25.03.13

Jennifer Lopez In Maria Lucia Hohan – Muhammad Ali Celebrity Fight Night XIX

Jennifer Lopez In Maria Lucia Hohan - Muhammad Ali Celebrity Fight Night XIX

Jennifer Lopez attended the Muhammad Ali Celebrity Fight Night XIX at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday evening.

She turned to one of her favourite designers, Maria Lucia Hohan, for her red carpet look.

In what is becoming quite common when it comes to JLo, I feel like this nude tulle halter dress with black lace and satin accents is too immature for the singer/actress.

I don’t like the dress to begin with, I mean, who would want to wear a dress which looks like you are wearing a strapless dress over a black lace bra?

In fact, the only thing I like about this look are her Christian Louboutin ‘Pivichic’ striped PVC and patent leather pumps. The gold Christian Louboutin ‘Cleo’ clutch looks like a last minute addition to add some spice to her look.

Christian Louboutin

You can buy Jennifer’s Christian Louboutin ‘Pivichic’ pumps from Saks.com and Saks.com UK.

Credit: Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Topshop - Giorgio Baldi

Jennifer Lopez In Topshop – Giorgio Baldi

18 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Maria Lucia Hohan – Muhammad Ali Celebrity Fight Night XIX

1. Dolly March 25, 2013 at 13:09 #

I actually can’t be quite so critical about this outfit having seen other photos from the event. Jen looks really fresh faced and glowing in the other images and I love the colour against her skin. So I think she looks lovely

2. Christine March 25, 2013 at 13:19 #

This is so not her dress. If anything, this is not a good dress to begin with-That I agree with.

On a plus a side, I like her shoes. That’s about it.

3. Rebecca Z March 25, 2013 at 13:41 #

I actually think she looks lovely. This dress is less revealing than dresses she often wears, and though I can see that it is a little on the young side for her, she wears it well. Imagine how much more elegant and interesting this dress would have been if the black details were brown or copper.

4. Sandra March 25, 2013 at 14:42 #

Absolutely agree with RCFA on the dress. The entire concept of the top is just preposterously stupid (at least with the two-tone execution), and I’m not a fan of either the color or fabric combinations. It also doesn’t seem to sit right on JLo; the fit of the top rather flattens and lowers her chest at the same time as the black belt seems to come up a little too high on her, both shortening her bust and widening the hips.

The shoes I like, though.

• Aline March 25, 2013 at 21:17 #

5. Sandra March 25, 2013 at 14:45 #

I also wanted to add that the length of the dress makes her look quite short.

6. liz March 25, 2013 at 14:49 #

I love it!!!

7. Sammy C March 25, 2013 at 15:04 #

I agree, no one should want to wear a dress featuring the ‘over the bra’ effect. However the result is not even half as disastruous as it sounds on paper. She looks ok.

Her accesories, hair and make up are great, but perhaps a different do would have given this look a neccesary more mature feel.

8. Daisy March 25, 2013 at 15:43 #

JLos worst dress yet. But not really entirely her fault as the dress would be the worst on anyone.
    On the plus side her I want her shoes.

9. Moxie March 25, 2013 at 16:06 #

Reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy’s “You might be a redneck if you’ve ever worn a dress that is strapless with a bra that isn’t.”

10. Yeliz March 25, 2013 at 18:32 #

Only loving the shoes.

• Mana March 26, 2013 at 00:29 #

only loving the hair.

11. elizabeth March 26, 2013 at 02:13 #

Sigh…plastic shoes..I don’t care if they’re $800, they’re still plastic.

• Lashae March 26, 2013 at 11:14 #

MTE

12. EmmaWoodhouse March 26, 2013 at 15:26 #

SJP wore these shoes, I think, and I liked them better on her. Nonetheless, they’re certainly the best part of this nightmare. The dress is absolutely heinous. COME on, it looks just so tacky and thoughtless…it isn’t even clever, like a trompe de l’oeil. I like the clutch too, her hair is nice, but that dress is just so wrong–too young, very trashy, and unflattering.

13. Nat March 26, 2013 at 15:52 #

Somehow I liked this dress. She doesn’t look slutty points for her. Her make is beautiful and her hair too. I like the fact that this look isn’t all over the place like most of her looks so kudos for her. I didn’t like the length it makes her shorter.

• gabis March 27, 2013 at 14:31 #

I agree. Overall I don’t find this such a disastrous look. The black lace detail is indeed tacky and the length shrinks her body but her accessories are great as well as her hair and makeup. The nude hue is very beautiful against her tanned skin me thinks.

14. Valentina April 11, 2013 at 07:00 #