Princess Charlene of Monaco In Christian Dior - Dior Cruise Resort 2014 Presentation & Cocktail Reception

Princess Charlene of Monaco joined host of celebs, including Jessica Biel and Marion Cotillard, in the front row for the Christian Dior Cruise 2014 presentation in Monaco yesterday evening.

She arrived at the show wearing a black Dior cashmere long sleeve top from the Spring 2013 collection with a navy-and-black striped strapless dress from the Pre-Fall 2013 collection.

Cut to a few hours later and the Princess was wearing a multi-coloured striped dress with an asymmetrical hemline from the Cruise 2014 collection she has just seen glide down the runway.

We haven’t seen a runway to red carpet turn around that quick since Nicole Kidman wore a L’Wren Scott Fall 2013 dress the same day as the London Fashion Week presentation to the ‘Stoker’ London screening.

Princess Charlene of Monaco In Christian Dior

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Christian Dior Cruise 2014 Front Row

Christian Dior Cruise 2014 Front Row

Carey Mulligan In Chloé - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Carey Mulligan In Chloé – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

15 Comments

15 Responses to Princess Charlene of Monaco In Christian Dior – Dior Cruise Resort 2014 Presentation & Cocktail Reception

1. Yeliz May 19, 2013 at 13:54 #

Wow, that was fast.

The first look is just OK. I really like the second look, for some reason, I think the dress is very beautiful on her.

• Alina May 19, 2013 at 14:13 #

2. Christine May 19, 2013 at 13:54 #

Not liking either looks.

• dee May 20, 2013 at 19:40 #

+1. Dior is awful now.

3. Alicat May 19, 2013 at 14:25 #

The first dress makes her look heavy, and the long sleeved top worn underneath what is a strapless dress kills any appeal it has. The second dress looks like it is composed of off cuts from lots of dresses all tacked together. It gives her a better silhouette but it is one ugly dress. Not liking either.

4. EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2013 at 14:31 #

I really like the first look, it’s quiet but pretty. The second look is a mess–TOO much going on, and with all those panels the eye has to travel very far to get across her, leading to an illusion of wideness. Also, the unlined lace on the model is super tacky.

5. Amy May 19, 2013 at 16:07 #

I like both looks. Elegant, fashionable but still conservative which is perfect for a Royal

6. Erika May 19, 2013 at 16:52 #

Under Raf Simons Dior has become very difficult to wear and most of it just looks plain odd on the red carpet.

7. LeeAnn May 19, 2013 at 18:14 #

I spent yesterday in Dior trying the pre fall some of the looks are stunning but the cut is very strange. I think however that The resort 2014 is hideous. i am beginning to wonder where Raf is taking this brand. I know it is flying out of the stores but can’t see why anyone would buy resort

8. CreoleLady May 19, 2013 at 19:36 #

O.M.G. I have been bemoaning the black, black, white, black Dior looks. I need to be more careful about what I wish for. That striped dress is…I’ll just be charitable and call it an unsightly use of color and texture. I much prefer the black dress.

• CreoleLady May 19, 2013 at 19:43 #

Oops, sorry, my bad, the navy dress. I’m wondering if that is a long sleeved tee-shirt she is wearing with a strapless dress or whether the dress was modified.

• Moxie May 20, 2013 at 16:30 #

9. Nat39 May 19, 2013 at 20:17 #

The 1st look is so obviously not working on her frame, much prefer the 2nd look on her.

10. Jess2 May 20, 2013 at 06:05 #

I really like her look with the strapless dress but the Resort dress is terrible. I don’t like in on the runway let alone off it. What is Raf thinking? I think someone needs an intervention.

11. Kateryna May 20, 2013 at 19:37 #

I would like to declare that the second dress is the ugliest dress I have ever seen!