Olivia Palermo In Katie Ermilio – New Year’s in April: A Fool’s Fete

Olivia Palermo In Katie Ermilio - New Year's in April A Fool's Fete

Olivia Palermo attended New Year’s in April: A Fool’s Fete last night in New York City.

For the charity event, the socialite wore a vibrant Katie Ermilio Spring 2013 gown.

She accessorized with Jimmy Choo ‘Dream’ sandals, a Jimmy Choo ‘Charlize’ clutch, a Zara belt, and a¬†vintage necklace.

While the color is perfect for spring, and the high-to-low hemline is right on trend, the look is quite heavy, and Olivia looks disheveled.

A shorter front hem, like that on the model, would have helped to lighten things up to some extent, but all that fabric, accessories and the detailed ankle-strap sandals is just all too much.

Jimmy Choo Dream

You can buy Olivia’s Jimmy Choo ‘Dream’ sandals from Jimmy Choo US, Jimmy Choo UK and Net-A-Porter.com
Credit: Elle.com & Getty

23 thoughts on “Olivia Palermo In Katie Ermilio – New Year’s in April: A Fool’s Fete

1. Charlotte

This is too much : the train, the shoes, the belt, the necklace, the clutch, the bracelet… she should have chose better accessories, less heavy and the necklace and the bracelet are not necessary here. And her hair up would have been better.

1. Nat39

She often goes overboard with the standout statement accessories all at one shot unfortunately, it’s like she can’t stop.

2. SkirtTheIssue

Goodness, she looks a bit of a mess, which is unusual for the Queen of Polish! It’s the skirt at the front I think- its too long, such an awkward length for a “mullet” dress. Had it have been a more “mini” length like on the model, and she lost the belt or the necklace, she would have pulled this off (because the colour is great and the dress and shoes are fun)

3. EmmaWoodhouse

I would really like the dress if it were better fitted (it seems to have the potential to be one of the few hi-lo hemlines that would work for me). However, she FRIED it with styling. Those shoes are insane! I love Jimmy Choo but seriously now. It’s all overload.

1. Amanda

I really like this dress on the model, an interesting mullet dress but her styling and the length is just wrong.

4. Alicat

This look is completely lacking in style – so many disparate accessories thrown together with a dress which completely overwhelms her. A fried egg yellow mullet dress… What was she thinking!?

5. Teleholic

Hair up, tighter waistline, smaller clutch, simpler shoe (perhaps red like her nail polish) would have made this look much lighter, plus of course the shorter hemline you suggested.

6. Anne

The top, bodice & waist is poorly fitted, the heavy fabric is lifeless, and the queen of accessories has over-accessorized. As presented in the lookbook, it’s a youthful, fun dress. Here, it’s turned into something an aging trophy wife wears to a local charity event.

7. Moxie

A lot of potential, but the styling failed. There’s way too much going on.

The dress doesn’t fit well. The shoes would have worked without the belt and necklace. Or the belt and necklace would have worked with a simpler pair of strappy shoe. The bag is definitely overkill.

I would like the shoes if they didn’t have those ridiculous tassels on the side.

8. TeaAtTwo

OVercooked. I like the length on Olivia better than the model but would shorten train. The shoe’s tassels make them too busy, a brown strap would have been better. Take away the necklace too and have a simple yellow band around the waist. The colour is marvellous though.

9. Nat

This is a size or two bigger. It doesn’t fit or suit her well. She should had worn like the model on the lookbook and still would be hard to pull it of due the poor fitting. Nice try.

10. Yeliz

She looks like she is carrying way too much fabric and it makes her look wider than she normally is. Not liking the shoes with this look either.

11. Gloria

As soon as I saw a picture of her in this outfit somewhere else, I couldn’t wait to see what you would say about it. Glad to see that you came out with what I feel is 100% correct. By the way, I can’t believe the poor posture on the model—did no one look at the photo before it was distributed? While I’m at it, I’ll just throw in one of my pet peeves: gawky, awkward leg positions on so many lovely girls/women these days. Does no one’s mother teach them how to stand or pose properly (or send them to someone who can teach them)?

12. Sharee

This is an accessories overkill. Seems that she was trying to mimic Sarah Jessica Parker’s style. There is only one SJP!!

13. Caitlin

I actually love this. The sunny colour is gorgeous on her, and I would actually kill for those shoes. I know that people can construe her styling as overkill, but to me it’s her signature and she always gets it right.

14. gabis

Is she getting fashion tips from Anna Dello Russo? Serious overload of accessories. But that is not even the worst part. The dress is awful. The front hem is too low and the train is just exaggerated. Olivia is indeed too petit for that dress but the truth is I don’t think that much fabric would work on anyone. It’s quite weird even on the lookbook model.
    One thing I can deny though is that the colour is fantastic.