07.05.13

Kristen Stewart In Stella McCartney – 2013 Met Gala

Kristen Stewart In Stella McCartney - 2013 Met Gala

Kristen Stewart took to the red carpet on Monday evening for the 2013 Met Gala in New York City.

The ‘Twilight’ actress wore a Bordeaux Stella McCartney silk jumpsuit featuring lace embroidery and exaggerated hips.

I’m sure many of you would’ve considered her 2012 Met Gala look more punk than this one. I have to say I love what she’s serving up here – punk attitude.

Her nails, shoes and eye makeup all got the Bordeaux treatment with a quiffed hairstyle and a gold Stella McCartney clutch completing her look.

Credit: Getty

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Gucci - 2013 Met Gala

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Gucci – 2013 Met Gala

Taylor Swift In J. Mendel - 2013 Met Gala

Taylor Swift In J. Mendel – 2013 Met Gala

49 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Stella McCartney – 2013 Met Gala

1. Yeliz May 7, 2013 at 07:20 #

J’adore this look from head-to-toe. I didn’t expected her to wear a jumpsuit, but she looks stunning. Her attitude, her accessories and the hairstyle are perfect. I’m not too fond of the eye makeup, but she is in my Top 10 nonetheless.

• Karen May 9, 2013 at 22:21 #

Agreed, I love the make-up too. Her stylists and Stewart never disappoint.

2. Christine May 7, 2013 at 07:23 #

I expected more from her since this is right up her alley. This is so forgettable.

• Aline May 7, 2013 at 07:43 #

MTE!

Plus, the jumpsuit is too big for her and that eyeshadow makes her look like she’s just been punched in the face.

• dee May 7, 2013 at 13:20 #

I completely agree.

3. Gabby M May 7, 2013 at 07:24 #

Ok that red smokey eye is brilliant! But those pants. thats the biggest camel toe Ive ever seen BAHAHAHA

• MillyMolly May 7, 2013 at 08:38 #

Lol, that’s the first thing I thought too! It’s a shame that the pants are soooo unflattering because hair looks good and that eye makeup makes her blue eyes POP.

• Niki May 7, 2013 at 15:58 #

Completely agree. The pants are just wrong, especially in the hip area. Every time she wears Stella McCartney it’s always slightly ill-fitting. I had such high hopes… At least the make-up and shoes lived up to them!

• Niki May 7, 2013 at 15:58 #

• Rashmi May 7, 2013 at 11:13 #

Hahahahahaha !!!

I dislike this look from the bottom of my heart!! :D Those pants are so wrong!

4. Ariadne May 7, 2013 at 07:25 #

Not fond of the exaggerated hips and the eye makeup. I don’t like it.

• Alina May 7, 2013 at 14:40 #

5. Alicia May 7, 2013 at 07:26 #

this is a punk attitude? please just NO! her look was by far the one of the worst looks last night

• Fiona-Brasil May 7, 2013 at 11:06 #

• justme May 7, 2013 at 17:53 #

6. Amelia May 7, 2013 at 07:28 #

I LOVE this look. Hair,makeup and attitude is just enough punk for me. Favourite after Anne Hathaway.

• Mandy May 7, 2013 at 07:50 #

Her attitude makes the look. I don’t think this comes across as too ‘try hide’ like some celebs tonight. The red eye makeup makes her green eyes pop, very nice.

7. vicky May 7, 2013 at 07:49 #

Is she carrying a clutch?! That’s a rare sight!

8. Poppy May 7, 2013 at 07:52 #

Love the make-up and her attitude. But, not so keen on the exaggerated hips. I think it is great she wore a jumpsuit though.

9. Candell May 7, 2013 at 07:52 #

This look, at least, was very punk and original. She’s the only person not wearing a prom or an Oscar gown and I agree that she’s full of attitude. The wide pants could have been altered but fine nonetheless since punk is really about the attitude and not the style. Her face is flawless.

PS: Love the shoes.

10. jas May 7, 2013 at 08:01 #

i love this look on kristen, although i think i would have liked it to look a little more slimming

11. Charlotte May 7, 2013 at 08:24 #

It’s awful ! The jumpsuit doesn’t fit her well, her make up makes her look ill and the hair isn’t working neither.
    The worst look of the night.

• Lyo May 7, 2013 at 13:29 #

Totally agreed.

12. the ogre May 7, 2013 at 08:36 #

she has nailed what she does best! this is one of my favourite looks from the Met and from her too. if only the jumpsuit was more slimming it would have been perfect because just look at that attitude. and i love the departure from the usual black smoky eye.

13. M May 7, 2013 at 08:40 #

Shes selling the look to me as far as im concerned.. The whole attitude is what makes up her entire look.. Love it

• admmgz May 8, 2013 at 18:12 #

14. Jess2 May 7, 2013 at 08:52 #

I’m always the KStew fan but I don’t really like anything about this look. I expected a lot more. The attitude is spot on though.

15. L May 7, 2013 at 09:00 #

Who’s got 2 thumbs and a clown suit on? K. Stew that’s who.

16. Alicat May 7, 2013 at 09:05 #

You’d have to be as slim around the hips as Kristen Stewart to even go near this jumpsuit with its puffy pants, but I like the fact that she has taken the risk and worn something different. She really suits punk style. Love her eye makeup.

17. sarah May 7, 2013 at 11:35 #

I look at this and am baffled that ANYONE could like it. It doesn’t fit, it’s ugly, she looks uncomfortable and miserable, and the make-up makes her look consumptive. She’s just not attractive in any way here.

18. Vi May 7, 2013 at 12:14 #

Love this. Leave it up to Stella to truly understand a theme and bring something original to the table. I think I’ll kill myself if I see one more pseudo- safety pin.

19. J (DressMe4Less) May 7, 2013 at 12:31 #

Fugly. She looks like a bloody doily.

20. Marko_M May 7, 2013 at 12:57 #

I cannot begin to describe how much I love this look including the amazing beauty. I guess the thing I love the most is the way that she’s really werkin’ this look and looks super cool and comfortable, yet very chic and polished.

21. elle May 7, 2013 at 13:52 #

I’m not fond of with the dress, it’s almost bore me.

22. Emily May 7, 2013 at 14:35 #

I don’t understand why everyone likes this. This is a major fail head to toe.

She looks like a boy, first of all. The jumpsuit is ill-fitted. She also looks like she’s been punched in the eyes, and she looks like she’d rather be anywhere but there.

She didn’t belong, and it showed.

23. AG May 7, 2013 at 14:36 #

This is terrible! I’m shocked at how many people here are saying they like it…So unflattering and the red eye makeup is just plain wrong

24. Angeline Ng May 7, 2013 at 15:14 #

She needs to fire her stylist, pronto, that is if she uses one.

• Yeliz May 7, 2013 at 22:03 #

Tara Swennen is her stylist.

25. kane May 7, 2013 at 15:14 #

A Florence moment: very much her comfort zone. Except, I liked Florence’s dress.

26. Moxie May 7, 2013 at 15:15 #

Major failure. The fit is awful. The shiny satin and lace looks like it belongs on a bridesmaid’s gown. Nothing remotely punk about this.

27. EmmaWoodhouse May 7, 2013 at 15:34 #

This was the biggest disappointment of the night for me. Of all the people at this gala I thought she would embrace the theme–this is like a granny suit to me. STELLA!!! I am so peeved with Stella FOREVER. This is just wrong…unflattering, aging, off-theme. No, no, and NO.

28. MagB May 7, 2013 at 15:41 #

I’m not a fan. Those pants are incredibly unflattering!

29. CTgirl May 7, 2013 at 16:01 #

This is such a conventional look. From the satin with lace inserts (Stella really needs to get off the insert train) to the black pumps to the matching makeup this look is just so boring and safe. TBH, I was disappointed in most of the looks last night. But I really was hoping that KS would shine and this is just a snooze.

30. RCLuvr May 7, 2013 at 17:54 #

Attitude? That’s how she always looks! Like she can’t be bothered and puts little effort on the RC. This is awful. Kristen needs to learn to dress for her body type. She is thin but has a boxy/boyish figure. Her choices lately make her look dumpy.

31. Liz May 7, 2013 at 19:08 #

The makeup is spot on, but the jumpsuit is hideous.
    HATE it with a passion. It’s so ill fitted and makes her look really short and stumpy.

She also looks like she has a massive camel toe.

32. Parvati May 8, 2013 at 01:34 #

I don’t know, but this outfit looks so awkward to me. And the pants look really weird.

33. Angela May 8, 2013 at 04:31 #

I’m enamored with her red eye makeup and hair, and I love the idea of the ensemble, but the pants are way too loose, creating a disturbing effect. Also, she looks like she needs some breast support. A for effort and boldness, B- for the look itself.

34. Debbie May 8, 2013 at 19:49 #

Would just like to add that 1. I think the outfit was very fitting for her. She looked more comfortable than she ever does in a dress, which is what’s important. My first thought was (and I’m going to say this) “The question of whether or not she’s gay doesn’t really apply anymore. It’s ‘When will she feel comfortable enough to come out’” and she rocked her look . I thought it was a perfect rendition of punk couture for a tomboy. And 2. She is never completely comfortable and poised on the red carpet, and I would think after years people would expect that. Some people take a little longer to reach their comfort zone. I thought the look was great. Ill-fitting in the crotch area, but one of her best.

35. Dhppy May 10, 2013 at 20:52 #

I love the hair and the makeup. I don’t understand the fit of the pants though.