23.12.12 Best Of

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 - Lupita Nyong’o

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 – Lupita Nyong’o

She’s Got Shoe Game Award – Nieves Alvarez

She’s Got Shoe Game Award – Nieves Alvarez

48 Responses to The Red Carpet Looks From 2012 We Didn’t Like

1. Victoria December 23, 2012 at 21:07 #

I could not agree more! I hated so much Kristen Stewart in Erdem!!! Can’t wait for the rest of the posts!!

2. Henrique December 23, 2012 at 21:10 #

This thing Sarah Michelle Gellar wore at Golden Globes is one of the ugliest things i’ve ever seen

3. Xiomalys Crespo December 23, 2012 at 21:14 #

Amanda Seyfried’s look will sure give me nightmares tonight.

• Rashmi December 24, 2012 at 08:30 #

Lol! so true! its just hideous!

PS: I like how FC changed the name to “The Red Carpet Looks From 2012 We Didn’t Like” instead of ‘Worst Dressed of 2012′ :)

• Fashion Critic December 24, 2012 at 08:48 #

Worst dressed seems so harsh :)

• Rashmi December 24, 2012 at 12:09 #

Haha! Yup so agree, and that gesture bought a smile on my face :)

• Linda December 24, 2012 at 14:57 #

Yes, love the name of this post, classic FC at her best.
        Have a wonderful Christmas, FC!
        Linda

• Fashion Critic December 24, 2012 at 21:03 #

Happy holidays x

4. noo December 23, 2012 at 21:18 #

I think we should give Heidi Klum the “Meanie who made us hate Versace award”

5. fashion~lover December 23, 2012 at 21:25 #

I voted for Kristen! This has to the worst look on the red carpet! Erdem didn’t deserve such attitude toward his work.

6. MEME December 23, 2012 at 21:28 #

Every single one of Demi Lavato’s looks should’ve been up there….

• mm December 23, 2012 at 23:49 #

LOL, she will get it right soon, i hope

7. Mrs. A December 23, 2012 at 21:30 #

Personally dont think looks 3,5,9 and 10 are THAT bad. Def not flawless but not the worst either.

8. robbie December 23, 2012 at 21:33 #

my eyes are in desperate need of bleach to get rid of the images of some of these horrible looks.

9. Irmina December 23, 2012 at 21:50 #

1 and 3: terrible

10. lovelee December 23, 2012 at 21:54 #

All of these looks are terrible. Nothing redeemable.

11. Yeliz December 23, 2012 at 22:07 #

Can’t believe Kristen is the worst dressed. There are at least 5 people in this poll who were much worser than her. But since it’s Kristen, it’s normal that so many people gave their vote to her, because she wore this. I bet if someone else had worn this dress, that person wouldn’t be the worst dressed.

• Rahel December 23, 2012 at 23:08 #

No. Kristen’s dress was see through but she still cut it off to make it short. Why do you need to cut a complete transparent dress? That’s the worst thing you could do.

• Yeliz December 24, 2012 at 00:04 #

I hated that she cut it off, but I don’t think that this makes her automatically worst dressed. Look at Maggie Cheung’s Chanel disaster or Heidi Klum’s tacky Versace dress, for example, their looks are worse IMO.

• whatilikeaboutkstew December 25, 2012 at 14:12 #

so true ! I don’t agree Kristen is the worst dressed! the reason that Kristen is the worst dressed is just that … this is Kristen ! If it was someone like Kate Moss or Alexa Chung , nobody would say that she is worst dressed!

• Carmen December 23, 2012 at 23:22 #

Krissten’s look is bad, although not the worst IMO. I think because Kristen’s look was very recent, when it came to voting people remebered her look over the others.

• yelena December 24, 2012 at 02:08 #

Someone else might have worn it better. This is not a dress Kristen can carry off. Not her style at all. That combined with bad fit, the eternal slouching, a silly unseasonable choice of dress, the offense of cutting the hem and it’s just an all around failure. Nothing personal about it.

• Jess2 December 24, 2012 at 02:29 #

Kristen wasn’t the worst in my opinion but the cutting of the dress, the poor fit and the terrible fitting shoes make this look pretty close to worst. I don’t think it has anything to do with the person but this look as a whole is a bit of a disaster. I also agree with Carmen about the recency of this look, it stuck in people minds.

12. Prudence December 23, 2012 at 22:08 #

omggg am i the only one who liked anya?? yeaa the hip bone is kind anasty, but I thought she looked great! aah
    other than that everyone on there deffs deserve it although I would have swapped heidi and kristen cause as a model heidi should know better!!!!!

13. Christine December 23, 2012 at 22:12 #

Yep, all horrible looks.

• Alina December 24, 2012 at 10:28 #

Agree.

14. Ella December 23, 2012 at 23:23 #

The only one I like is Sarah Michelle Gellar…..Kirsten definitely deserved the top spot! And Heidi….oh gosh, those dresses were awful

• Dhppy December 24, 2012 at 01:52 #

While I can’t say that I like SMG’s gown, I do appreciate it on some level. I wouldn’t have put it on the worst dressed.

15. milex December 23, 2012 at 23:55 #

Heldi should be at first.
    I don’t understand why everybody hate this outfit of Kristen so much.. I don’t love it either but it is not THAT bad

16. Dhppy December 24, 2012 at 00:33 #

I assume most people were lucky enough to forget about Olivia Munn in Armani Prive at HBO’s reception. I wish I could.

• Dhppy December 24, 2012 at 04:46 #

The black dress with the pressed boobs, strange hem length, and bad shoes – not the white dress.

17. Lissy December 24, 2012 at 00:45 #

bonnie wright at cannes = all looks = BAD!!

• Mandy January 4, 2013 at 23:23 #

Darn it, You are very right! I completely forgot about Bonnie at Cannes!

18. Gaby December 24, 2012 at 00:58 #

I guess Kristen got number 1 because her look’s the most recent.
    I thought Ashley Judd’s undescribable look would get the top spot until I saw Anja Rubik flaunting her hipbone sans underpants! Can you imagine if it had been windy?! What was she trying to prove?

• lu December 26, 2012 at 16:51 #

agree I also don’t think kristen is the worst of the list. Anja, Heidi or Ashley would’ve been my first choice.

19. Vidhya December 24, 2012 at 01:19 #

Anja is the worst of the lot. Nobody should wear a dress cut upto their hipbone. Ridiculous.

• Dhppy December 24, 2012 at 01:54 #

Her dress looks like its been pawed by an oversexed lion.

• Wizzer December 24, 2012 at 02:13 #

Oh God, that’s HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. bm December 24, 2012 at 07:24 #

I love that you use that title FC, instead of Worst dressed of the year (that would be too mean).
    Can’t wait for your version of Best Dressed of the Year, usually we share some, like Zoe Saldana last year. (Hopefully Freida in Michael Angel, Sonam in Ferragamo, E Banks in Bill Blass, and Karolina in Elie Saab/ Rachel Zoe is on your list too)

21. Rashmi December 24, 2012 at 08:29 #

Had voted for Ashley Judd, I cringe whenever i see that outfit, and so wish to cut that bow on the neck back and those loosen those hair!
    Well about Kirsten… She managed to make a nice dress look incomparably tacky and she rightly deserved the top spot.

22. Noemi (WBiS) December 24, 2012 at 09:11 #

They’re all so ugly, I didn’t even remember such terrible looks.

23. Kaiva December 24, 2012 at 15:05 #

I guess I’m the only one that didn’t hate that Erdem look, I would have put Heidie first, that just burns my eyes. Also 4,5,6 and 10 wasn’t that bad. i mean they weren’t any good either, but there was some much more terrible.

24. EmmaWoodhouse December 24, 2012 at 18:48 #

Some really cringeworthy looks…my worst was Fergie at the Grammys, though, although Heidi might just have been the worst of the year. Kristen’s was pretty bad, though. They’re all terrible except Sarah Michelle and Olivia, whose looks I didn’t love but didn’t despise.
    This is a fun addition to the end of the year tallies!

25. Amy December 24, 2012 at 20:11 #

BAD!
    Heidi deserved the top post just because she literally murdered Versace at the EMAs, every look was a mess.
    Kristen: WHY? she had such a good year with her promos tours and in one look she managed to erase everything.
    Amanda S: No comment.
    Sarah Michelle: doesn’t she have any friend? anyone could have tell her the truth about that giant tablecloth she wore.
    Kelly O: for someone who makes a living out of judging others’looks she should be ashamed, I bet she thought those sleeves were edgy, FAIL
    Anja: hipbones are not a thing, not even when you’re a model. End.

26. KK December 24, 2012 at 22:06 #

I agree with the commenters who say Heidi should be 1- I mean you could literally pick almost ANY outfit she wore and put it up there. I disagree that Kristen’s look should be on the top 10. I think it was voted because it was most recent. There are easily 10 more offensive looks than this. The dresses with outrageous cut outs or color patterns are always a big no to me. Also boring, to me me, trumps experimental and bold that didn’t quite come together, which is how I feel about Kristen’s outfit. It’s such a fine line with fashion forward between ‘OMG genius I’m in love’ and ‘ehhh no not working.’

Also, I hate myself for saying this but SMG’s dress kind of grew on me. Not like ‘I like it’ grew on me, but I don’t actively hate it like I first did grew on me.

LOVING all the posts FC!!!

27. Taksi December 25, 2012 at 19:45 #

I think I’m the only one that liked Kristen’s Erdem look. Though I would have put that sparkly jumpsuit she wore to one of the Twilight premieres in the Top 20 at least.

28. Cindy December 26, 2012 at 05:45 #

I love Kristen and that is the ugliest ensemble I have ever seen! Hands down winner (loser). It’s not because it’s the most recent, it’s because it’s awful! They are all terrible and have earned their places!

29. Dan Oliver December 26, 2012 at 11:44 #

Heidi ruined this Versace collection she was my worst dressed.