18.02.13 Best Dressed

Nieves Alvarez In Fausto Puglisi & Stella McCartney - Solo Moda

Nieves Alvarez In Fausto Puglisi & Stella McCartney – Solo Moda

Goya Toledo In Elie Saab Couture - 2013 Goya Cinema Awards

Goya Toledo In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Goya Cinema Awards

28 Responses to Fashion Critics’ 2013 Grammy Awards Round Up

1. hepmoda February 18, 2013 at 13:07 #

My favourite one is ‘The Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen Awards’ :)

• Cookie February 18, 2013 at 14:11 #

HAHAHAHAHAHA Took me a while then I spent like half an hour rolling on the floor.

• Christine February 18, 2013 at 14:18 #

LOL

• Leti February 18, 2013 at 16:08 #

Agreed…had to think about it for a sec and comedy genius sank in.

• Rashmi February 19, 2013 at 11:39 #

:D Lol same here !! It has to be the best title ever!!

• ~abi~ February 18, 2013 at 16:38 #

best award title ever!!!!!!!!

• Shiva February 18, 2013 at 19:12 #

2. Nur February 18, 2013 at 13:32 #

“The Mary-Kate a& Ashley Olsen Award” LOL
    I mostly agree with all of them, though I don’t think Florence was the best dressed. For me it was Rihanna.

3. CreoleLady February 18, 2013 at 13:39 #

Oh, I get it now (I think) — the twins award for Katy Perry, lol. Since one of those pairs usually dresses in clothes three sizes too big, I missed the more obvious connection at first.

OT, you are a cruel, cruel woman. You put that luscious apple green (my absolute favorite color) Kors wool-crepe sheath just casually over there as if I would not go mad with desire. I have been dreaming about that dress since you posted it. I’m obsessed….

4. Quinn February 18, 2013 at 13:53 #

I also didn’t like rihanna’s look as much as the other readers. sure she looks great, but i don’t think its the best of the week.

and LOL at ‘The Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen Awards’!!

• adrian February 19, 2013 at 00:43 #

I pretty much loathe Rihanna’s look. It’s somehow drab for me.

5. GBean February 18, 2013 at 14:03 #

I LOVED Adele’s look. Sure it was a table-cloth/shower curtain if we’ve ever seen one, but it was just so Easter Sunday…SO Adele.

Beyonce was just meh. Impeccable tailoring though. Looks like she was poured into those pants. It’s almost obv that she was giving Jay his “time to shine” since he was performing/also nominated.

and JLo’s leg…that is all. lol

6. Yeliz February 18, 2013 at 15:50 #

LOL at Katy’s award. My best dressed was Rihanna but I also loved Florence’s look. I think JLo’s look deserves a spot on the worst dressed of the year list.

7. TeuntjeVDW February 18, 2013 at 15:54 #

FC, you’re amazing lol (:

8. Eimear February 18, 2013 at 16:17 #

Florence looks like a sequined Dinosaur.

9. Sa'adatu February 18, 2013 at 16:21 #

Lmao at the Mary-Kate and Ashely award,comic genius.Joan Rivers would be proud.
    As for Jlo,nuff said!She has passed the age for this,pleaseeeee someone should tell her.

10. lambette February 18, 2013 at 16:40 #

do you guys know why JLo selected this dress? it was a response, a reaction for something.

11. Nat39 February 18, 2013 at 16:52 #

If Florence´s gown had been in a colour other than green (blue for example), it could´ve worked, but when you have shine and spikes, throwing green into the mix isn´t a good idea (unless it´s National Geographic Awards), then add to it the overload of matching green accessories and the out-of-place sweet soft ´do (that´s the hairstyle for one of her floaty floral gowns) and the result is neither gorgeous/beautiful nor modern, sexy and edgy nor fashion-forward/fierce. It´s just an odd unappealing look, a failed attempt at being interesting and original as far as I´concerned.

The Best Male is a bit too casual imo.

Adele gets my ´If in doubt, play it safe´ award. A more interesting non-black look has to be done right too, I hope next time her stylist will actually pay attention to her body type and think twice before putting her into fussy floral prints and voluminous skirts. This look was all wrong for her.

12. Sara February 18, 2013 at 18:52 #

What does Katy Perry’s titel mean?

13. Sabiha February 18, 2013 at 19:12 #

I completely agree with your ranking. I voted for Florence Welch as best dressed in your pole and while I do think Rhianna looked really good it just wasn’t amaaaaaaazing.

14. Prudence February 18, 2013 at 22:19 #

clearly im dumb cause i dont get katys award. I think I know what its about but id like to be sure.
    overall, FC and I are on the same page.

15. EmmaWoodhouse February 18, 2013 at 22:26 #

Not my favorite event, I did like Adele’s and (most of) Taylor’s looks. Beyonce pulled off that jumpsuit well.

16. Tiger Nueng February 18, 2013 at 23:12 #

This is so fun,I love U FC.

17. Barbara P. February 18, 2013 at 23:50 #

Oh yes!!! Totally agree!! Specially with the best dressed! Amazing ;) and I’m loving Adele too!

18. Jess2 February 19, 2013 at 11:19 #

Soooooo good! The Olsen twin award is hilarious! One again you are right on the money FC :D

19. Marina February 19, 2013 at 12:59 #

LOL I’m still rolling on the floor with the twins joke! You’re hilarious!

Also, not a big fan of Rihanna’s red dress. She looks nice and that’s about it.

20. Steph February 19, 2013 at 20:03 #

I’m confused, too. I don’t get Katy Perry’s award. Help needed.

• Olga February 19, 2013 at 22:36 #

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are twins :) So, basically, it’s “The Twins Award” ;)