14.01.13

Michelle Dockery In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Michelle Dockery In Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 2013 Golden Globes

Michelle Dockery surprised me when she took to the red carpet this evening for the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California on Sunday.

I was expecting to be unimpressed with her choice but she proved me wrong, wearing an Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2012 Couture gown.

The designer, who is loved by the likes of Rihanna, Heidi Klum, Alicia Keys and Rita Ora, created this stunning white crepe gown with a gold guipure bodice and signature bold shoulders.

After disappointing at the Emmy Awards, Michelle’s risky choice tonight paid off.

Gold accessories and wavy tresses completed her look.

I’m pretending not to notice her burgundy pumps.

Credit: Getty

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Jenna Dewan-Tatum's J Brand Slim Denim Jacket

Jenna Dewan-Tatum’s J Brand Slim Denim Jacket

27 Comments

27 Responses to Michelle Dockery In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

1. Christine January 14, 2013 at 01:20 #

This is a great dress. Not even noticing the pumps either lol

• admmgz January 14, 2013 at 06:26 #

+1 beautiful!

• LC February 22, 2013 at 03:59 #

beautiful!!

2. Tea January 14, 2013 at 01:21 #

Loving this distinctive look!

3. Nat39 January 14, 2013 at 01:29 #

The gown is fabulous, and the questionable burgundy pumps aside, her styling is very nice, loving the touch of green via jewellery and the adorable hairstyle. The only thing that bothers me is that the gown make the shoulder area look so stiff and her neck really short, a bit too restrictive.

• Yeliz January 14, 2013 at 06:36 #

I agree on all points.

4. AW January 14, 2013 at 01:36 #

The gown is beautiful. I wish her hair was back off her face.

I will pretend not to see the shoes also.

5. Moxie January 14, 2013 at 01:40 #

I’ll pretend the airline lost her bag of shoes and that no shoe stores in LA were open. LOL. Beautiful from the ankles up.

6. Leti January 14, 2013 at 01:44 #

I really want to like this dress, but in the end, I think it almost but doesn’t quite work for me. I think combination of the strong shoulders and the high neck is just too aggressive. I think I would have loved as a sleeveless halter dress.

• justme January 14, 2013 at 07:20 #

Totally.
      The top half of this dress makes Michelle look stiff.

• dee January 14, 2013 at 13:45 #

I agree.

• Alina January 14, 2013 at 16:13 #

7. peach January 14, 2013 at 01:50 #

Stunning dress, beautiful woman. I just wish her hair wasn’t quite so “Lady Mary”. I see this look on her every Sunday night, would loved to have seen something different. But she does look stunning.

8. shap_half January 14, 2013 at 01:58 #

I think she looks fantastic. I wasn’t expecting much considering how underwhelming she’s been most of the time, but this is just wonderful. It’s chic and glamorous!

9. jessicamarantelli January 14, 2013 at 02:03 #

I though that this gown was amazing. It took my breath away when she arrived on the red carpet and I stopped listening to Ryan Seacrest. I didnt even notice the shoes and I think he hair and makeup are perfect. Also on another note I rather liked her look at the Emmys, it was different, unepexcted and the red lips was a great touch. She made a lot of best dressed lists so I think this is one time we disagress

10. jessicamarantelli January 14, 2013 at 02:05 #

*disagree

11. Marybeth January 14, 2013 at 02:13 #

The shoulders are too much for me, especially with the high neckline.

12. Sanette January 14, 2013 at 02:27 #

I gasped when I saw her on the red carpet. She’s my favourite of the night. (I’m ingnoring the pumps)

13. Natalie19 January 14, 2013 at 02:49 #

LOVE!

She’s one of my favorites of the night (after Naomi Watts)

14. Leah January 14, 2013 at 03:14 #

Michelle Dockery has a great sense of fashion, so how is this fantastic choice of hers such a surprise? Her Louis Vuitton gown was “meh”, but I think it was mostly due to the fact that it was in great need of some steaming prior to to red carpet walk. Otherwise, it probably would’ve looked much better. But I agree that this dress looks fantastic on her.

15. Ella January 14, 2013 at 03:20 #

OMG!! She TOTALLY stepped her game up after her disappointing showing at the Emmys (where she was among my worst dressed) I actually find myself loving this dress

16. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2013 at 04:12 #

I like that she went bold, and I like the gold and white combo (assuming that the top is opaquely lined). Definitely this is a fashion-forward look and she’s pulling it off. But–the top it a little stiff looking, and the fact that the skirt has NO gold on it bothers me a bit. Still a great look. And she styled it well–less is more!

17. Rebecca Z January 14, 2013 at 04:44 #

Pretty dress and I love her hair and makeup, but the shoulderpads make her look like she is eternally shrugging.

18. MissAmynae January 14, 2013 at 07:15 #

Flaw. Less. So sleek and skimming- she looks so willowy and lean. Colors are perfection- that pop of blue-green in the jewelry makes her honey-brown eyes just pop out at you.

Brava, love. Brava!!

19. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang January 14, 2013 at 08:41 #

Downton Abbey would be proud of you!! Although Michelle Dockery lost her Best Actress awards to Claire Danes, she’s definitely a better dresser than Claire in this two-tone Alexander Vaulthier creation!! Love the intricate gold beading on the dress and her nude makeup!! Stunned to perfection, every bit the Best Actress nominee, Michelle!!

20. Amy January 14, 2013 at 13:37 #

she’s working the RC. I like her dress: bold and elegant

21. vanillarose August 25, 2013 at 18:25 #

This is such a great improvement from the Emmys, and a really daring look for Michelle – love it!