10.05.13

Willow Smith In Chanel & Jada Pinkett Smith In Alexander McQueen - 15th Annual From Slavery to Freedom Gala

While the boys are away in Asia, Jada Pinkett Smith and daughter Willow Smith attended the Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking 15th Annual From Slavery to Freedom Event held at Sofitel Hotel in Los Angeles, California yesterday evening.

There is a lot going on here that I don’t like.

Willow Smith: The young singer, who has had more misses than hits, wore a Chanel Spring 2013 jumpsuit which we have seen twice before on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Miley Cyrus. The problem here is that she is way too short for the look; the pants are dragging on the floor, so you only get a peek at her Christian Louboutin ‘Manovra’ slingback pumps. The cropped jacket is a cute addition, as is the hat, but that blonde wig is ridiculous.

Jada Pinkett Smith: After burning myself on a recent trip to Portugal I should feel some sympathy for Jada, but I don’t. That orange over-tanned glow and her well-tailored peachy-coloured Alexander McQueen suit with satin trims do not go well together.

342300_in_xl

You can buy Willow’s Christian Louboutin ‘Manovra’ slingback pumps from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: FameFlynet

Melanie Brown's Dolce & Gabbana Sicilain Print Dress

Melanie Brown’s Dolce & Gabbana Sicilain Print Dress

Jessica Alba's Chloé 'Alice' Bag

Jessica Alba’s Chloé ‘Alice’ Bag

20 Responses to Willow Smith In Chanel & Jada Pinkett Smith In Alexander McQueen – 15th Annual From Slavery to Freedom Gala

1. Nubiahbella May 10, 2013 at 15:10 #

What do you mean by her being over tanned?
    is there anything as being too dark????

I do agree that the color of the suit doesn’t look nice on her.

Then you go on by telling how yourself came back from a sunny place and how you have sympathy for her? WTF

I can’ believe in 2013 we still have dark skinned people who are scared of getting darker because of the sun .

• Edie May 10, 2013 at 15:17 #

Calm down. I agree with FC. If this were a white woman toasted like that, there would be no controversy in saying she got too much sun. It’s not racial disparity, it’s common sense.

• Catherine Kallon May 10, 2013 at 16:32 #

Thanks Edie. I’m shocked by Nubiahbella’s claims.

• Rashmi May 10, 2013 at 15:19 #

:O Wow, u are so over dramatic!!
      She just meant that the tan and the satin didn’t do well together!

• Catherine Kallon May 10, 2013 at 16:36 #

Rashmi, I totally agree. Nubiahbella’s comment is SO over dramatic.

2. Yeliz May 10, 2013 at 17:02 #

Not liking either look. Willow looks so bad.

3. michaboa May 10, 2013 at 17:17 #

dreckitude!

4. AnderBoBo May 10, 2013 at 17:49 #

Jada looks ok, the only thing about her look I would change is the hair, I think a sleek ponytail would have worked better.

I may just be old but I don’t think a 12 year old should be wearing the same thing a 26 year old supermodel has worn, or Louboutins for that matter.

5. Tati M May 10, 2013 at 18:07 #

Willow is so weird

• lyka May 10, 2013 at 18:25 #

Willow is a child. She’s just playing around with clothes, growing up, and figuring out what she likes. Not a thing weird about that.

• Tati M May 10, 2013 at 21:52 #

Ok, lika. But I prefer the way other children grown up

• Ainee May 10, 2013 at 22:19 #

yeah, thats exactly what little girls need. not room to express their creativity but total strangers being critical of their body and their attempts at expressing themselves. seriously she’s just playing dress up and if ya’ll dont see how judgmental attitudes towards young girls prime them to hate their bodies, to develop anxiety and health problems because of the public eye, you need to adjust yourself. jada has been very adamant that willow can do whatever she wants because at a very young age girls are taught their bodies and choices must be developed to what everyone else wants, whereas men can roll onto the red carpet with bed hair and everyone will swoon.

• Noemi May 11, 2013 at 08:27 #

Dressing like an adult (also with bad result) is not expressing personality. It’s the will to look like an adult, while she’s not. And this is not a good thing, for me. Also, it’s universally known that little girls shouldn’t wear heels because it’s not healthy. I don’t like to see children dressed like women, it’s creepy. When I was a child I like to play with my mother’s clothes, but I didn’t dress like my mother to go out.

• Tati M May 13, 2013 at 22:13 #

Bravo, Noemi!

• SilentVisitor May 11, 2013 at 14:25 #

Did they ask you for your preference?

6. Christine May 11, 2013 at 02:54 #

Both horrible looks.

• Tati M May 13, 2013 at 22:10 #

I totally agree!

7. Noemi May 11, 2013 at 08:22 #

For very different reasons, they both look bad. I understand Willow is very very young, but there’s no reason to dress ridiculously. Jada… I can hardly see anything but those huge cheekbones.

8. EmmaWoodhouse May 13, 2013 at 03:04 #

Willow looks horrendous. Everyone seems to critique those of us who disapprove of her style choices because of her age–however, she is wearing designer clothing and so I think we are WELL within our rights to criticize the clothing she chooses and her styling of it. When children, just like adults, choose designer pieces that are elegant, fashion-forward, chic, beautiful, etc.–and style them well, we don’t hesitate to applaud.
    Jada looks too orange (it’s not that her skin is too dark, obviously, it’s just that her makeup and hair really don’t flatter it and the suit doesn’t either) and the suit doesn’t flatter her.

9. nick May 17, 2013 at 06:32 #

some people should not be allowed to wear chanel, in this case willow.