Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé – 2nd Annual AACTA Awards

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé - 2nd Annual AACTA Awards

Being a night owl, it can often take me a while to get up in the morning, so I peruse Getty Images from my iPad to give me inspiration to get up.

You can imagine that I jumped up like my butt was on fire when I saw Cate Blanchett on the red carpet for the 2nd Annual AACTA Awards held at The Star in Sydney, Australia this evening.

It has been a while since she graced the red carpet wearing Armani Privé, so I’m ecstatic to see her wearing a look from the Spring 2009 collection, which I have always noted was made for Cate.

Her fiery red Asian-inspired bold-shoulder gown, covered in shimmering red square lacquer sequins with a black trim, was styled with some pretty uninspiring footwear.

Considering this look slams every look from the SAG Awards, she gets a free pass.

Instead of the black tasselled detail at the waist, Cate opted for black drop earrings to spice up her hawt look.

Flawless makeup, which gave her a rosy glow, and a bun with side-swept bangs provided the finishing touches.

Needless to say, even with those shoes, this look will be added to my BDOTY list.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kylie Minogue In Roberto Cavalli - Logie Awards 2014

Kylie Minogue In Roberto Cavalli – Logie Awards 2014

Nicole Kidman In Erdem - 2nd Annual AACTA Awards

Nicole Kidman In Erdem – 2nd Annual AACTA Awards

57 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé – 2nd Annual AACTA Awards

1. Yeliz January 30, 2013 at 10:53 #

WOW, just WOW!!! FC, my jaw dropped when I saw pics of her on my iPad this morning and I was also still lying in bed. This is pure perfection. The shoes get a pass because I didn’t had a wow moment since weeks. The gown fits her like a glove and I am SO glad that she removed that weird detail on the front. I think I can’t use the word WOW enough, to describe how I love this look so I’m putting an end to my comment here. BDOTW and BDOTY contender, enough said.

• Christine January 30, 2013 at 14:24 #

She really SHUT everything DOWN!!!

This is my BDOTW and this is definitely BDOTY nominee. I can’t stop smiling :D

• GGG January 30, 2013 at 15:34 #

She’s perfect. This is why we love fashion! It’s for these types of moments. I can’t stop smiling either. :)

2. Jess2 January 30, 2013 at 10:54 #

Oh, wow!! That dress is amazing, as is her body! I don’t care about the shoes at all. Flawless!

3. the ogre January 30, 2013 at 10:56 #

u know this is the reason why i so love this woman! she looks like royalty every time she steps onto the red carpet! i really don’t mind the shoes if she looks like that from the ankles up…hello everyone else please take a cue from Queen Cate because it’s AWARD SEASON!!!

4. Martin January 30, 2013 at 11:05 #

Just saw Cate present Best Director in this gown at the AACTAs on TV and she left me speechless. She hobbled to the podium a little and joked about the work-out she received walking from backstage to present the award, but there was no denying how perfect she looked in it. These photos make the dress appear shinier and slightly gaudier than it actually was – there was such a smoothness and subtlety to sequins and the fit was sublime. The slightly generic shoes don’t bother me here – between that dress and those earrings, she needs nothing else. BDOTW is a foregone conclusion for me.

5. Loz January 30, 2013 at 11:06 #

Just watched the red carpet (an exciting Wednesday night!!) & Cate looked incredible.. Thanks for the speedy update!!

6. CreoleLady January 30, 2013 at 11:07 #

Armani and Blanchett: a match made in fashion heaven. However, the dress looks like it’s made of PVC plus I dislike shoes and hair. Accordingly, though the silhouette and color are stunning, it is not BDOTY-worthy for me.

• Fiona-Brasil January 30, 2013 at 11:21 #

• Luis January 30, 2013 at 12:23 #

I agree… And with that make up this can’t be a BDOTY..

• GiGi January 30, 2013 at 14:13 #

Her bod and the dress are great. I agree with you.. her hair is a real letdown. It needs a bit of poof. Very very flat.

• justme January 30, 2013 at 20:13 #

I agree.
      She fills the dress in a way the model can only wish for. But I don’t like the material and her hair/shoes are matronly & don’t compliment the nature of the dress.

7. firien January 30, 2013 at 11:07 #

I was really surprised to see a dress like this on Cate, and I’m not sure if I like it. It indeed looks great, but for me, it’s a bit tacky and sci-fi-like, which doesn’t suit Cate.

8. vicky January 30, 2013 at 11:21 #

I totally agree!
    This outshines every single gown from the SAG awards (which was a big let down in my books)!

9. Arina January 30, 2013 at 11:21 #

Superb! That is all!

10. Rashmi January 30, 2013 at 11:34 #

One extraordinary fabulous look from Cate is all required to put the Award Season’s (Globe + SAG) best dressed list to shame. They are so way behind !

11. ruffon January 30, 2013 at 11:38 #

Red sequins are a big NO in my book, but leave it to Cate Blanchett to make them look this good. There’s no doubt she looks amazing, but I have a little sense of deja vu with this look. Hasn’t she wore something very similar before?

12. Carolina January 30, 2013 at 12:30 #

This cut was made for her – WOW.

13. Agathe January 30, 2013 at 12:35 #

I think the shoes’ simplicity complement the dress well.
    She killed them all, once again!
    BDOTW hands down.

• Jen January 30, 2013 at 14:34 #

Agreed on the shoes – I think there’s enough going on with the dress that the shoes should have been kept simple. Love it.

• Moxie January 30, 2013 at 15:32 #

I couldn’t agree more about the shoes. Anything more interesting would have called attention away from that gorgeous dress.

• Eliza January 30, 2013 at 20:35 #

I agree about the shoes. They’re simple and perfect with the dress. Anything more would have been too much. They aren’t clunky platforms, but nice simple pumps. Sometimes a simple black pump is the perfect shoe.

My first reaction to the picture was, and still is, Holey Moley! She’s stunning and knocks this one out. BDOTW and real contender for BDOTY. Lovely.

14. SilentVisitor January 30, 2013 at 12:37 #

This woman knows how to dress………perfection!!! I don’t mind the shoes at all. BDOTW

15. arjun January 30, 2013 at 12:40 #

just one words statuesque
    she most be crown best dressed celebrity of this year not kate, seriously look at this

16. Ramsay January 30, 2013 at 12:50 #

Yes she does look superb but I do have to say I prefer the cut of this dress on the runway (ie less boobage) – not cause I am a prude but because I think it works better with this dress

17. EmmaWoodhouse January 30, 2013 at 12:52 #

Though I am not a fan of plunging necklines or skin-tight silhouettes, everything else about this look is so cool! Cate has a knack for taking a difficult look and ROCKING :) The shoes don’t really bother me.

18. Anne January 30, 2013 at 12:58 #

Cate’s body is rocking in this gown. She looks amazing. Great color on her & the earrings are fab. Shame about the shoes, but I shall overlook them. The focus is up anyway, so I don’t really notice them

19. lu January 30, 2013 at 13:13 #

Wow! she has such a presence and poison. Stunning look for Kate it has the Wow factor and fits perfectly. Love the styling, glad she remove the weird accesory on the waist and the earring are perfect. Don’t mind the shoes at all in this case. The only thing I could say it’s that I’ve prefered if the botomm was just straight, without that weird shape but other than that is perfect. BDOTW for sure and probably BDOTY nominee.

20. dee January 30, 2013 at 13:48 #

Cate looks amazing in this dress. So glad those tassels at the waist were removed. I love this from head to toe.

21. EmmaWoodhouse January 30, 2013 at 14:18 #

Anyone else notice that Cate normally removes things from the waist of her Armani ensembles? LOL
    Here, she removed the peplum:
    Here and here she removed the crescent.
    In all cases I think she made the right choice.

• Fashion Critic January 30, 2013 at 14:31 #

Agreed the right choice each time.. thanks for that

• Jennifer January 30, 2013 at 15:27 #

It goes to show how much input she has in fashion – she doesn’t just say, “oh good, free stuff!” She has an actual interest and an eye and almost always is spot on with what works for her and what doesn’t. And Lord, does the woman ever have presence! She is now on my BDOTW and the BDOTY list.

22. fromchi-town January 30, 2013 at 14:54 #

Its a magnificent look. Take note… award season attendees… this is how you rock the red carpet!!

23. shap_half January 30, 2013 at 15:11 #

I think her body looks incredible, and I love the added cleavage, but I don’t think she necessarily slams everyone at SAG. I probably still prefer Seyfried’s Zac Posen look to this.

24. Moxie January 30, 2013 at 15:32 #

BDOTW and a spot on BDOTY for certain.

25. GGG January 30, 2013 at 15:33 #

All hail the Queen of the Red Carpet! She’s simply divine. I love seeing her at her absolute best. The bar is now set for 2013… LOVE HER.

26. TeaAtTwo January 30, 2013 at 15:38 #

Trust Cate to comeback and give us a wow moment after a snooze inducing SAG awards carpet. I’m with the shoes on this occasion- they’re not heavy or distracting from the dress.

27. AnderBoBo January 30, 2013 at 15:55 #

Literally bowing!!!

28. tabasco January 30, 2013 at 16:04 #

KILLER

29. Prudence January 30, 2013 at 18:37 #

SHES BACK! omg I lovee this so much i cannot even handle it. everything that just went down on the golden globes and sag red carpet has been wiped out of my mind. Yes we can deffs forgive the shoes. I hope this is the return of the queen!!!! BDOTW FOR SURE. like no one else can top this

30. robbie January 30, 2013 at 18:49 #

flaw-frickin-less!

31. Nat39 January 30, 2013 at 19:18 #

I find the shimmer a bit cheapening, ‘reptilic’. It doesn’t slam Kerry Washington’s Rodarte gown (for me) which was a gem, a work of art. But it’s still stunning, Cate is rocking this look, her body looks amazing, and I doubt anyone can beat this look this week.

32. MissAmynae January 30, 2013 at 21:15 #

Bow down, guys. Bow the heck down.

uh-may-zing.

• robert January 31, 2013 at 05:17 #

Lol!

I love it when celebrities wear clothes from collections that are years old. Proving true beauty is timeless.

It’s a very unique design and the color is so striking. I love it and gasped when I saw it!

• dee January 31, 2013 at 18:54 #

I agree. That shows that she has great style and knows how to pick the right pieces.

33. Alex January 30, 2013 at 21:50 #

Already in my top-10 of the year and it’s only 31/1/13.
    Armani Prive & Ms. Blanchett = fashion ecstasy

34. Pedro January 31, 2013 at 00:09 #

AMAZING dress but terrible shoes!

Anyway, she looks perfect

35. Tatiana January 31, 2013 at 00:20 #

Wow, just wow she looks so hot in this dress. I like that it is very different from the dresses she usually wears but still it is very fashion forward and elegant.

36. Dhppy January 31, 2013 at 03:49 #

This would have been a welcome sight at the Golden Globes or SAG Awards. She has such a sense of style. Considering the black piping on the dress, I don’t think the shoes are out of order.

37. Manuel January 31, 2013 at 08:31 #

WOW, she looks so hot and sexy! Damn Queen Cate ;)
    And she is BDOTW and already top 5 of BDOTY award 2013

38. Susan January 31, 2013 at 20:43 #

Love it.

39. Alina February 1, 2013 at 13:02 #

I don’t love it. I don’t think it’s BDOTY worthy, not even BDOTW winner.

• dressaddict February 1, 2013 at 20:53 #

+1, I loved the runway version, but not on Cate. To bad she removed the wasit detail, that made the look. And the shoes are horrible.

40. Foteini P. February 1, 2013 at 13:20 #

She is a GODDESS !!!!

41. anonymous as always February 2, 2013 at 00:18 #

I loooove her! She is my style icon…

42. AnneEV April 17, 2013 at 19:38 #

Well, she has a knock out figure and that dress fits her like a glove … but, it really is that great on her — the color is not flattering to her skin tone, and her make up and hair are horrid. I’m sorry — she is not pretty enough to carry this off.