Eva Longoria In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Le Passe’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Eva Longoria In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'Le Passe' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

She’s arrived…thank god she’s finally arrived. The Cannes Diva aka Eva Longoria makes her first appearance on the red carpet for the 2013 Cannes Film Festival this evening for the ‘Le Passe’ premiere.

Opulent gown, check, open-back, check, floor-sweeping train, check.

I think someone is ready to reclaim her Queen of Cannes crown, looking stunning wearing a Zuhair Murad Spring 2013 Couture gown.

The actress who, let’s face it, doesn’t fare too well on the red carpet outside of the Palais des Festivals, finally puts some much needed sparkle back into this event.

Credit: Zuhair Murad & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Doutzen Kroes In Atelier Versace - ‘Le Passe’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Doutzen Kroes In Atelier Versace – ‘Le Passe’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

33 Responses to Eva Longoria In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Le Passe’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Aurélien May 17, 2013 at 18:24 #

“She’s arrived…thank god she’s finally arrived” !
    I though exactly the same !!

2. Yeliz May 17, 2013 at 18:28 #

She does look stunning, but I’m not wowed. I feel like we’ve seen this type of gowns a thousand times on the red carpet.

3. Nat39 May 17, 2013 at 18:33 #

Such a striking silhouette on the model, Eva lacks stature to make this gown work to its full effect, she looks rather stumpy and thick-waisted but she is working this look with confidence, I’m bored with the nude even with all the embellishments.

• MatBer May 17, 2013 at 19:47 #

Totally agree.

And yes, we are all bored with the Fan Bing Bing + Elie Saab duo, why shouldn’t we also be bored with Eva Longoria + (cheap)sparkle-effect? I am!

• Samuel May 18, 2013 at 00:14 #

Agreed! A few years ago I would have been breathless..now after seeing so much It feels time for her to change her tact and move with fashion.

• Mare May 18, 2013 at 07:48 #

i agree with both of you. I also think the gown is too much for her petit frame

4. Lola May 17, 2013 at 18:35 #

Opulent and maybe a bit overwhelming…the runway version is supersexy but trust an “american star” to line a garment way too much because of their somewhat bewildering fear of nudity – I mean as they all clearly are focusing on being sexy?!!!

5. Alina May 17, 2013 at 18:36 #

Hate it!

6. Noemi May 17, 2013 at 18:43 #

Beautiful dress but I don’t like the lining, the fact that I can see her ugly tattoo and she looks boxy. We all know that she doesn’t have a tiny waistline but this dress highlights it.

7. Marybeth May 17, 2013 at 18:46 #

The embellishments on the gown are absolutely gorgeous but the lined torso looks thick and heavy. I do not like the break at mid-thigh between the lined torso and the delicate skirt. I wish it were possible to wear this dress unlined!

The train is so beautiful that from the back I can almost overlook the tattoo and tan lines.

Well, all faults aside, no one can work a gown of this type better than Eva and she looks good!

8. goldfish May 17, 2013 at 18:48 #

deja vú… i don’t understand her appeal in terms of style

• Leeann May 17, 2013 at 23:00 #

Couldn’t agree more

9. liz May 17, 2013 at 18:50 #

why does the gown look so cheap on her??? it looks awesome on the runway

• Prudence May 18, 2013 at 01:39 #

amen! The model looks killer but on her something just makes it look so tacky and cheap. She has lost her mojo 100% she always wears the exact same style gowns,I am not impressed at all.

10. Christine May 17, 2013 at 18:57 #

Love the back more than the front.

11. Nic76 May 17, 2013 at 19:01 #

She kind of makes it look tacky imo? And wow, it’s Eva Longoria in a sparkling, backless dress with a train. Groundbreaking.

Lol, I’ve just never understood her appeal.

12. fromchi-town May 17, 2013 at 19:08 #

She definitely knows how to work a gown at the Cannes. She owns the red carpet. The gown has stunning details… though not the most flattering cut on her, she looks good.

13. Rebecca Z May 17, 2013 at 19:09 #

I agree that she is not tall enough to give this gown the sweep it has on the model and that the lining material is too heavy both for her figure and for the delicate dress. There’s just nothing new or interesting about this and it isn’t gorgeous enough to overcome those limitations in my opinion. And the tattoo is a real problem for me.

14. Lilly May 17, 2013 at 19:20 #

She doesn’t have the height to wear that dress. I don’t like it.

15. justme May 17, 2013 at 19:20 #

Eh, no. People are tired of Fan Bingbing, I’m tired of Eva. It’s always the same silhouette she goes for, especially at Cannes. Give the long trains a rest -_-

16. Iris May 17, 2013 at 19:25 #

doesn’t work for me. it’s stunning on the model, tacky on Eva.

17. Moxie May 17, 2013 at 19:32 #

Not a fan of the way it is lined.

18. Blush May 17, 2013 at 19:36 #

I’m sick of her and her diva poses and gaudy gowns. Never a fan of her on the red carpet.

19. Dressaddict May 17, 2013 at 19:44 #

Boring. Yawn…

20. kane May 17, 2013 at 19:51 #

Not a fan of these kinds of figure-hugging, long-sleevy gowns, they lack subtely for me. And this isn’t even a particularly successful example. I don’t like the colour on her, nor the embellishments, and as others have pointed out she doesn’t have the height to pull it off.

21. Jess May 17, 2013 at 19:58 #

too short, too blocky in the waist, too cocky….just don’t get this woman’s appeal

22. Joy May 17, 2013 at 20:45 #

Sorry but I must not be seeing what your seeing. Yes she has been stunning in the past but this is not great or show stopping. I think we have seen some way better looks already. For me this is tacky. Her hair looks horrible, the dress is not super flattering through the middle section and the back looks icky with her tattoo. But that’s just my humble opinion.

23. gidget bananas May 17, 2013 at 20:50 #

Predictable for her, and a tad dated overall.

24. Sherrie Golden May 17, 2013 at 23:02 #

Would not have chosen this dress? I don’t like the neckline. I don’t like this one Zuhair Murad, but…..I do like the fabric.

25. Alicat May 18, 2013 at 03:29 #

The fabric is exquisite, but the effect is spoiled by the heavy lining. I like the sexy back and train. It is telling how a tattoo can lose its appeal when visible in a beautiful gown at an event like this.

26. Pedro May 18, 2013 at 04:34 #

Eva’s body is to boxy for this dress.

I really dislike the dress on her… makes her looks so damn short

27. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2013 at 05:05 #

Sadly it’s a no from me. Normally I love her Cannes gown, and while I love the train on this I’m disappointed by several things–the boxy silhouette, the J-LO-esque nude embellished bodysuit look, the unlined skirt, the low back and revealing of her tattoo.
    Am I glad she’s arrived, though? YES. Because whether I like it or not she WILL bring drama.

28. Jess2 May 18, 2013 at 13:13 #

This is a beautiful gown, the details is absolutely gorgeous but it has lost all of it’s appeal on Eva. I don’t think she has the stature to carry off this dress, the lining is making her boxy and it is a bit deja vu. The thing that I dislike the most is the visible tattoo at the back, girl needs some concealer or a higher back.