28.01.13

Elisabeth Moss In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 SAG Awards

Elisabeth Moss In Dolce & Gabbana - 2013 SAG Awards

Elisabeth Moss donned the black-and-glamorous trend at the 2013 SAG Awards, held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California.

Dressed far differently from her ‘Mad Men’ character, the actress gave off an understated sexiness vibe in a sweetheart neckline and sequined dress by Dolce & Gabbana.

As if the sequins weren’t enough sparkle, the star styled the dress with $1 million Forevermark diamond studs,  a jeweled Jimmy Choo ‘Case’ clutch, and classic pointed-toe Christian Louboutin ‘Decollete’ stilettos.

Her beauty was spot on with a deep, side swept part, kohl-rimmed eyes and a lightly pink lip.

My only qualm is that the short hemline felt a bit underdressed for the high style event. Do you agree?

Credit: Getty

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Sarah Hyland In Dolce & Gabbana - 2013 SAG Awards

Sarah Hyland In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 SAG Awards

19 Responses to Elisabeth Moss In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 SAG Awards

1. Christine January 28, 2013 at 05:10 #

Underwhelmed.

2. Molly January 28, 2013 at 05:13 #

My only wish is that the dress were a gown, aside from that, this is easily the best Elisabeth has ever looked. I really love her hair.

• Rashmi January 28, 2013 at 05:30 #

+1. Just wished that it was a gown.

• Yeliz January 28, 2013 at 07:05 #

3. Erika January 28, 2013 at 05:30 #

I really like this look – it stands out from the plethora of mermaid dresses that were on the red carpet plus her hair and make up looked amazing.

4. Luca January 28, 2013 at 05:48 #

I don’t see how you guys can complain about her wearing a cocktail dress, since when is it required to wear a gown to the SAG’s or any event for that matter. Many actresses have worn cocktail dresses in the past (Tina Fey in Salvatore Ferragamo, Reese Witherspoon In Nina Ricci (x2), and Marion Cottilard in Elie Saab to name a few) If she looks fashionable and appropriate then what is the big deal?

• Leti January 28, 2013 at 14:36 #

ITA! Reese Witherspoon in Nina Ricci immediately came to mind when I saw this. I have no problems with it, and think she looks great. I would much prefer cocktail length so someone who can’t get tea length right (here’s looking at you Kaley Cuoco).

5. msd January 28, 2013 at 06:44 #

I don’t think she looks underdressed personally. Thelength suits her and the styling is excellent.

6. rebecca o January 28, 2013 at 07:28 #

The dress is far more flattering than what she usually wears, but I really dislike the eye makeup on her.

7. CreoleLady January 28, 2013 at 10:50 #

She doesn’t look underdressed to me. Well done.

8. Moxie January 28, 2013 at 11:43 #

She looks good, but it isn’t really a memorable look. It looks more appropriate for an after party instead of the red carpet.

9. Ysatis January 28, 2013 at 12:11 #

She looks sophisticated and I like that she does not try to look like a bombshell with a ton of fake tan and 5 lbs of hair extensions.

10. dee January 28, 2013 at 13:13 #

I really like this. I love her hair darker. She looks pretty good to me.

11. EmmaWoodhouse January 28, 2013 at 13:16 #

Even though I don’t like strapless, this would be an elegant look for a cocktail party. It’s just not enough for the SAGs.

12. Chloe January 28, 2013 at 15:51 #

She looks great, don’t mind the length. Black looks great on her

13. Ritika January 28, 2013 at 16:45 #

may or may not be appropriate, i really dont care if someone turns up looking THAT good. her best look in my books.

14. Dhppy January 28, 2013 at 18:21 #

I love the fact that someone elevated the LBD to this level of Red Carpet. I love that it’s sleek and there isn’t one hint of princess in this. She came just behind Shipka on my Top Ten List.

15. zoe January 28, 2013 at 18:31 #

WOW. elisabeth looks absolutely fabulous. she has always been a mouse on the red carpet to me, but here all eyes were definitely on her. i don’t mind the shorter hemline, all i care about is the fact that she loks gorgeous and her eyes really stand out in this look.

16. Sharon A. January 29, 2013 at 01:40 #

This may be the best she has ever looked! I think the dress is so flattering it doesn’t matter that it is not a gown.