25.03.13

Jameson Empire Awards 2013 Red Carpet Round Up

Empire Awards Women

Here is a look at the rest of the ladies who took to the red carpet at Grosvenor House in London yesterday evening for the Jameson Empire Awards 2013.

Ellie Goulding: The singer wore a simple black L’Agence halter dress with two-tone Nicholas Kirkwood sandals. The thing that piques my interest here is her Kzeniya ‘Wild Black’ clutch: the sharp-edged black-and-white leather clutch with geometric mirrors has just become my must have.

Alexandra Roach: With so much black on this red carpet, I was delighted to see the Welsh actress wearing this green-and-white Emilia Wickstead Spring 2013 long-sleeved flared dress. Simple styling – just adding nude Louboutins and a simple bun – ensured all focus was on her gorgeous dress.

Jenna-Louise Coleman: The actress wore a black-and-white on-trend floor-length dress with peaked shoulders and a leather belt accent by Latvia designer, Katya Shehurina. She also styled her look with the Kzeniya ‘Wild Black’ clutch which only fuels my must have desire for this clutch.

Empire Awards Women 2

Edith Bowman: The radio host wore a Mother of Pearl Irvetta floral-print silk midi dress. You will be forgiven if your first thought was this dress was designed by Erdem. Christian Louboutin ‘Miyousra’ pumps and a red clutch completed her look. Her style of this look is very poor. She has aged dramatically as a result.

Rebecca Hall: The British actress went for a simple, understated look, wearing a sequinned Reed Krakoff Pre-Fall 2013 LBD teamed with black mesh Reed Krakoff heels, a silver Reed Krakoff ‘Compression’ clutch and silver Pomellato bracelets.

Laura Whitmore: The Irish TV presenter wore an elaborate gold-embellished black mini dress by Julien Macdonald. The dress, which hails from the designer’s Fall 2012 collection, was styled with all-black accessories and a gold cuff.

Empire Awards Women 3

Asli Bayram: The gorgeous actress wore a Charlie Brear Fall 2013 champagne silk dress, which she styled with a cropped cream leather jacket by the same designer. The jacket prevents this look from feeling too much like a boudoir look.

Rosie Day: The young actress wore an Emporio Armani navy-and-white printed tea dress, which she styled with a studded leather biker jacket and striking electric-blue pumps.

Helen Mirren: The grand dame, who collected the ‘Empire Legend’ award, wore a Dolce & Gabbana floral-print dress, which we’ve seen several times before on the red carpet, with a black cardigan, black tights and black pumps.

Credit: Getty

Miley Cyrus In Chanel - Ryan Seacrest Foundation

Miley Cyrus In Chanel – Ryan Seacrest Foundation

Shop The Triangle Cut-Out Dress Trend

Shop The Triangle Cut-Out Dress Trend

11 Responses to Jameson Empire Awards 2013 Red Carpet Round Up

1. Moxie March 25, 2013 at 16:44 #

I guess this is a very casual awards show? Because it doesn’t look like anyone made a real effort here.

2. Rebecca Z March 25, 2013 at 17:03 #

What a dreary bunch! The only one I like here is Rebecca Hall. Great dress and some style, but even she looks a little depressed.

3. Nat39 March 25, 2013 at 17:20 #

That Kzeniya clutch is fabulous indeed, love it, it really makes Ellie’s look. Jenna–Louise’s look stands out to me as a bit more interesting, elegant and feminine with a slight edge, wish she’d pulled her hair back into a neat elegant ‘do. Also Rebecca Hall looking good, simple and sexy.

4. NooG March 25, 2013 at 18:25 #

Jenna – Louise looks really nice. It’s cutesy yet edgy at the same time. I really adore the outfit and the clutch.

5. Marybeth March 25, 2013 at 18:41 #

Except for Edith Bowman, I think they all look nice. Not remarkably so, but still nice.

I like Rebecca Hall best. I don’t know anything about Laura Whitmore’s personality but it seems as if she’s very happy in that dress. The boring shoes aside, I think she looks good.

With a smaller size (or belt?) and shorter hem-length, and with better styling, Edith would have looked nice too.

6. Yeliz March 25, 2013 at 19:06 #

I love the first row, with Ellie’s look being my favourite.

• admmgz March 27, 2013 at 14:01 #

7. Aline March 25, 2013 at 21:26 #

I think Jenna-Louise looks amazing, BDOTW-worthy.

I also really like Rebecca Hall.

8. daisy March 25, 2013 at 21:37 #

FC, that Kzeniya clutch is going on my wishlist as well! So fun!
    Jenna-Louise, Alexandra and Rebecca are my Best Dressed from this event. I also thought Helen Mirren looked lovely but I’m growing tired of seeing her in Dolce and Gabbana. It would nice to see her in a different designer only because DG doesn’t have very much diversity amongst their red carpet options.

9. Christine March 25, 2013 at 23:04 #

Only like Rebecca Hall look.

10. EmmaWoodhouse March 26, 2013 at 18:16 #

Alexandra, Laura and Asli look great in very different ways. I like Ellie’s clutch. That’s all.