Deepika Padukone In Prabal Gurung – 58th Idea Filmfare Awards

Deepika Padukone In Prabal Gurung - 58th Idea Filmfare Awards

Regarded as one of the best-dressed celebrities in India, Deepika Padukone showcased her impeccable style on the red carpet at the 58th Idea Filmfare Awards in Andheri, Mumbai on Sunday evening.
The actress slipped into a sexy Prabal Gurung Fall 2012 gown.

Her plunging gown, with sheer panels and a central slit, was worn with the leather belt as worn by the model on the runway.

Deepika’s styling was very simple, with Christian Louboutin pumps and Jade Jagger rings.

With her hair styled into a slicked-back ponytail, she rounded off her smouldering look with bold red lips and a black manicure.

You may remember that Zoe Saldana wore this same dress to the CFDA Awards when escorting the designer to the event last year.

Credit: Style.com & BCCL/Tejas Kudtarkar

Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan - Macau Bollywood IIFA Awards

Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan – Macau Bollywood IIFA Awards

Jenna Elfman In Rodarte - ‘1600 Penn’ White House Screening

Jenna Elfman In Rodarte – ‘1600 Penn’ White House Screening

28 Responses to Deepika Padukone In Prabal Gurung – 58th Idea Filmfare Awards

1. ahot January 24, 2013 at 17:06 #

Gorgeous no doubt, but no even appropriate considering that Filmfare Awards are
    India´s Oscars. Fits too tight somehow, Zoe rocked it better imho

2. gabis January 24, 2013 at 17:17 #

Tacky is the word which she ensured by adding those red lips and ponytail. I don’t like this dress at all but it looks a zillion times better with the modern styling we see on the runway. Deepika looks like she just got back from a time travel to the 90′s.

3. Nat39 January 24, 2013 at 17:26 #

‘Event-appropriateness’ aside, I liked this dress on slim Zoe, and I like it on curvier Deepeka too, the dress works better without the belt in both cases – it’s more elegant without it. Her hair and makeup are pretty, loving a colour pop via red lippie, wish she’d worn an ankle-strap shoe with the sheer skirt like this and added a ring (can’t see if she has any). Overall I like it.

4. Yeliz January 24, 2013 at 17:34 #

I’m not really loving this look. The gown seems too tight at the hip area.

• SilentVisitor January 24, 2013 at 18:48 #

Exactly, the dress is too tight………….this dress is better IMO on a slim woman maybe because it worked so well on Zoe but this is not a good look………

5. Ariel January 24, 2013 at 17:40 #

She looks really hot in the gown but it wasn’t event appropriate for Bollywood’s biggest awards night (equivalent to the oscars)

But what are your thoughts of Priyanka Chopra in Armani Prive?

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2013 at 18:08 #

I have only seen this picture from this event.

6. Sarah January 24, 2013 at 17:55 #

She’s gorgeous :)

Check out Anushka Sharma too. She wore a gorgeous yellow Victoria Beckham

7. Christine January 24, 2013 at 17:59 #

We are seeing plenty of re-runs on the red carpet lately. What’s stylists? I know sometimes it’s hard to track a dress and when it was worn but jeez.

8. Pri January 24, 2013 at 18:06 #

Thanks FC for posting Bollywood style. But be warned, there may be some over-eager fans posting comments.

I don’t think it is a good choice for the Filmfare Awards. the biggest film awards of India.

I’m happy that Prabal though is getting popular with Bollywood actresses now (Sonam Kapoor was to wear a dress from his collection the first I think).

9. justme January 24, 2013 at 18:15 #

I didn’t like this dress on Zoe and I don’t like it on Deepika either.
    She looks beautiful from the neck up though.

• Rebecca Z January 24, 2013 at 18:49 #

10. OFF/THE/RECORD January 24, 2013 at 18:42 #

She looks good and there’s no doubt about it BUT this gown is drawing attention at all the wrong places ! Her broader hips look much broader and the stretch marks resulting out of her tight fit makes her waist look even wider! The choice of black nailpaint was the only thing that stood out for me!

11. A.C. January 24, 2013 at 20:25 #

Well indian awards are never like the Oscars..some men even turn up to them wearing jeans.. so i don’t see how this is not appropriate..

• Varsha January 25, 2013 at 04:48 #

+100

This is so true! Filmfare maybe be the same as the Oscars in terms of the award’s prestige.. But fashion wise, they’re no where near close. Hence I think we should cut Deepika some slack. She looks pretty fab!

12. Nishta January 24, 2013 at 21:10 #

Deepika Padukone is about the skinniest person alive. It’s a shame this dress is so unflattering. And I agree with the above comment. The Filmfare awards themselves might be the highest acting honour in India but the ceremony is nothing close to the Oscars.

• SilentVisitor January 25, 2013 at 03:03 #

about skinniest person alive? really????
      Anyway she certainly forgot what her size is………

13. Dhppy January 24, 2013 at 21:23 #

I don’t love this gown but I knew it would look better on a fuller figure, I thought Zoe Saldana looked disturbingly thin in it.

14. Haley January 24, 2013 at 23:16 #

Love it! She looks gorgeous, but I would’ve kept the belt.

15. georgia_may January 24, 2013 at 23:20 #

omg bdotw worthy!!

16. RT January 25, 2013 at 00:12 #

I like it better on Deepika just because Zoe looks way too thin in this gown.
    I would say the gown isn’t that great with its cuts and color.

17. ok January 25, 2013 at 00:49 #

I think this gown is tacky. Deepika is beautiful, but there is no saving this look.

18. Chloe January 25, 2013 at 00:51 #

Imo, Zoe ruined it for everyone else.

19. Iris January 25, 2013 at 07:38 #

Deepika fills it out much better than Zoe, that said, it isn’t my favorite Prabal Gurung. What did you think of the look, FC? In the Zoe post, you said you couldn’t imagine anyone else doing it justice…

• Fashion Critic January 25, 2013 at 07:49 #

I prefer Zoe…not a fan of reruns when it has been worn perfectly the first time

20. Katie January 25, 2013 at 10:05 #

I think it was much more sleek on Zoe, it looks tacky here

21. Jess2 January 26, 2013 at 12:53 #

This dress worked better on Zoe’s slimmer frame.

22. EmmaWoodhouse January 26, 2013 at 18:34 #

The dress is very tacky, trashy/campy. I didn’t like it on Zoe, and I don’t like it on Deepika. Neck up pretty. Neck down terrible.