Diane Kruger In Chanel – ‘The Host’ New York Screening

Diane Kruger In Chanel - 'The Host' New York Premiere

Diane Kruger was back on the red carpet last night attended a screening of her latest movie, ‘The Host’, held at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in New York City.

Opting to keep her look very simple on this occasion, Diane wore a Chanel Fall 2013 dress.

Her pearl-accented short-sleeved dress is very subdued for my personal taste: as you know, I’m all about colour.

Black suede over-the-knee Christian Louboutin boots, Stephen Webster jewels and a chain-accented Chanel shoulder bag accessorized her look.

Nude lips and a simple ponytail completed her look.

Do you like Diane’s laidback approach to her screening look, or were you expecting more?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Andrea Riseborough In Rochas - ‘Oblivion’ Rio de Janeiro Premiere

Andrea Riseborough In Rochas – ‘Oblivion’ Rio de Janeiro Premiere

13 Responses to Diane Kruger In Chanel – ‘The Host’ New York Screening

1. Anne March 28, 2013 at 12:38 #

I’m ok with the dress since this is a more laid back NYC screening as opposed to a glitzy premiere, but I cannot get on-board with those boots. Oh dear, Diane.

2. Yeliz March 28, 2013 at 12:39 #

It’s not like that this is a bad look or something, but it’s not enough for a premiere, I was expecting more. This would have been perfect for a Chanel dinner, for example.

• gabis March 28, 2013 at 13:25 #

I agree. I like it a lot, I think she looks great but it is definitely underwhelming for a NY Premiere. It’s a perfect look for a movie screening though.

3. Rashmi March 28, 2013 at 12:42 #

Its way too laidback for her own movie premiere.

Those boots are wrong for this, I am not able to differentiate it with black tights!

• gabis March 28, 2013 at 16:51 #

She’s not wearing tights. It’s all her boots. they go all the way underneath the skirt.

4. Christine March 28, 2013 at 13:23 #

Was expecting more. This look is too casual.

5. Moxie March 28, 2013 at 14:18 #

Until I read she was wearing boots, I couldn’t tell. I can’t distinguish them from the tights in this photo.

Boots don’t bother me. I love boots. Not over the knee, but boots in general. I have a problem with one ankle and can’t balance in heels, so I often wear boots (below the knee) with skirts.

6. Marybeth March 28, 2013 at 16:14 #

I actually like this look better than her last black-dress one. It’s very well pulled together and very “Diane.” I like the way her hemline extends over the top of the boots, unlike the model’s. It’s more polished and classy.

Since this was a private screening, rather than a formal premiere, I’m not sure that she’s under-dressed. (?)

7. Anj March 28, 2013 at 16:32 #

I’m not sure why there’s so much layering at the top- it seriously makes me think I see a baby bump. It looks okay in terms of styling though.

8. EmmaWoodhouse March 28, 2013 at 17:44 #

I expect Saoirse Ronan to wear this, not Queen Diane! It’s just so blah!

9. Sara March 28, 2013 at 20:58 #

I think this is one of my least favorite Diane looks ever.

10. Noemi March 29, 2013 at 13:27 #

I don’t particularly like the boots but I like this look, she looks, as always, effortlessly beautiful and classy.

11. Victoire March 29, 2013 at 18:12 #

I think she looks fantastic. I understand that some may find the boots quite strange but I actually think they look great on her, it’s an unexpected alternative to wearing black tights and Diane is one of the few who can pull that off.
    I don’t mind her wearing all black, the short sleeves and pearls on the dress were enough to bring a little light to the outfit in my opinion. And it is bad luck that the screen behind her is black! Just look at pictures of her outside, they are way better!