Menu

May 19, 2013 Runway To Red Carpet

Christian Dior Cruise 2014 Front Row

Dior Cruise 2014 Celebrity Front Row

The Christian Dior Cruise 2014 presentation took place in Monaco yesterday evening with many celebs taking to the front row to select their red carpet looks first hand.

Jessica Biel: Easily my favourite of the bunch. Jessica seems to have fallen back in love with fashion and it shows in her choice. She selected an ensemble from the Fall 2013 collection featuring a black, pink and white houndstooth print bustier and draped black skirt with a bright pink insert. The most vivid colour came from her pink lip shade which elevated what was already a spectacular look. A side-swept bun, off-white sandals and dazzling David Webb jewels provided the finishing touches.

Marion Cotillard: The French beauty kept her look simple opting for a white Dior trench coat from the Pre-Fall 2013 collection. What I love most about this look are her black Dior pumps with a neon-yellow toe-cap.

Ruth Wilson: The British actress wore a navy strapless bustier silk dress featuring the printed Warhol ‘Femme Head 1958? artwork and gold ‘High Heel 1956’ embroidery. I love the dress and the styling which included lavender pumps and a navy-blue clutch, however, her hair and makeup and overall dishevelment puts me off this look.

Zhang Ziyi: Representing Asia, Zhang was the picture of elegance wearing a black-and-white look from the Pre-Fall 2013 collection. While the high-low hem isn’t a look we always appreciate. I think the look works really well on this occasion, mostly because the look isn’t too overworked and the styling is kept simple with a black clutch, white pumps and Dior jewels.

Who was your favourite?

Dior Cruise 2014 Front Row

Credit: Style.com & Getty

‘The Cannes Diaries’ with shoescribe.com

‘The Cannes Diaries’ with shoescribe.com

Princess Charlene of Monaco In Christian Dior - Dior Cruise Resort 2014 Presentation & Cocktail Reception

Princess Charlene of Monaco In Christian Dior – Dior Cruise Resort 2014 Presentation & Cocktail Reception

21 Responses to Christian Dior Cruise 2014 Front Row

1. Bailey November 1, 2014 at 1:13 am #

Jessica Biel

2. dee May 20, 2013 at 7:43 pm #

Jessica biel’s styling elevates this Dior look to another level. I love everything about this. Marion’s coat and shoes are fabulous. Ruth looks dreadful and Zhang’s look is just OK.

3. Jess2 May 20, 2013 at 5:55 am #

Hats off to Jessica,she looks amazing. Previously I found myself disliking a majority of her looks, but I am not in the complete opposite position now. Keep up the good work girl! Love Marion’s pumps and Zhang looks elegant, as always. There isn’t anything I like about Ruth’s look I’m afraid.

4. Melrose May 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm #

Dior is so awful now.

5. Nat39 May 19, 2013 at 8:04 pm #

I´m impressed with Jessica, I like the effort she put into styling, and as a rare fan of high-low hems (if done right) I very much appreciate and like Zhang´s look.
    Marion and Ruth don´t do it for me.

6. Noemi May 19, 2013 at 5:42 pm #

I can’t decide between J. Biel and Z. Ziyi, they both look really chic and beautiful. Marion’s shoes are amazing. I don’t like that dress on R. Wilson, the length is not flattering at all and I don’t like the way she styled it.

7. kane May 19, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

Zhang’s my favourite. Love the simplicity and the rose as (coincidental?) accessory which goes perfectly with the nails.

I would love to love Marion’s trench coat but the collar isn’t working for me. Also, as much as I love the shoes, I agree with Yeliz that they don’t really go well with the coat.

I love the colours of Jessica’s outfit, but cannot really get on board with the draping of the skirt.

8. Amy May 19, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

Marion for the win!
    I have no clue what’s going on with JBiel’s dress.

9. Joy May 19, 2013 at 2:36 pm #

Okay, I love Dior…but I don’t get the Warhol pieces. They seem gimmicky to me. Wish I liked it better but I just don’t. Maybe it will grow on me.

• Leeann May 19, 2013 at 6:30 pm #

Christian Dior was a great supporter of the arts and wAs influenced by artists so Raf is paying homage to that

10. Violetta Parr May 19, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

I actually reckon Ruth looks best.
    I like her styling and the fact that she isn’t as sickly sleek as the other (undeniably gorgeous and classy) women.
    Plus that shade of blues is heavenly

11. EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2013 at 2:30 pm #

Jessica and Marion both look great. I really love Marion’s trench. Not a fan of Ruth’s look, and Zhang’s is that messy Dior style I’ve seen before and disliked, so even though her styling is good I’m not loving the look.

12. Alicat May 19, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

Marion’s trench coat is so chic. Adore it. Her hair and makeup are perfectly polished. A great look for her.

13. Kat May 19, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

Odd choice considerign this is Cannes – but considering the weather it might be apt after all: that trenchcoat is simply spectacular.

• Derro May 19, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

They’re not in Cannes, they’re in Monaco

14. fashionpoint May 19, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

Really don’t like all the looks!
    They are old school, not modern at all!!!
    – Marion Cotillard looks like an uneasy school girl!
    – Ruth Wilson is wearing an unflattering patchwork gown seems to be done for a student exam!
    – Zang Zihi is wearing a dress with a clear problem of proportion!
    – Jessica Biel is wearing the best one, the bustier is ok but the skirt has clearly a problem of lenght and makes her hips really baggy!

NOT A SUCESS AT ALL… Disappointed Dior!

15. Christine May 19, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

I like Marion look the most. Jessica looks nice but not liking her hair.

16. Yeliz May 19, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

Jessica is easily my favourite of the bunch too. Her styling is what really made this look so stunning, especially her hairstyle. I love this look from head-to-toe.

Zhang is my second favourite. She looks very chic.

Although I love Marion’s trench coat and the pumps, they don’t really work together.

Ruth looks bad. Neither the hair nor the length of the dress works.

• Alina May 19, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

Ditto.

17. Derro May 19, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

LOVE the trench Marion is wearing! I can’t remember the last time I coveted a Dior piece so much!!

Biel looks nice too, but again with the strapless bodice and same old boring silhouette… really wish Raf would start mixing things up already. if Jennifer Lawrence or Marion had worn it, we’d all be incredibly disappointed.

• Leeann May 19, 2013 at 6:28 pm #

The coat is lamb skin and is stunning