, 2013 at 20:04 #

wsssss

30. Saosao May 21, 2013 at 19:47 #

What’s happening to Cannes this year? Is there an agreement to keep it less dramatic and glamorous or something? Cause everyday I’m thinking it’s going to be better but even the A-list celebs are not doing this film festival any justice.. What’s happening? Financial crisis maybe?

I’m still waiting for someone one to show up in the dresses you’ve wished to see on there. Your wish list should be published 1 week earlier so they’ll know what everyone expect to see. That is, very glamorous and high expectations! I’m frustrated, but there’s still hope. Diane really spoiled us last year.

Thanks a lot for covering every event, sometimes I wonder if you don’t ever get stressed for doing this. It’s impressive and very much appreciated. ^_^

• Catherine Kallon May 21, 2013 at 20:54 #

thank you…i only get stressed if I don’t know a gown 🙂

31. Danielle May 21, 2013 at 19:35 #

The satin piece looks like the bottom part of a body suit that is not snapped up.

32. Lola May 21, 2013 at 19:31 #

The colour is fantastic the dress is dramatic without being too glitzy. She looks sensational. The satin thingy is a little disturbing…

33. Yeliz May 21, 2013 at 19:28 #

This is a Cannes-appropriate, dramatic look, but I’m not loving it. I didn’t like this gown on the red carpet and I’m not liking it on Araya either. From the neck up, she looks beautiful.

• Christine May 22, 2013 at 05:16 #

I agree on all counts. The dress looks so cheap.

34. Shara May 21, 2013 at 19:28 #

I don’t like this at all, this gown is positively hideous in my opinion…

• GGG May 21, 2013 at 19:34 #

I agree – HATE!

35. Nat39 May 21, 2013 at 19:28 #

Really dislike the design of the bodice, it’s awfully tacky and brings the look down for me.

36. Moxie May 21, 2013 at 19:28 #

A hot mess. The piece of satin going down the middle is distracting. And the color tulle is just off enough that it is clashing with the satin. Fan Bingbing and Zhang Yuqi could not have saved this look.

• sara May 21, 2013 at 21:18 #

I completely agree, the satin in the middle looks awful and the color of the tulle is really bad! Waist up, the bodice is fine (although I don’t like that color either) and she looks beautiful w her hair and make-up but the overall look does not work.

• Prudence May 21, 2013 at 22:24 #

that satin in the middle is so distracting…like wtf was he thinking. This could have been an amazing moment at cannes.

37. dee May 21, 2013 at 19:26 #

I only like the color of the gown.